Check Engine light, what is P1494 code?

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently threw a Check Engine light. Does anyone know what P1494 code is and what I need to do to correct it? Thanks.

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was the first thought. I checked the cap, it was on snug. I loosend the cap slowly and could hear a very loud sucking sound for a few seconds. That makes me think that the cap is sealed fine. Any other ideas? The web shows the following:

P1494 Leak Detection Pump Switch or Mechanical Fault (Chrysler, Jeep)

Is this a gas cap problem or is it something else?

Thanks

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's the code for driving like a granny. Drive faster!

I'm at work too so I can't check my manual, but I believe that is the leak detection pump code, which can be anything from the gas cap to something in the fuel system path that gets pressurized during this check.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the gas cap. Remove it and re-install it beyond the first few clicks. I usually count about five. Have the code cleared and wait a few weeks. I had the same code a while back and that's all I did. The code hasn't come back in six months.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P1494 - LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT . There is a service bulletin for certain years pertaining to this problem . Some cars will fill the vacuum line going to the LDP with oil , causing this dtc to trip .

- Chris

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris,
Thanks. Is this vaccum line something I can check and clear or do I need to take it into the dealer for service?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could probobly clear it and it won't show up for a while I don't think it will effect anything. It's an emmission thing. There might be a leak somewhere where the pump is at.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just about to say I had the same problem but I guess JiPi beat me to it. I removed my gas cap and replaced it. Then cleared the code (or maybe vice versa). Anyway, it went away and didn't come back. Give it a shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456