CHEAP TURBO SETUP!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$375?? Wow! They are going to put Roe and Heffner out of business with deals like that. I'm buying 10 and since I don't believe in Viper tax, I will sell to everyone for a small markup of $1,000 each! No need to say thank you, you're welcome.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It uses 2.2 amps from your alternator when turned on and doesn't affect your car performance or battery drain. "

ahhh.. much relieved, I want to spend $360 on something that definitely wont affect my car performance. Because as we all know, mods should NOT increase performance.. lol.

Jon

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep laughing guys. There are enough ricers out there that will buy that piece of crap that the owner of the company will be able to buy as many Vipers as he wants.

DrDJ

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep laughing guys. There are enough ricers out there that will buy that piece of crap that the owner of the company will be able to buy as many Vipers as he wants.

DrDJ

Granted people are stupid, but not THAT stupid. I predict BUST. Which we will see if someone goes back in 6 months and checks that id for any satisfied customers, or as I suspect a no long active Ebay ID for all the negative feedback its going to get if anyone WAS that stupid to buy it.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Check out the grammar of this sentance-
It will be help your engine intake more air resulting in making less pressure on the engine itself, horsepower increase and improving gas mileage.

I'm convinced this guy is a scientist rocket , and I be able to buy 10 at such great price is be help me to make less power and be to relieve pressure in my wallet.

Bottom line, it doesn't have enough CFM for a Viper V10. I'm not sure, but its likely that a stock Viper V10 flows like 700+ CFM at redline.

250 CFM, like he is talking about, is like the flow rate of a large bathroom fan. Good for extracting farts, nothing more.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok check this out. I've got this idea! But I'm only gonna share it with a couple of guys here. I'm gonna get that 175 psi, 80 gallon tank off my compressor and strap it to the rear hatch. A high flow valve, 1" compressor lines and a fuel solenoid. You know, one shot pass. Oh and I forgot, the straps for the tank are quick release. That way you can launch it off the back of the car when your done, ya know, mass reduction. Ok, please don't let the cat out of the bag. I'm wrenchin right now. I'm gonna call it the "Compresso Blast 2000"

(Warning this product is for OFF HIGHWAY USE in California)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ok check this out. I've got this idea! But I'm only gonna share it with a couple of guys here. I'm gonna get that 175 psi, 80 gallon tank off my compressor and strap it to the rear hatch. A high flow valve, 1" compressor lines and a fuel solenoid. You know, one shot pass. Oh and I forgot, the straps for the tank are quick release. That way you can launch it off the back of the car when your done, ya know, mass reduction. Ok, please don't let the cat out of the bag. I'm wrenchin right now. I'm gonna call it the "Compresso Blast 2000"

(Warning this product is for OFF HIGHWAY USE in California)

LMAO!!! :D

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can buy a hair dryer at Walmart for a lot less money than the hair dryer in that auction. I just gotta find one I can strap a K&N filter onto and I'm good to go... :)

Santo

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Adding the electric supercharger will produce more then half of the power than a stock Audi 1.8T turbo would."

...what's wrong with this statement? So adding one would get less than the full power of a Stock Audi 1.8T. I love this guy! :D

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the wiring diagram? Designed by a child by the looks of it. Is it just me or does the switch ground out when it's in circuit? :crazy:

"technical" info here:
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/blowerinfo.asp

In the fine print it says 2psi, most people can produce that kind of presure with thier lungs.

As for Camfab's idea, as stupid as it sounds, it would work better than this thing (I'll let him be the first, though). :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the wiring diagram? Designed by a child by the looks of it. Is it just me or does the switch ground out when it's in circuit? :crazy:

"technical" info here:
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/blowerinfo.asp

In the fine print it says 2psi, most people can produce that kind of presure with thier lungs.

As for Camfab's idea, as stupid as it sounds, it would work better than this thing (I'll let him be the first, though). :2tu:

Heh heh, yeah, I didn't even notice that, but you're right, if you flipped that switch, it would put the positive side of the battery directly to ground. That wouldn't be pretty. Lets ask him to wire his car that way, and then demonstrate the switch action.

