Car and Driver *****.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I am sure that Super Chevy , Muscle Mustang, Fast Ford and GM HI-Tech are on the top of the list for priority for Dodge Marketing. Now how to extrapolate that to major magazine coverage is more than a stretch.

I share the feelings of inadequate coverage. But so many things have affected marketing plans like a bankruptcy, impending sale of Viper, government involvement, etc. that is impossible for those of us with no knowledge to derive a reasonable understanding of why things are as they are. remember that the magazines now are based on evaluations performed in June and July. The future will state it was not the best of times.
Please list YOUR PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS IN DEALING WITH OR SETTING UP ANY magazine tests (including those tests you personally attended ,the names of the publications and the employees of the publications YOU have personally been involved with .)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I am sure that Super Chevy , Muscle Mustang, Fast Ford and GM HI-Tech are on the top of the list for priority for Dodge Marketing. Now how to extrapolate that to major magazine coverage is more than a stretch.

I share the feelings of inadequate coverage. But so many things have affected marketing plans like a bankruptcy, impending sale of Viper, government involvement, etc. that is impossible for those of us with no knowledge to derive a reasonable understanding of why things are as they are. remember that the magazines now are based on evaluations performed in June and July. The future will state it was not the best of times.
PS Really then WHY when the Ford GT was being developed did Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford have access to the car BEFORE the other major mags . Who at this point in time is a consulting TEST DRIVER for Ford SVT in development of the new GT500 due out in a few years.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that's true if it was a new model. Chrysler sometimes gives them fast feedback cars that weren't even built at full production rates. The Viper has been out for how long? So any type of article being written in the past 5-6 years there should be no problem finding a Viper available for some comparison testing. If they really made the effort to procure a Viper for testing I'm sure Chrysler would accommodate unless they gave them no lead time.
Sometimes yes,sometimes no there are a ton of variables here in GETTING ALL the cars the mag wants together for a test (remember its to the mags advantage to include the Viper here as the car does have a following-people WILL SPECIFICALLY buy a mag if they see a Viper involved in a test ).There are only so many test cars available at one time ,who knows where they where in the blocked times alotted for this test.Even Car and Driver ,Road and Track are sometimes FORCED to use personally owned cars in certain instances.(I believe if you where to check the LAMBO used in the Danica Patrick test verses the Viper a few years ago MAY be someones personal car )

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be too argumentative, but the since GM and Ford weren't bought out by a European automaker, the case could be made that they are more "American "

Now if you really want to get technical, Ford is the only American car company left that isn't under control of a fascist government at this point... :omg:
Go Ford...

Car and Driver still *****...

:usa:

I actually agree with you completely. We are looking for a car for my kid right now, and I am trying to push him toward a Fusion for that very reason.:usa:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIke most everything else these days, if an idiot reads it in a book, the idiot will automatically take it as gospel. That's why advertising works. 99% of the car mags do totally ****.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS Really then WHY when the Ford GT was being developed did Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford have access to the car BEFORE the other major mags . Who at this point in time is a consulting TEST DRIVER for Ford SVT in development of the new GT500 due out in a few years.
Is your head screwed on all that wrong??? Ya think, even for a moment, that Ford would be more interested in a Ford based magazine than any other automaker? If you think not I suggest signing up for knindergarten because you have a long way to go.

NONE of the magazines mentioned by you are a mainstream magazine for current, non-Ford based vehicles. NONE.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please list YOUR PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS IN DEALING WITH OR SETTING UP ANY magazine tests (including those tests you personally attended ,the names of the publications and the employees of the publications YOU have personally been involved with .)
Why would this be important in trying to understand why a Ford based magazine would not be the target market for a non-Ford owned product.

As far as references can I see your kindergarten diploma. I am having doubts.

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would this be important in trying to understand why a Ford based magazine would not be the target market for a non-Ford owned product.

Hey! Never doubt the word of 1BADGTS: he knows a guy who knew a guy who had a friend who knows a guy that was there when the guy delivered the rag to the store and was asked why there wasn't a VIPER involved in the test. If that's not enough, he either personally arranged for every VIPER road test ever conducted - that's right, every one since '92 - or was asked for his blessing before they took place. And every VIPER owner (except me) has eaten at his restaurant. So, as far as his road test credentials go, clearly, he's the man.

BTW, he's the Rodney Dangerfield of engineers as well: did you know that all VIPER engines are crap? That's right: junk bottom ends built with cheap, second-rate parts! Want proof? Give him your car for an afternoon and you'll need a tow truck to get it home, mister!

Incredibly, he and his buddies ("professionals", to you and me) can actually destroy a clutch and grenade your motor faster than you can say "IGNORAMUS" because that's what real test drivers are paid to do; only then can the weaknesses of the cheap VIPER V10 truly be exposed.

If it weren't for that pronouncement from 1BADGTS some time ago I'd still be driving my GEN IV like a race car with a factory warranty! Chuck, especially, was devastated at this news. I suspect he hasn't been back to the track more than once or twice a week since.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We know your not a racer (unless of coarse its BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER ),now we also know your your opinion on procuring cars for mag tests IS DEAD WRONG - WITHOUT ANY PRACTICAL FIRST HAND EXPERIANCE .McMullan Argus publishes ALL kinds of different car magazines (GM High Tech,Mopar Perf ect )besides Musc Must.(As a matter of fact as far as mag times go they hold the quickest published times recorded for a Gen 2 Viper Gen 4 Viper and i believe Ford GT ).Once again if iam wrong you should have absolutely no qualms in listing (in depth )your COMPLETE PERSONAL EXPERIANCES in this area.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys it DOES NOT WORK how you think as ALOT of times a mag may want to include a car in their tests and quite simply can not get one from a parent car company or a private source in the timeframe alotted.The test goes on without that car included.

If that's the case, journalistic integrity would dictate you indicate this in the article. Yeah, we know you rub elbows with these special people, but do you sit in on the editorial meetings?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! Never doubt the word of 1BADGTS: he knows a guy who knew a guy who had a friend who knows a guy that was there when the guy delivered the rag to the store and was asked why there wasn't a VIPER involved in the test. If that's not enough, he either personally arranged for every VIPER road test ever conducted - that's right, every one since '92 - or was asked for his blessing before they took place. And every VIPER owner (except me) has eaten at his restaurant. So, as far as his road test credentials go, clearly, he's the man.

BTW, he's the Rodney Dangerfield of engineers as well: did you know that all VIPER engines are crap? That's right: junk bottom ends built with cheap, second-rate parts! Want proof? Give him your car for an afternoon and you'll need a tow truck to get it home, mister!

Incredibly, he and his buddies ("professionals", to you and me) can actually destroy a clutch and grenade your motor faster than you can say "IGNORAMUS" because that's what real test drivers are paid to do; only then can the weaknesses of the cheap VIPER V10 truly be exposed.

If it weren't for that pronouncement from 1BADGTS some time ago I'd still be driving my GEN IV like a race car with a factory warranty! Chuck, especially, was devastated at this news. I suspect he hasn't been back to the track more than once or twice a week since.
With one Viper purchased over a year period you are not qualifed to answer anything here .LOL i was DIRECTLY INVOLVED in this subject on hand (ALONG WITH RACING MY VARIOUS VIPERS )15 YEARS before you knew what a Viper was .ANYTIME you want to throw your personal resume on this subject up feel free as we will compare FACT FOR FACT as to qualifications .

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With one Viper purchased over a year period you are not qualifed to answer anything here .LOL i was DIRECTLY INVOLVED in this subject on hand (ALONG WITH RACING MY VARIOUS VIPERS )15 YEARS before you knew what a Viper was .ANYTIME you want to throw your personal resume on this subject up feel free as we will compare FACT FOR FACT as to qualifications .

I acknowledge that you've probably participated in the mindless destruction of more cars, including Vipers, than I ever will. As I inferred, when it comes to showing a car who's boss, you're the man!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know your not a racer (unless of coarse its BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER ),now we also know your your opinion on procuring cars for mag tests IS DEAD WRONG - WITHOUT ANY PRACTICAL FIRST HAND EXPERIANCE .McMullan Argus publishes ALL kinds of different car magazines (GM High Tech,Mopar Perf ect )besides Musc Must.(As a matter of fact as far as mag times go they hold the quickest published times recorded for a Gen 2 Viper Gen 4 Viper and i believe Ford GT ).Once again if iam wrong you should have absolutely no qualms in listing (in depth )your COMPLETE PERSONAL EXPERIANCES in this area.

Hey man, I hope you do realize that you are referring to people who live and "work" in the Detroit area. There's a good chance that many of these people are in the automotive industry AND there's a good chance that these people may even be intimately involved with Chrysler......

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the case, journalistic integrity would dictate you indicate this in the article. Yeah, we know you rub elbows with these special people, but do you sit in on the editorial meetings?
Warf what happens in alot of cases is for whatever reason the mag will ask for a car from marketing and theres simply not one available or something as crazy as weather comes into play. .Let me give you an example last year Mopar Perf was doing a photo shoot on an RT Challanger on the JERSEY SHORE .Two days before the car was due to arrive rain was forcasted for the day of the shoot and the day after .(The mags had block off two days only )Evan had to go to a personal source to procure the car to shoot the next day .In alot of cases with these magazines the writers -testers skedules are TOTALLY BOOKED weeks in advance,for whatever reason the tests sometimes MUST get done in the designated time blocks or its on to the next project .To put the entire thing in perspective a car mag editor TRAVELS hundreds of thousands of miles per year

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, I hope you do realize that you are referring to people who live and "work" in the Detroit area. There's a good chance that many of these people are in the automotive industry AND there's a good chance that these people may even be intimately involved with Chrysler......
Snake everything i have said here is the TRUTH .We were on a topic of why certain cars are left out of magazine tests.My reply was not an opinion but a fact predicated upon over 10 years of experiance with the above.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warf what happens in alot of cases is for whatever reason the mag will ask for a car from marketing and theres simply not one available or something as crazy as weather comes into play. .Let me give you an example last year Mopar Perf was doing a photo shoot on an RT Challanger on the JERSEY SHORE .Two days before the car was due to arrive rain was forcasted for the day of the shoot and the day after .(The mags had block off two days only )Evan had to go to a personal source to procure the car to shoot the next day .In alot of cases with these magazines the writers -testers skedules are TOTALLY BOOKED weeks in advance,for whatever reason the tests sometimes MUST get done in the designated time blocks or its on to the next project .To put the entire thing in perspective a car mag editor TRAVELS hundreds of thousands of miles per year

That still doesn't address my point that journalistic integrity should not allow them to title an article as such, leave out the obvious, and not briefly address it in a line or two. I've read plenty of articles where they initially state why they don't have this car or that car.

To sum up, you're just someone along for the ride observing their logistics. It's what's discussed in editorial meetings that's relevant here.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That still doesn't address my point that journalistic integrity should not allow them to title an article as such, leave out the obvious, and not briefly address it in a line or two. I've read plenty of articles where they initially state why they don't have this car or that car.

To sum up, you're just someone along for the ride observing their logistics. It's what's discussed in editorial meetings that's relevant here.
No,i cant speak for what goes on in the editorial meetings.As far as being along for the ride iam the guy who procures the cars needed for the tests when a PRIVATE SOURCE must be used .

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hav purtipated in Motor Trend Car of the Year testering. At soma locall in suddern californica, at sum fare gunds ware dey do al der testun. I have been in meatuns with the likes of Tony Swan (note how I can spell the names correctly), David E Davis an de lik. I knou u ma naught no dem, butt dey be in de mag busynesss. Dose maggz u mension ar basik unowns in de cur busyness. Capeesh.

You are out of your freaking league. Get a freaking dictionary and some common sense before spouting you are the "procurement" source for test cars. You may think that but you are wrong. There are staffs of people and fleets af cars for that specific purpose. No OEM would ever need or want a bad spelling, uneducated piece like you to front for them. Maybe these second rate magazines, but not a car company.

Last edited by a moderator:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK smart ass I will give you some of ure own medecine. In language and spelling you might be able to relate to.

I hav purtipated in Motor Trend Car of the Year testering. At soma locall in suddern californica, at sum fare gunds ware dey do al der testun. I have been in meatuns with the likes of Tony Swan (note how I can spell the names correctly), David E Davis an de lik. I knou u ma naught no dem, butt dey be in de mag busynesss. Dose maggz u mension ar basik unowns in de cur busyness. Capeesh.

You are out of your freaking league. Get a freaking dictionary and some common sense before spouting you are the "procurement" source for test cars. You may think that but you are wrong. There are staffs of people and fleets af cars for that specific purpose. No OEM would ever need or want a bad spelling, uneducated piece like you to front for them. Maybe these second rate magazines, but not a car company.
WHAT SPECIFIC cars did you procure during these tests .What specific tests were they. How were you involved .Its funny you CLAIM to be there but dont know the exact procedure for a mag to procure cars.Were you privy to ant PROTOTYPE testing if so name the prototype..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT SPECIFIC cars did you procure during these tests .What specific tests were they. How were you involved .Its funny you CLAIM to be there but dont know the exact procedure for a mag to procure cars.Were you privy to ant PROTOTYPE testing if so name the prototype..
Also NAME the specific VIPER EVENTS your VIPER HAS ENTERED IN AND WON .Also name the SPECIFIC road tests in any mag YOUR Viper has been INVOLVED IN.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snake everything i have said here is the TRUTH .We were on a topic of why certain cars are left out of magazine tests.My reply was not an opinion but a fact predicated upon over 10 years of experiance with the above.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also NAME the specific VIPER EVENTS your VIPER HAS ENTERED IN AND WON .Also name the SPECIFIC road tests in any mag YOUR Viper has been INVOLVED IN.

