Car prep for driving events

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so we're supposed to go to Milan in the morning then Chelsea in the afternoon since we only have ONE day for driving events.

How the heck are we supposed to choose which event to prepare for? Do I put on drag radials for Milan and get banned at Chelsea for not having the proper tire? Or do I put on pilots and spin at Milan but be able to drive at Chelsea???:dunno:

This one day driving schedule really *****......:crazy2:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont expect a wildly open track event :)
You will have an instructor with you all time.
The track events will be hold in a highly controlled environment to minimize risk.
Just take your regular tires.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll enjoy the chelsea time, but I think I'll watch at the Milan event....I'd rather not break something.

Regards,
Aaron

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great Question! Remember, this is NOT the same 'driving school' as past VOIs.

Chelsea is NOT a race track. It does not have the same 'safety designs' as a full race facility.

IF, IF, IF, they operate the track event like the Petty SRT drive experience, we could see a "PACE CAR" format, also called "Lead-Follow", or "Pace 'n Chase" in training vernacular. STREET TIRES WILL BE AN EXCELLENT CHOICE for Chelsea.

Reaction score
PS2's will be fine for both, just adjust pressure accordingly and launch smartly.

Either way be sure to "prep" the car with fluids etc before coming to the track which ever one it is along with checking brake pad condition.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the BFG DRs at Carolina Motorsport Park and had a blast. I drove there and back and you just have to get used to them before going FAST.

Steve

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I'm wearing drag radials and just adjust the pressures at both events. At least Milan has an air pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456