Check This Viper 2002 Rt Out

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look like it's been well cared for, but I think it's sporting a Ferrari price. :smirk: Although, I hope values are starting to stick, they were giving Gen II away not too long ago :dunno:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - I am with plum - a shame that "people" screw the car!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like she was well cared for. The one downside for me at least is that front plate holder. Looks like it's screwed into the fascia.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guy that put the plate holder CROOKED needs to be beat:bonker:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't know what's the fuss about the plate holder. It looks to me the frame follows the facia's contour and only bolted through the bottom .Easily removed and the two screw holes wouldn't show unless you's lie down on your back looking up :rolleyes:. You guys want a 5K pricedrop just for those two holes :rolaugh:.
Bunch of vultures :crazy2:

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found out that the plate holder is screwed in ....so there are two small holes in the front of the fascia

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what's the fuss about the plate holder. It looks to me the frame follows the facia's contour and only bolted through the bottom .Easily removed and the two screw holes wouldn't show unless you's lie down on your back looking up :rolleyes:. You guys want a 5K pricedrop just for those two holes :rolaugh:.
Bunch of vultures :crazy2:

Looks to me like there are also screws on the left and right side--right through the front fascia. If you took it off, there would be two holes staring right at you (along with the bottom ones you mentioned.

So, price to high to begin with -$5K, -1K to repair and paint the front fascia. Wait, that is still right at $40k for a gen 2 R/T 10... Stop, still too high... Many better deals out there.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks very clean from the pictures...and very stock. It will need new tires (no matter how many miles are on them, they are old and hard). It is priced a bit out of the current market. I purchased my 2001 RT/10 2-3 years ago (it was pristine, stock and also had 9K miles) and the asking price was $47K+. I didn't pay near that. Surely they will come down on the price. These low mile, pristine condition, stock GEN IIs are becoming harder and harder to find. It's probably worth $45K to somebody, but not most current viper owners. I'd consider it if it were priced to sell...say...$38K or so. I doubt that it would go for any less...IMHO. ;)

V

Venomiss

Call to ask and see if anyone locally knows the car.

Home Page

Also call Eddie Martin-he might know of that Viper too.

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to the guy that test drove the car and he said it drove very well and is clean all around inside and out. He did say that the AC unit produced very little air but the dealership would fix this. Also, he mentioned there is a very small crack in the paint where the screws mounted the license plate. You could barly see it. If your state requires front tags then it would not be noticed at all.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to the guy that test drove the car and he said it drove very well and is clean all around inside and out. He did say that the AC unit produced very little air but the dealership would fix this. Also, he mentioned there is a very small crack in the paint where the screws mounted the license plate. You could barly see it. If your state requires front tags then it would not be noticed at all.

If you need a second (or third) set of eyes on this thing, and are serious about it, let me know. I'll be out of town this week, but could look at it next weekend if you're serious. Let me know! :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing that I can add really, that looks like the factory front license plate bracket that came with my car...ugly!

I too think its priced too high, but taking off $10k might be a bit much.

Good luck!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, price to high to begin with -$5K, -1K to repair and paint the front fascia.

Also knock off $1,500-$1,750 for new tires. Those may be the original rock hard PS1's in the pictures. This Viper looks nice. Have a thorough inspection done by a qualified and experienced Viper tech. But I think anything over $35K for this Viper is too high. This is just my opinion and not based on anything profound.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point on the tires, Tony...I had to replace mine as soon as the car was delivered! Plus had Chuck change all the fluids, while doing a thorough check on the car.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate that shiny bs they spray all over the engine compartment. Especially when it's the stuff that dries like varnish and permanently destroys the factory finish.

Why is everyone here so eager to see values lowered, I don't get it? A 2002 RT with 9K is not waay overpriced at 45K. If everyone would stop selling these cars so cheap the prices would easily hold. It's not like a Vette where the market can't be controlled. I Think all Viper Club members should come together and create a pact to price fix. It's really not that hard, think Dodge dealers and Viper Tax.

Yes I'm kidding, well sort of.................................

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and if bernie says that.....the car is over priced. bernie only has solid, clean cars. and bernie is not known for being cheap.

walk away from this car and call bernie !

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also hope the prices stick, as to me all these cars are way underpriced and in years to come some people are going to be very happy they bought or held onto them and others real pissed they sold so cheap. but I have to say, just becasue of the plate mount screwed on, I'd look at something else.