Chat with Tommy Archer.....

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3R racing is cool with setting up a Chat session with Tommy Archer, for those of you who like to Chat, what night/s is/are best?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't do the chat thing but I'd like to hear his opinion of the race, the series and those d*mn Caddys. Can he post here?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to find out what happened at Sebring.

Did the Caddy folks protest Archer running just behind the Audi's and Lutz corperate millions of dollars they spent on their Caddys and their drivers.Something smelt fishey, with all the inspections on Archer's Viper after the race. Also two of the Caddy boys had their cell phones glued to their ears while watching the inspectors and reporting the imformation to someone. I wonder who they were talking to?

Congrats to Archer on 4th place .....

It is tough to compete against 10's of millions of dollars.....to bad Dodge wont put some serious money into something besides NASCAR.

Cudaman :usa:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that shortly after Dodge releases the street Coupe, they will again get into roadracing in a big way. LEMANS•LEMANS•LEMANS•LEMANS•LEMA...

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if GM spent millions, then DC spent thousands? I disagree...I attended many Viper Days races in the past and witnessed the testing DC did with Tommmy Archer in the Comp Coupe. If DC felt the Comp Coupe wasn't ready for competition, then they wouldn't release it correct? It was simply factory teams Vs Grassroots motorsports in this case. I will mention that Lou Gigliotti in his C5 mustered a pass on Tommy before something went awry on the C5. But, that is why it's called racing. I would like to know why the Viper was assesed an extra 200 Lb of ballast this year over last? Hopefully Tommy will shed some light on these questions and others!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if GM spent millions, then DC spent thousands? I disagree...I attended many Viper Days races in the past and witnessed the testing DC did with Tommmy Archer in the Comp Coupe. If DC felt the Comp Coupe wasn't ready for competition, then they wouldn't release it correct? It was simply factory teams Vs Grassroots motorsports in this case. I will mention that Lou Gigliotti in his C5 mustered a pass on Tommy before something went awry on the C5. But, that is why it's called racing. I would like to know why the Viper was assesed an extra 200 Lb of ballast this year over last? Hopefully Tommy will shed some light on these questions and others!

I agree & will add that the comp coupe isnt even a model available to the public. The Comp coup is NOT a grassroots level car, when I was @ the proving grounds in 2001 they told us the guy who developed the truck program was doing the initial work on the CC. I have to believe that all the motorsports program engineering brain trust are available to CC. Dodge just made it a profit center as opposed to stepping up & running an official factory team. If you believe the caddy got special treatment, what do you think D/C got last year, being able to run a concept car body style in a street based series?