Car apart to add factory style CD changer, Help??

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of adding the factory style 6 disk changer to my 95. I have the radio out and an Alpine 4913 adapter. I think I am just supposed to plug the RCA cables from the radio to the adapter and then hook the DIN cable between the adapter and the changer.

Am I correct that the din cable that comes out of the back of the stock radio does not need to be hooked up at all? Just plug the RCA cables together and reinstall the radio?

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the RCA's outputs or inputs? Most RCA's are oututs to be used with an amplifier. If that's what these are then you can not hook up your CD changer to them.

Bill

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Car Guy,
Why not plug the cables in and test it before putting it all together,thats what I did. I think you are right on how it goes together...When I get home I will look and see how mine is...
Cheers,

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by MOTOR602 that you could install one but after using the same parts he used on his 01 it was impossible. The problem is there is no output for it wires. Stunk after spending $400 bucks to find out it does not work.

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would try it out, but I'm a ******* and took the car apart before I had the changer. It will be here any day now. Just could not wait after I got the adapter. I want to button it back up so I can get a few more nice days in.

4355Alpine_4913.jpg

F355, GenI is different than GenII. GenI has plugs in the back of the radio from the factory. GenII takes an FM modulator. This should be about $200 and work like it came from the factory.

Scott, I'll owe you big time if you can take a peak at yours and let me know how to hook it up.

Thanks,

Keith

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car apart to add factory style CD changer, Help??

Now that I see the pic, just plug the 4913 rca's into the ones coming out of the radio, plug the 14 foot din into the 4913 din adapter then the other end into the changer and you are good to go. If I remeber correctly, the din in the back of the radio goes unused, however, I would wait for the changer to test before proceeding futher just to be safe.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Now that I see the pic, just plug the 4913 rca's into the ones coming out of the radio, plug the 14 foot din into the 4913 din adapter then the other end into the changer and you are good to go. If I remeber correctly, the din in the back of the radio goes unused, however, I would wait for the changer to test before proceeding futher just to be safe.

That sounds right to me too!!!
Cheers,

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get this thing working. Been driving around with a portable cd player with the cassette adapter thing. It goes flying all over the place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960