Club event at Harrison Hot Springs

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When: July 24, 25, 26th, 2009
Where: Harrison Hot Springs, B.C.
What: A couple drives, some sight seeing, good food and great friends.
An overall casual weekend at a world class destination in our own backyard!

Friday: Travel day. Staying at Harrison Hot Springs Hotel
British Columbia (BC) Resort | Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
bring BCAA, CAA membership for discount at check in. Book rooms at own discretion, but the main building has no a/c, the towers do, the east one is the newer of the two.
No events planned. Meet in the Islands Bar, the lounge in the hotel, for meet and greet 5PM on. (as guests arrive)

Saturday: Assemble in front of Hotel, fed, watered and fueled up, 8:30 ready to roll at 9:00 sharp. Just over an hours' travel along the scenic and dramatic #7 and #1 Fraser Canyon route.
from: Boston Bar, Fraser Valley A, BC to: harrison hot springs - Google Maps
Through historic Yale and the canyon tunnels to the Boston Bar area and the Hell's Gate Air Tram. Hell's Gate Airtram in the Fraser Canyon
For a quick lunch, we'll dine like the King at the "Elvis Rocks the Canyon Cafe"
Discover the Scenic Fraser Canyon! Elvis Rocks The Canyon Cafe
Return to Harrison around 2PM with free time for the rest of the afternoon, a perfect oportunity for those interested to take advantage of the natural hot springs (skinny dipping for females only) or a decadent treatment (Ted?) at the spa in the hotel.

Saturday evening: 7PM, cocktails followed by 8PM dinner reservations at Ravens in Harrison.

Sunday: Assemble in from of the hotel once more, 9:00 ready to roll for 9:30. A short trip up to Bridal Falls, then the Othello Tunnels near Hope.
Free time in the afternoon. Casual dinner for those who are staying Sunday nite, at 6PM at the...

Monday: Return home for those who stayed over.

Come one and all, it will be a memorable Viper time!:2tu:

Please let me know if you plan on attending, just send a PM, thanks!

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's certainly a beautiful area of the Mountains. I used to volunteer Ski Patrol at Hemlock Mountain more than a Decade ago. Used to 4x4 in that area when In was a kid. Awesome!

BCGE Union met there for a week for their anual General Meeeting and I was told that no one wanted to leave there, they had to be kicked out as the Hotel is not interested in Live-ins (unless you'd like a job? Apparently the Spa is a woman's haven and worth the money.

Looking forward to being there. Hopefully we'll get another article into Viper Magazine from BC.

Ted

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are in like flynn and booked!!!! Can't wait to get out in the Frazer Canyon. Coming from the Edmonton area means LOTTSSS of mountain driving.

Trevor and Terri

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in like flynn and booked!!!! Can't wait to get out in the Frazer Canyon. Coming from the Edmonton area means LOTTSSS of mountain driving.

Trevor and Terri

Trevor, you may want to co-ordinate with 1blueviper, he's coming from the same area.
Look forward to seeing you there!:2tu:

Ted, book early if you want to get into the spa:D

Greg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Waiting to find out if the wife can take the time off, too many employees have decided to take their holdiays this summer so she may be working.

You gonna be at the Mission show Greg?

I've got no use for the spa, car doesn't fit in there.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife has permission from our employees to have this weekend off. I booked rooms. $50 per night off - good deal Greg.

East Tower. We're supposed to bring our speedos? LOL, pool party?

See you there

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are booked !
Looking forward to this event ,after driving only 12 kms last year for gas and back ?
See you there !

Shall I see if Mission Raceway is open for the Hemi Viper Sat?

Ted

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted , I love that idea, mission is a great track ! not sure if we will be ready though , the tranny isnt back from Lenco yet and still need to build the new drive shaft and shifter mount .Hoping to get out with it in Aug. here in Edmonton , progress has been slow the last year or so ,thought Id have more free time this year but no such luck yet .

Darryl

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep goin on it. You've got a unique car and I'm sure that it's popular withe the fans.

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted , I love that idea, mission is a great track ! not sure if we will be ready though , the tranny isnt back from Lenco yet and still need to build the new drive shaft and shifter mount .Hoping to get out with it in Aug. here in Edmonton , progress has been slow the last year or so ,thought Id have more free time this year but no such luck yet .

Darryl

Post when you are going to be at the track. I would love to come up and watch.:2tu: Castrol I assume? Would make a nice cruise for some of us in Red Deer.:drive:

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post when you are going to be at the track. I would love to come up and watch.:2tu: Castrol I assume? Would make a nice cruise for some of us in Red Deer.:drive:
Dont pack yet , But will let you know when forsure !
If the Reddeer crew wants a reason to come up here I would still like to host a dyno day one weekend ( no charge ) followed by a bbq ,I know Shane said hes up for it .

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. If I can make it I sure will. Do you want to post on Red Deer.....or One Weekend a Month? Maybe start your own thread?:dunno:
Ron

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the updated plan for Harrison, we're getting close to the date, make sure to let me know if you plan on attending!

When: July 24, 25, 26th, 2009
Where: Harrison Hot Springs, B.C.
What: A couple drives, some sight seeing, good food and great friends.
An overall casual weekend at a world class destination in our own backyard!

