Carrera Shocks--Solved My Problem!

Dr Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a set of Carrera shocks for the front of my 2000 RT/10. I needed to adjust my ride height but did not want to spend the $ on the factory adjustable shocks. Carrera supplied me with a set of coil overs for about 400.00/set compared to the factory 3200.00/set price. I received personal attention to all my questions and Ben Abernathy from Carrera took the time to put the shock package together that would meet my requirements. I only had to install them one time(hard to believe for me) and make one adjustment to hit my required ride height. I would recommend Carrera Shocks to anyone. Carrera Shocks is in Atlanta Ga. You can contact them at www.carrerashocks.com or call and ask for Ben Abernathy at 770-451-8811. You won't be disappointed with this company and their quality products!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting...So, these are adjustable right on the car, like the ACR shocks, ride height and dampening??? Can you get whatever spring rates you want???

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have the Carerra shock/coil overs on my 95 rt. Ben was extremely helpful in my set up. I called him on Tuesday and asked for a shorter front shock with 100lbs stiffer spring. Not a problem for them. These coil overs are infinitly adjustable for ride height, and the price/service is great. Aluminum body shocks and chrome springs. I originally posted about eight months ago that they were available for us. Give them a call. Ps- this is not an ad for Carerra-- I'm just pleased with them! John

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald--dampening is adjustable, but not easily. Mine are set at 50-50 right now. I believe the shocks must be removed to change this setting. Call Ben for the exact procedure. BTW-no spring compressor is needed to diassemble them. They provide two spanner wrenches to relieve the spring tension and the spring slips over the top mount after removing the upper cap. Just remember to measure ride height before installing these and always measure prior to changing either the spring or the shock. John

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mentioned that you must remove the shocks for dampening. Do you have to remove to adjust ride height?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pat, sorry for the delay in responding. Shocks do not need to be removed for this adjustment. It's very easily done. Loosen the locking spanner nut and then rotate the adjuting spanner nut down. Retighten locking spanner and you're done. Poser??? I only wish they could be seen through the wheels. John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas