Chrome the stock ACR rims ?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
O.K. .. I've got the 04 and the 01 side by side, It seems to me the BBS rims would look better chromed...Am I nuts...What do you think ?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better Chromed!
7328100852_9_060002ACR-med.jpg

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHROME THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously your car will look like the pic above...The only problem is that you will have a part time job keeping them looking perfect....I had an M3 with split 10 spoke chromes' and It honestly took me 15 minutes to simply get the dust off. But its worth IT!

Viper87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good chromed.....but personally i wouldn't chrome em becuase they are a handful to clean like teh poster above me said and me personally dont like chromed rims too much bling bling.. but ultimitaly its ur choice

Viper87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good chromed.....but personally i wouldn't chrome em becuase they are a handful to clean like the poster above me said and me personally dont like chromed rims, too much bling bling.. but ultimitaly its ur choice :nana:
-Mike :nana:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look fantastic chromed! I chromed the wheels on my ACR, and I'd certainly do it again! Go for it!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since thats my old car in the picture, and I'm the guy who got them chromed, let me tell you right now, the STOCK acr rims where MUCH harder to keep clean then the chrome ones. Think about that, the chrome is a lot harder to stick to, and embed in like paint is (stock ACR rims are painted and cleared).

And add weight ?? hahah.. the ACR rims already are about 8 lbs lighter then stock rims EACH. And the chroming ads AT MOST 1.5 lbs more per rim. How do i know? I weighed them before and after.

Do chrome, looks better, easier to clean, and even when you dont clean them, it takes a LOT more dirt to make them look bad, then stock rims.

My 2 cents.. as a chromer owner.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well, since thats my old car in the picture, and I'm the guy who got them chromed, let me tell you right now, the STOCK acr rims where MUCH harder to keep clean then the chrome ones. Think about that, the chrome is a lot harder to stick to, and embed in like paint is (stock ACR rims are painted and cleared).

And add weight ?? hahah.. the ACR rims already are about 8 lbs lighter then stock rims EACH. And the chroming ads AT MOST 1.5 lbs more per rim. How do i know? I weighed them before and after.

Do chrome, looks better, easier to clean, and even when you dont clean them, it takes a LOT more dirt to make them look bad, then stock rims.

My 2 cents.. as a chromer owner.

Like I said.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forget what the others are talking about in terms of "hard to keep chrome ACR wheels looking clean". PM me if you want some tips on keeping ACR (or any mesh wheel) wheels looking great all the time. In the pic above, my ACR has not been washed in over 3 weeks, and I drive it almost daily.

On a side note...........Even not using the easy method I use, by chroming them, your making the wheel EASIER to keep clean, not the other way around.

In addition, if your that worried about a few pounds. Jon, the previous owner weighed the ACR's before and after chroming. I think he said the difference was 1-2 pounds per wheel. :usa:

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn Jon.......I must have been typing while you posted. LOL! It's a good thing my memory was pretty good about one of your past 1000+ post's that I read in doing my research. My 1-2 pounds was right on!!! whew.....

:usa:

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the opions, both ya and na ....on a side note, how freaky is it to have your car in your garage sitting on blocks..and shipping the rims ?......Dave

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at how hot these are and the best feature is lower maintenance.

Photos compliments of (ViperJon 02 Viper GTS ACR)
7328acr2.jpg

PrimeTime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 Viper GTS ACR, where did you get your wheels chromed? How long did you have the car after you chromed the wheels? Any problems? I have a 2000 ACR and after seeing yours, I'm considering getting mine done.

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another vote for chromed. My previous car had HRE 540's chromed (mesh design,they looked awsome and were not difficult to maintain.

Brad

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chrome looks very nice. i think im going to do my 96 stock rims. where can i get them done in toronto. canada. a good quality place. anyone know?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had them chromed at California Chrome Rims, and I'm not the first to do it, I sent them there on recomendation from another viper owner. I was worried that they were going to be a little too urban for my taste, but quite honestly, everyone seems to love them. Even fellow viper owners claimed they would steal my thunder and get their ACRs cromed, because it looked so good. Then I explained, I would have two sets if they did it. ;) (if you get my drift).

Anyways, look it up, Califoria Crome rim, gets tons of positive feedback on here, and no negative.

Jon

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have BBS's on my 95. i chromed them a couple of years ago and would do it again. It is sub jective as to looks, but they are easier to keep clean no doubt. Dr. Bill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960