Clutch Question?

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just brought my 04 Srt-10 into the dealer yesterday because I thought the clutch needs to be adjusted? The clutch pedal comes out approx. 1/2 way before ingageing? :confused:

My Viper tech told me that since it's a hydrolic clutch it's self adjusting. He suggested that maybe there is an aftermarket part that I can get?

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem?

Scott :usa:

04 SRT-10 Red
03 BMW 530i
66 Ford Mustang Convertable

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that having it close to the floor feels right, but when you want to sprint thru a few gears, and it's close to the floor you would hate it. Believe me on this, I had it both ways, and anyone that gets into hot roding will do what ever it takes to change it. After a while you will grow to like it like this even if your not into aggresive driving. It's kind of nice not to have to go all the way down on the clutch to change gears. I don't even know how you would change it, but the guys on LS1.com go on endlessly on how to raise the disengagement point to where you now have it. I'm having the problem of low disengagement now, and when your racing it seems to take for ever to get to the floor to shift it, causes your timing on shifts to be terrible. The new trick clutch set up on the market is the Exceedy. They claim a light push of a couple inches and your ready to shift. I'd love that, but couldn't wait two months, as they were back ordered.

Skip White

OP
OP
F

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. This is my first proformance car and it just did not seem right? But what you said makes alot of sense.

Thanks again for the info.

Scott :)

04 SRT-10 Red
03 BMW 530i
66 Ford Mustang Convertable

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

I felt the same way when I picked mine up, it just didn't feel heavy enough either. Skip is right about the engagement point, you'll get accustomed to it and like it. Also, these OE clutches "feel" much lighter than the actual clamping power they afford, according the guys I've spoken with. Apparently, some of the older folks buying Vipers wanted a lighter "feeling" clutch, at least according to DC's research.

Enjoy the car.

Dan

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the way hydralic clutches are. Knowing this sure beats going to after market--with all the problems of install, balancing etc