Also, he draws the fuse in an "open" position, almost like you would draw a normally open switch. The motor would never get any current flow, the way he shows it there. But even if it was drawn closed, the motor would run all the time, even with the ignition off. Totally non-sensical stuff, all around.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Here-I have fixed the doorbell from its dinging......-(pink panther)
The positive from the battery goes through the fuse, then the switch, powers the load, and then back to ground. Its as simple as a flashlight, with the three basic elements of power, switch, and load. At least this circuit would work, but doesn't address the CFM and PSI shortcomings of a 250 CFM blower.
blower_circuit.jpg

Here is what it was, before correction. Note the worst problem is that if you flipped the switch, the battery would be connected directly to ground, without even the benefit of a fuse for protection. Thats a direct short accross the battery, as ASP MAN pointed out. This would have put hundreds of amp hours of current carrying potential from the battery, through presumably 14 gauge wires, (although that isn't even spec'ed out), causing the wires to act like fuses, get hot instantly, and vaporize. This could have started a fire, and injured anyone with their face nearby. Even if the switch wasn't accross the battery, it still wouldn't work as drawn, because the fuse is shown open. And even if the fuse wasn't wired open, but closed, as it should be, the motor would run continuously, since the switch is accross the load, or in parallel, and not in series, as it must be to break the current flow. Lets just stop here! There is so much wrong with this drawing, its hard to know where to start with all its problems. Only a mental midget would design a circuit like this. That guy is not only a fool to imply his fart fan would work on a Viper, he is also dangerous, because he is leading people into trouble with his "funny" schematic. Steer clear of this guy!
idiotic_blower_circuit.jpg

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh, after all this I'm almost embarrassed to say I bought one. Hey, I can't resist a deal...and who knows, maybe it might work? :crazy:
Well thanks to all for the install help. I'll post once I get it all hooked up. :nana:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, after all this I'm almost embarrassed to say I bought one. Hey, I can't resist a deal...and who knows, maybe it might work? :crazy:
Well thanks to all for the install help. I'll post once I get it all hooked up. :nana:
What size engine are you putting it on? It might help a fairly small engine to breahe better.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best way for this to work would be to put the fan on the other side of the firewall aimed at your face, at least you'd have some impression of speed.

If, as it claims, it's not restricting airflow when not in operation, it may have a practical use after all. Have it blow cool air into the intake when the ignition is off, for a period of time. You could set it up to run with the radiator fan. Thoughts?

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one VERY important part missing from the diagram:
The "SHAFT"
LMAO :curse:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Mickey Thompson experimented with using pressurized air (tanks) instead of a supercharger on a dragster way back in the 60's or 70's

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"..Mickey Thompson experimented with using pressurized air (tanks) instead of a supercharger on a dragster way back in the 60's or 70's "

Yes, wasn't that a purely air powered car?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking if'n I bought four of them I could stage-up the boost? :ooo:

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking....again........if'n I bought the Vipair...would that promulgate the pronation of the electric turbo set-up? or would that just propagate the propitious effect of the proprietary propulsion??

Hmmm

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was thinking....again........if'n I bought the Vipair...would that promulgate the pronation of the electric turbo set-up? or would that just propagate the propitious effect of the proprietary propulsion??

Hmmm

LMAO!! smartazz! :D

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we could all bottle our farts and release them on demand into the intake - we'd have an instant power spike. To maintain it - we'd need to eat a lot of beans and wash it down with plenty of American beer

The whole concept depends on regular supply - so we'd need to carry around a fart tank day and night collecting each precious morsel - and saving our planet from greenhouse gases.

The idea falls apart when following thru however (like when sitting on the can) - as solids are not a great idea thru the intake. It won't help your mechanics sense of humor either unplugging a blocked valve with burned poop.

So how does one remove the unwanted contents without releasing the gas?

If we can fix this - we'll have a winner - we can patent it as a Viperclub Green House Special and donate all proceeds to Farters Annonymous - to support all husbandds sent by their desperate wives for rehab.

"I will fear no beer. I shall not fart when my wife is under the covers. I shall not fart when my wife is under the covers...."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang