Cleaning the Undercarraige?

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have it up on a lift soon and I want to give my car a good cleaning.Any ideas on good cleaning products and brushes and tools? Just doing a basic once over cleaning.I'm a rookie.Not wanting to remove things off the car just yet.:omg:

Does a good oilspray help? The local places here use a hoist and say my car is too low to get it on...:dunno:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will have it up on a lift soon and I want to give my car a good cleaning.Any ideas on good cleaning products and brushes and tools? Just doing a basic once over cleaning.I'm a rookie.Not wanting to remove things off the car just yet.:omg:

Does a good oilspray help? The local places here use a hoist and say my car is too low to get it on...:dunno:

Jack up the rear of the car with a normal floor jack to fit the lifts arms under it.
Steam cleaning would probably be best, maybe some grease cutter. depends on how dirty it is, my rear main seal was bad for a while so I had alot of oil underneath.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spray nine works well just dont let it dry on there. and hen i use the same stuff as i use on the topside. followed up by the same wax

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spray nine works well just dont let it dry on there. and hen i use the same stuff as i use on the topside. followed up by the same wax

Viper Court: "You wax the underside?"

Plumcrazy: "Yes sir."

Viper Court: "You are guilty of the ultimate poser maintenance."

Plumcrazy: "What is my sentence?"

Viper Court: "You will be forced to park your car outside on a windy day for 5 minutes."

Plumcrazy: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If all the undercarriage has is loose oily film, get some cheap waterless hand cleaner and apply it to the belly with a paint brush; let set a while and hose it off.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every Fall I pull the wheels, clean out the suspension, floor, wheel houses, etc. If it's not real dirty underneath you could use Quick N Easy Wash to clean. I finally got around to Fall cleaning now and am using the wash mentioned, then Zaino's Clear Seal afterwards.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Court: "You wax the underside?"

Plumcrazy: "Yes sir."

Viper Court: "You are guilty of the ultimate poser maintenance."

Plumcrazy: "What is my sentence?"

Viper Court: "You will be forced to park your car outside on a windy day for 5 minutes."

Plumcrazy: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Better yet, his punishment should be a feature article in Viper Magazine on the procedures he uses to wax the undercarriage.:D

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 6-8K on it a year the car is driven as much as weather permits.But it is always kept clean.You guys must drive greasy dogs!!!Simple green soft brush, elbow grease and yes I Zaino every possible surface underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302