Clay bar problems HELP

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I had the exact same problem,recently.I removed the mess with isopropyl alcohol(available at any grocery store).I believe heat was the cause of the problem.Alcohol will remove Zaino or wax so you will have to start over.
Rick C. The Other Hemi Guy

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,

Don't use it in the sun and on a heated surface. You can get the stuff off by letting the surface cool in a shaded place, re-wet the area affected and go over with clay bar again.

NoPistons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car and the bar have to be at room temp. i did the same thing so dont feel bad
smile.gif

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, The clay bar should slide across the surface of your car much like a hockey puck does on the ice. If you feel the drag then the surface of your car is not wet enough. George at Zaino Bros. helped me with this. If you have any question call George, he knows all. Good luck!!!

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spray the clay bar itself on both sides as well as the paint surface. Then you will be sure not to beach the bar on a dry spot. This also helps to keep the bar from sticking to your hands.

webtrader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use and highly recommend the use of GRIOTS GARAGE products. They are excellent products and have NEVER caused me a problem.

Go to : www:griotsgarage.com

You can Email them for a FREE catalog also.

Enjoy!
supergrin.gif

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll probably have to use a small amount of orange citrus cleaner or wd-40 to remove the grease if the area is that big - just spray onto the rag and rub very gently. Getting that much off w/ a clay bar is probably hopeless now - clay bars do work great for smog fallout and very small tar streaks though so don't give up...

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used DAWN dish washing soap on the zaino clay bar right from the bottle, it works great! Then I washed the area off with water and re-waxed the area.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I found--

It's really a technique, and you get used to it.

Stretch the clay back and make a smooth tight clean surface.

Use the same detailer they gave you in the bottle. Dont press the bar hard till you KNOW it isn't going to stick. Then you can go as hard as you want.

If you get a clay smudge, don't worry about it. Spray it, clay it, and if it doesn't come off, wait.

When you're done claybaring the area, bust out the meguires wax.

It takes any remaining clay off in just a few wipes.

I have a theory that the clay sticks only where there is a really rough surface, so you should focus on those areas...