Friday: Travel day. Staying at Harrison Hot Springs Hotel
British Columbia (BC) Resort | Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
bring BCAA, CAA membership for discount at check in. Book rooms at own discretion, but the main building has no a/c, the towers do, the east one is the newer of the two.
No events planned. Meet in the Islands Bar, the lounge in the hotel, for meet and greet 5PM on. (as guests arrive)

Saturday: Assemble in front of Hotel, fed, watered and fueled up, 8:30 ready to roll at 9:00 sharp. Just over an hours' travel along the scenic and dramatic #7 and #1 Fraser Canyon route.
from: Boston Bar, Fraser Valley A, BC to: harrison hot springs - Google Maps
Through historic Yale and the canyon tunnels to the Boston Bar area and the Hell's Gate Air Tram. Hell's Gate Airtram in the Fraser Canyon
For a quick lunch, we'll dine like the King at the "Elvis Rocks the Canyon Cafe"
Discover the Scenic Fraser Canyon! Elvis Rocks The Canyon Cafe
Return to Harrison around 2PM with free time for the rest of the afternoon, a perfect oportunity for those interested to take advantage of the natural hot springs (skinny dipping for females only) or a decadent treatment (Ted?) at the spa in the hotel.

Saturday evening: 7PM, cocktails followed by 8PM dinner reservations at Ravens in Harrison.

Sunday: Assemble in from of the hotel once more, 9:00 ready to roll for 9:30. A short trip up to Stave Falls, then we'll tour the powerhouse there which is apx 45 mins.
Following the tour we'll head to Dakotas in nearby Chilliwack for lunch at arount 1PM.
A garage tour in Chilliwack after lunch, with good photo ops. From then on, members will be on their own, those returning home may bid farewell at this point.

Come one and all, it will be a memorable Viper time!:2tu:

Please let me know if you plan on attending, just send a PM or email, thanks!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Watchin' 300 hectare Forest Fire on TV tonight. Highway closed at Kelowna and 10,000 people evacuated.

Better watch that it's not closing the highway for next weekend Harrison event. I'll post if it looks to be a problem for Alberta travellers.

Ted

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, I'm right in between the two fires. I think the hwy is closed due mainly to smoke, and also to allow emerg. vehicles easy access. The winds last night didn't help matters, as the air support was grounded until daylight, for some reason.
Looks a bit too much like So.Cal right now. pics: Gregory D. Weflen's Photos - Fire | Facebook

Event will go ahead as planned, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Between the two fires"? Must be hot there. I feel for yah.

I've lived through 2 Forest Fires that came within 20 miles of my home and wish you the best.

TV news said the fire 'jumped the highway' last night. Seems you've got power?

I only posted this to alert travellers that they may need to take a different route to get to Harrison.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Home!

You must be registered for see images

Interesting spread of Vipers. 5 - (3of SSG) Gen 4s, 5 - Gen 3s, 2 Gen2 GTSs and 1 Gen 1 Viper. From these nimbers it's looking good for future Viper sales. Hotel\s view at 7am on Saturday morning when I went outside to wipe down my car.

Everyone had a great time. We were joined by a few non-members. The family that Vipers together stays together :).

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I managed to add another 1250 miles this trip.

The only car probelms experienced were when my MSD Fuel Pump Voltage Booster fuse burned up at WOT when I thought I had gotten the tune good. Crapping out and stalled so over to the side I coasted. One of our members offered me a Leatherman and I had a partsrack Viperknife in my glovebox so I cut away the melted fuseholder and inserted a new fuse. I didn't use WOT, but I drove another 600miles with no further problems. Larry Macedo (M2 Motorsports) informed me that the MSD fuse holders did fail and I should be fine if I just replaced the fuse holder with a better one, Thanks Larry! It sure is good to have a High Volume guy like Larry available for advice.

The Fraser Canyon is built for our cars with tight corners and a twisty mountain road. Following the Fraser River along it's tortured path throughout the mountains it goes right, left, up and down. There is even a section North of Lytton that has a few 28mph corners, then a long steep 2 laner that does a tight turn under the railway tracks at the bottom. The highway enters a close, narrow cement barricaded section of highway with an 8mph corner called the "Snake Pit". One of my friends crashed a Mako shark vette there at 57mph while I've been throught there in my GTS at 60mph with no effort and no bouncing off the walls. Scenery and mountain views are perhaps the most unique in North America.

There are many tunnels for the highway to cut through parts of the mountain. Thousands of Chinese immigrants worked to build Railways and our little highway through the Fraser Canyon. It is spectacular.

We drove some of the roads dividing city and Mountains outside Mission (which is a suburb of Vancouver.

While Deana and I were cruising down Highway 1 my SRX radar detector did tell me that I had been hit with radar while at a speed of 84mph ... twice. Once heading down to Harrison and once heading home. No ticket was amazing. I mentioned that to my cousin and he said that the cops wer probably his neighbors and they knew me through him. Wow, immunity here an there!!! I love it.

And I have the urge to post a pic along highway 20. This is our straightest section of highway and this 2 lane is at 5600' of altitude. My place is past the last set of Mountains and to their right. Still 115 miles left to get home

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW...Very nice.How long would it take for me to get there from Florida?:dunno::D

I drove my Viper from Dayton Ohio to the Kelowna border crossing in about 2 days.

With a half dozen VCA Washington guys we made it a relaxed holiday and drove to Detroit, Mich. in 10 hr. daily drives. Stopped at Museums, Crazy Horse memorial, Devil's Tooth and Mount Rushmore on our way back and took an extra day or so coming home (the Toruist thing).

I drove my old F150 from here to Sedona Arizona in 2 days as well. You're probably another 2 days farther?

Wife and I flew to Ohare and rented a Kia, then drove to Ringgold, Georgia. Checked out a couple Vipers and drove back to Pekin Ill. Bought my 98 GTS there and returned the Kia back to Ohare airport. I DON'T recommend renting a Kia for long drives.

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62