Car Nickname

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased a '95 RT/10 in September and it's now peacefully hibernating for the Winter. Just curious about a nickname for it. Used to have an Electra Glide that I called 'Bandit' because whenever I rode her, she stole all my time.

My wife named her Sporty 'Gayle', which means lively.

Not sure about the Viper though - after some pondering, keep coming back to the name 'Brutus' -
'cause it DOES have balls and a stick shift......

Anyone else have nicknames for their rides?:dunno:

Last edited:

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know why but I think cars should have girls name. Interesting question though..hmmmm

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I named mine "Spanker". This was also my original forum name here until Lee deemed it was too ***** for the site.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called my 94 "Red Viper", my 98 "Silver Viper", my 01 "Yellow Viper" and now my 03 "Gen 3 Viper". I am so damn creative I surprise myself... :lmao:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 58 Impala named "casper"--all white
40 Ford coupe street rod we called "big red"
39 Chevy street rod called "pinky" -- all pink.
Not very imaginative, but maybe you can refer to the color?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '02 ACR = Elvira (cause if Elvira Mistress of the Dark ever wore something other than black, it'd probably be Graphite Metallic and the GTS curves reminded me of her)

My SL500 Sport = Sadie

My BMW 750Li = Penelope, after Penelope Cruz....car is black (like her hair), loaded with options and such a refreshing drive...you can just sit there and it does all the work.

Next is either another Viper, a Hummer H1 and a Black Tie edition Prowler....I'm always thinking of appropriate names for each.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
R

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

One of my wife's favorite movies is 'The Jungle Book'. She suggested calling it 'Kaa' (after the python in the movie) and it also doubles as 'car' for those with an East Coast accent. :D Our other car is an older Cadillac which a friend of mine calls the 'Land Yacht' :)

Since she was so gracious to let me make the purchase to begin with, I think it's name is going to be Kaa! :2tu:

Oh, and she corrected me about 'Gayle', her bike's name - it means source of joy....:dunno:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kinda stuck finding a nickname for mine.
But I do agree that it should be a female name.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

One of my wife's favorite movies is 'The Jungle Book'. She suggested calling it 'Kaa' (after the python in the movie) and it also doubles as 'car' for those with an East Coast accent. :D Our other car is an older Cadillac which a friend of mine calls the 'Land Yacht' :)

Since she was so gracious to let me make the purchase to begin with, I think it's name is going to be Kaa! :2tu:

Oh, and she corrected me about 'Gayle', her bike's name - it means source of joy....:dunno:

Just let the name happen. Best way. Sometime you will be driving it and you will say "Oh, ****..." or "Damn..." or "This thing is just an ______". Just something will pop out and that will be the right name!

For instance, I have a friend that got real mad one night when he was bowling and took his shirt off in anger. He was the hairest guy anyone had ever seen and someone yelled out "Fur Curtain" at the sight of his chest. It stuck and his nickname has been "Fur Curtain" ever since. Just let it happen...:D

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i first got my 02 RT it was called LUCKY as i was lucky to get it.... But my daughter Shelby 4 at the time (now 6) has since renamed it "BUMBLE"

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CBR1000RR (sport bike) was named 'THE *****' because if you didn't treat her right (with respect), she would throw you to the ground and stomp on you. For my Viper, 'The Snake' seems to be fitting.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't given my 02 Graphite a name, the 01 Sapphire was called "Sapphire" (original huh) and my 09 Black/Red is named "Scarlet"

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my cars name is "geisha" pretty on the outside but oh so bad on the inside and knows how to put a smile on a man!