"Thunder in Sun Valley"

"Revelstoke Rally"

"So You Think You Know How To Drive?"

Were the 3 that I wrote and participated in that were published in Viper magazine. With lots of pics of mine and other West Coast Vipers. Both my car and self were pictured in Viper mag a few times.

Domestic Driver ezine has published more than a dozen issues with MY stories/features in them. Cars like Turbo Daytonas, Stealth R/T TTs and both of my Vipers. 2 more Viper stories are in the works for publishing as well.

I also wrote and was published in Classic Hot Rods and Musclecars mag. With my 440 Duster and my 440 GTX.

Many of us Dodge Viper guys wish Ford still made their Ultimate Ford GT - but they don't! Some Viper guys enjoyed the first few articles on the supercharged ZR1, but it seems that Viper people are different - they expect that the fastest car should win a "Track" test and not the 'el-cheapo' vette that lost ever test ... or the Mustang that lost every test to the vette.

:drive:

Ted

How many articles have your written?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Much as I like supercharged Mustangs, they really don't belong in the conversation with huge powered Independant suspensioned supercars. That was the job of the Ford GT. the Mustang is a Challenger SRT8 conversation.

Wonder what the GM and Ford have for competition with the Jeep SRT8?? Wonder if an Excalade would manage 11s? NOT. A Foose pickup go 11s? NOT. Different League of vehicles and not comaprable to a Jeep SRT8. They're comparable to the '09 Hemi Ram pickup. they'd win a C&D test because the Hemi only costs $30K while the Excalade is about $80K and Foose Ford pu is $50K. The new 09 Hemi is 390bhp which is 10 more than the Toyota supercharged 5.7L V8 pickup engine.

Any Mustangs look this good?

You must be registered for see images

Or this good?

You must be registered for see images

Of course not they look like the millions of Mustangs except for decals and stripes.

Ted

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You see we design them, build them and test them. So again tell me the exact procedure that you use to procure cars for MAJOR magazines.

As for prototypes I see them EVERY day. Got it! I recall the Viper prototype #1 (yeh, the fugly corvette based mule) back in 1989 or 1990. Where were you???

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Thunder in Sun Valley"

"Revelstoke Rally"

"So You Think You Know How To Drive?"

Were the 3 that I wrote and participated in that were published in Viper magazine. With lots of pics of mine and other West Coast Vipers. Both my car and self were pictured in Viper mag a few times.

Domestic Driver ezine has published more than a dozen issues with MY stories/features in them. Cars like Turbo Daytonas, Stealth R/T TTs and both of my Vipers. 2 more Viper stories are in the works for publishing as well.

I also wrote and was published in Classic Hot Rods and Musclecars mag. With my 440 Duster and my 440 GTX.

Many of us Dodge Viper guys wish Ford still made their Ultimate Ford GT - but they don't! Some Viper guys enjoyed the first few articles on the supercharged ZR1, but it seems that Viper people are different - they expect that the fastest car should win a "Track" test and not the 'el-cheapo' vette that lost ever test ... or the Mustang that lost every test to the vette.

:drive:

Ted

How many articles have your written?
WHO was referring to you in this thread as usual your delusional

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, ******* when you own the cars you do not have to procure them. You see we design them, build them and test them. So again tell me the exact procedure that you use to procure cars for MAJOR magazines.

As for prototypes I see them EVERY day. Got it! I recall the Viper prototype #1 (yeh, the fugly corvette based mule) back in 1989 or 1990. Where were you???
YOU own WHAT SPECIFIC CARS FOOL.Because you MAY work for a car company has nothing to DO WITH THE WAY A MAG procures cars for its testing procedures

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the dictionary. It means we PROVIDE the cars. And if you think that has nothing to do with how magazines have vehicles for their evaluations then you are indeed as stupid and hard headed as you appear. And it has nothing to do with testing procedures. Go back to kindergarten and study this time.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the dictionary. It means we PROVIDE the cars. And if you think that has nothing to do with how magazines have vehicles for their evaluations then you are indeed as stupid and hard headed as you appear. And it has nothing to do with testing procedures. Go back to kindergarten and study this time.
The MANUF PROVIDE cars WHEN they have them available .NO Mag gets every car they want every time they want and if you dont believe me put your money where your mouth is MR ENGINEER .(lETS SEE WHOS CORRECT HERE IAM CALLING YOU OUT)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32