Clutch time

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car had 10,000mi with some mods (rockers, Roe, exhaust) and was drag raced and driven hard. When the pistons went in at 10,000mi. the car went to 700rwhp and wsa drag raced some more, eventually on BFG DR. The stock clutch was replaced at 20,000mi. I've put another 9,000mi of highway driving on it and haven't even had to adjust the pedal.

When you need to change the clutch I'd recommend installing one rated for your hp and driving style/useage.

Ted

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car had 10,000mi with some mods (rockers, Roe, exhaust) and was drag raced and driven hard. When the pistons went in at 10,000mi. the car went to 700rwhp and wsa drag raced some more, eventually on BFG DR. The stock clutch was replaced at 20,000mi. I've put another 9,000mi of highway driving on it and haven't even had to adjust the pedal.

When you need to change the clutch I'd recommend installing one rated for your hp and driving style/useage.

Ted
Wait, so you to got 20k miles on a stock clutch pushing big HP? :confused: Then another 9k with zero issues and more beatings you say? :dunno:

See that Dave, another guy that politely told you your wrong. Dave, what are you good at? Besides eating crow, of course:rolaugh:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

By King Tut:

"Depending on how often you do DR passes, that is clearly the reason for your premature clutch failures. 1.4 60's are too much for the factory clutch to hold time and time again."

Soooooooooo, our fellow Viper owner looking for advice on clutches now has a decision to make:

--> Slow down.

--> Ditch stock clutch for something stronger.

Hey, as King Cheese Nugget clearly points out, I'm no Rocket Scientist, but I bet HE DOESN'T WANT TO SLOW DOWN!!!

He'll get a stronger clutch, improve his times, and your business about 900 hp cars will get filed.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dumb dumb, before you started your legacy of retardation here, let us back track a tad. The gentleman that started this thread never mentioned the drag radial passes in the opening post. That info came later. I stand by all my recommendations given on the stock clutch, and especially the one about you being mentally challenged. Drain your drool cup Dave.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave has his mind made up to hurl insults instead of listening to other Viper owners. I am still shocked on how he could post so much in such a short time with limited knowledge and then get defensive.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb dumb, before you started your legacy of retardation here, let us back track a tad. The gentleman that started this thread never mentioned the drag radial passes in the opening post. That info came later. I stand by all my recommendations given on the stock clutch, and especially the one about you being mentally challenged. Drain your drool cup Dave.

Which is why I gave a generic response. 900 hp with my grandma driving the stock clutch would be fine. 900 hp at the drag strip can be bad on a stock clutch. So the 600 hp # that I offered was based on the very limited info the guy that started this thread gave.

And then I met you.

It will be interesting to see if a stock clutch is put back in his car.

King.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wait, so you to got 20k miles on a stock clutch pushing big HP? :confused: Then another 9k with zero issues and more beatings you say? :dunno:

See that Dave, another guy that politely told you your wrong. Dave, what are you good at? Besides eating crow, of course:rolaugh:

Actually, I didn't say anyone was wrong. I just stated history of my car and my advice.

Everyon is different and each car is different. What works for some, doesn't necessarily work for all.

Ted

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to try reading this thread instead of looking at the pretty pictures. :rolleyes:

Where was the pretty pictures? Guess your right I should go back and read the thread because I missed those. BRB, Umh I did, and still didn't see the pretty pic's so what is your point? I'm just watching this thread for who is out whitting or insulting who. Dave's winning hands down. I'll worry about my clutch when and if I ever burn it up with my 650+ RWWP car. And when I do a stock clutch isn't going back in. They were not made for it. I know my 650+ plus is small potato's for these 1,000+ kings in this thread but what kind of power are you putting down there anyway Radta?

G

grcforce327

I put 25,000 miles on the original clutch and replaced it with a stock clutch and have had zero problems. I see Dave averages 400+ posts a months(I won't comment on that). It is obvious Dave knows more then Doug & Jason(DLM-Heffner) with his research. Too bad all he does is chat and has no real world experience. I will not call Doug anymore for advice or upgrades, I want Daves number:lmao:

Tell us more Dave....

On the money Rich!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

G

grcforce327

Dave has his mind made up to hurl insults instead of listening to other Viper owners. I am still shocked on how he could post so much in such a short time with limited knowledge and then get defensive.

Yet Again Rich!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which is why I gave a generic response. 900 hp with my grandma driving the stock clutch would be fine. 900 hp at the drag strip can be bad on a stock clutch. So the 600 hp # that I offered was based on the very limited info the guy that started this thread gave.

And then I met you.

It will be interesting to see if a stock clutch is put back in his car.

King.
One last time for your peanut sized brain Davie. Richie holds the WORLD VIPER RECORD FOR AN SRT USING A BLOWER ON STREET TIRES @ 10.4. This was done on a car with a stock clutch with over 20k miles on it at the time and just over 920 RWHP. Yeah Dave, sounds like a grandma pass to me too:rolleyes: . In fact I believe Richie made about 4-5 passes that day and all were within a tenth or 2 tops of the record pass so he sure ***** at driving fast. :lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hail::hail::hail: to who ever Rich is, I'm impressed, not

Gotta go with you on this one Fast T.

But a quick intermission... Remember Pat from Saturday Night Live? We never knew if Pat was M or F?

OK, back to regularly scheduled programming!

So if Rich is a man, a man of the clutch, a pedal pushing Rich kind of man, I really want him to give me some advice. That's right. I want some advice from Rich.

Or is it Richie? :omg:

:firedev::firedev::firedev::firedev::firedev: :firedev:

:panic:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just heard that the fat, dumb, myopic, knuckle dragging Mike Moore (he'll lick any democrat all over) movie doe ass is going to make a documentary of this thread!!!!!!! It's called "Clash of the Giant Egos". I think Dave is funny btw, but how in the hell has he passed me in posts????? :)

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry guys. I was just looking for some more info on clutches for slightly modified cars. I think the information here fits in with all the others I've read.

Stock- Is a good clutch but falls short
Others - nobody cares for

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry guys. I was just looking for some more info on clutches for slightly modified cars. I think the information here fits in with all the others I've read.

Stock- Is a good clutch but falls short
Others - nobody cares for

I actually thought for a second I was on the other forum. :D

So, which one are you going with Brad? After a few hundred miles, let me know how you like it or don't like.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this can say civil long enough to be constructive again.

I stand by my original comment. If you want normal clutch life based on normal driving conditions, that is my generic opinion.

I do not discount v10kingsnake's experience with the 900hp car, nor the comment about Chuck Tator keeping it to 750hp.

Important note here is that based on everything about you and your car, you are not satisfied with your clutch life, which is the OEM clutch. I think that's why you started this thread.

So if you yourself aren't going to change, and there is no other mechanical problem or previous installation issues with your car, I'm sorry, but the list has now been whittled down to the clutch. I'm assuming that there will not be a magical improvement by doing nothing.

v10kingsnake claimed that your drag times were to quick. I will not argue that, as I am not an expert in drag racing. The sport does not interest me. So as I said before, are you going to slow down? Stop racing? Likely you want to go faster.

My recommendation short of some more constructive input from others here, is to talk to suppliers like Parts Rack, Tator's Dodge, Roe, DC etc. There will be no bashing or name calling at those places. You will get technical advise and prices.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4