Clutch time

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used the Search. I'm on my second stock clutch, didn't last a year, 661 rwhp 697 rwtq . Try stock one more time or go with Centerforce or Spec ????

TIA

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the cost of a RPS cluctch compared to a spec ?

and benefits of either one ?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still have it, but installed the RPS (bought 2 of them). I want to use the Spec 3+ for the Upcoming turbo project. :D :D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the Search. I'm on my second stock clutch, didn't last a year, 661 rwhp 697 rwtq . Try stock one more time or go with Centerforce or Spec ????

TIA

I think you've exceeded the usefulness of the stock clutch hp range, from some previous research I've done. Up to 600 was kind of a turning point of sorts.

Sounds like you're on track though.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 25,000 miles on the original clutch and replaced it with a stock clutch and have had zero problems. I see Dave averages 400+ posts a months(I won't comment on that). It is obvious Dave knows more then Doug & Jason(DLM-Heffner) with his research. Too bad all he does is chat and has no real world experience. I will not call Doug anymore for advice or upgrades, I want Daves number:lmao:

Tell us more Dave....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 25,000 miles on the original clutch and replaced it with a stock clutch and have had zero problems. I see Dave averages 400+ posts a months(I won't comment on that). It is obvious Dave knows more then Doug & Jason(DLM-Heffner) with his research. Too bad all he does is chat and has no real world experience. I will not call Doug anymore for advice or upgrades, I want Daves number:lmao:

Tell us more Dave....

Wow. An invitation to post!

I am curious, oh great Richie Wan Knobie, where I claimed to know anything more than anybody else here?

If you would not read my posts like this
You must be registered for see images
then you would not have to seem so stupid to those that do know I didn't show up on planet earth yesterday.

Of course, all news to you, because oxygen is scarce the way you like to live.

Thank you for the opportunity to post again.

If you reply to this, I will honor you with more of my technically baseless ranting.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you've exceeded the usefulness of the stock clutch hp range, from some previous research I've done. Up to 600 was kind of a turning point of sorts.

Sounds like you're on track though.
You know Dave, I have zero insight on where or how you come up with your information but I do know Richie and his 900+ rwhp car quite good and am also aware of the miles he has SUCCESSFULLY logged on that car using the stock clutch. Richie has competed at many cruise nights consisting of MANY MANY spirited street blasts, numerous back street videos done with Gary Javo (can be seen on youtube), and has participated in the Bradenton race for the last several years (all on his DLM SRT running the same stock clutch). He is the current world record holder for a Dodge Viper (supercharged) ET holder on street tires in the 1320 so his qualifications on clutch advice can be deemed "relevant".

Since we now ALL know where Richie is coming from regarding his REAL LIFE experience with the stock unit can you please educate the rest of the masses on where your info lies OTHER than heresay of course. Lastly Dave, wouldn't you at least recommend that you replace the stock unit AFTER it fails? I bet Richie first thought this way but after having so much luck on the first clutch would you expect him to not put in another?

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know Dave, I have zero insight on where or how you come up with your information but I do know Richie and his 900+ rwhp car quite good and am also aware of the miles he has SUCCESSFULLY logged on that car using the stock clutch. Richie has competed at many cruise nights consisting of MANY MANY spirited street blasts, numerous back street videos done with Gary Javo (can be seen on youtube), and has participated in the Bradenton race for the last several years (all on his DLM SRT running the same stock clutch). He is the current world record holder for a Dodge Viper (supercharged) ET holder on street tires in the 1320 so his qualifications on clutch advice can be deemed "relevant".

Since we now ALL know where Richie is coming from regarding his REAL LIFE experience with the stock unit can you please educate the rest of the masses on where your info lies OTHER than heresay of course. Lastly Dave, wouldn't you at least recommend that you replace the stock unit AFTER it fails? I bet Richie first thought this way but after having so much luck on the first clutch would you expect him to not put in another?

Exactly. I could have swore in the past someone actually posted what the stck clutches could take and it was a VERY high HP number. Look how many passes Richie has at the dragstrip and some of the "spirited" driving he does. What's the argument? :omg:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to beat someone with 500 posts a month. You win.

Stop. Please stop. I'm tired of talking to you.

Great news though.

I've got a bookmark folder that I keep forum experts in. It is structured based on just one criteria: How many posts per month.

It goes like this:

Stupid people.

Average people.

Viper Forum GODS.

Sorry Richie Von Whatever, had to put you in the stupid folder. Not enough post count to even be average.

And I am a Forum GOD of course.

On a more serious note, I read most every post here and that enables me to form an opinion on many subjects. I posted my opinion on this thread. Otherwise, just KMA.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am really enthused that you have no clue as to where my information comes from. Because it comes from here. Which means you are basing your opinion on one single car. The difference is that I read every post and form my opinions based on everyone's experiences.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now y-all can see my dilemma. data supports trying stock clutch one more time.

Votes so far
stock 2
Spec 0
Centerforce 0

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now y-all can see my dilemma. data supports trying stock clutch one more time.

Votes so far
stock 2
Spec 0
Centerforce 0

If you are really chewing up clutches in a hurry - faster than those that say they will take 900hp - you might want to check your input shaft and flywheel.

A bent input shaft would likely cause vibration, as would a warped or grooved flywheel, but the next thought would have to be learn how to drive. I'll be more respectful than that, and let some of the others be the dick.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are really chewing up clutches in a hurry - faster than those that say they will take 900hp - you might want to check your input shaft and flywheel.

A bent input shaft would likely cause vibration, as would a warped or grooved flywheel, but the next thought would have to be learn how to drive. I'll be more respectful than that, and let some of the others be the dick.
Funny you make mention of obtaining your knowledge from people on this forum Dave. How many on this forum run 900+ rwhp cars that your getting your info from? Lets narrow it down a little more now Dave. How many people in THIS thread have 900+ rwhp cars? Here's a hint dummy it is more than 1:rolaugh: . You happen to not be the "other" one so your opinion is BS. You are the only advocate for this guy asking a clutch question for him to spend money on a part not needed. Are you going to treat him to the expense of it as well? There's a little saying around internet forum boards that I am surprised a man with such extensive knowledge such as yourself hasn't read yet. READ MORE AND POST LESS. :lmao: It is clear that you have no idea what it is you are talking about Dave.

The stock clutch can handle quite a bit of power using street tires= FACT
You will need to upgrade to a stronger unit when you plan on running sticky tires=FACT
Dave has no idea what he is talking about regarding a clutch=FACT
Dave burns up clutches because he can't drive=FACT
Dave will post 5000 times more in the next 6 months=FACT:rolaugh:
1000 of those posts will be Dave trying to convince us that he knows something=FACT.

Goodbye Dave. It has been a pleasure making you look like a fool. :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you make mention of obtaining your knowledge from people on this forum Dave. How many on this forum run 900+ rwhp cars that your getting your info from? Lets narrow it down a little more now Dave. How many people in THIS thread have 900+ rwhp cars? Here's a hint dummy it is more than 1:rolaugh: . You happen to not be the "other" one so your opinion is BS. You are the only advocate for this guy asking a clutch question for him to spend money on a part not needed. Are you going to treat him to the expense of it as well? There's a little saying around internet forum boards that I am surprised a man with such extensive knowledge such as yourself hasn't read yet. READ MORE AND POST LESS. :lmao: It is clear that you have no idea what it is you are talking about Dave.

The stock clutch can handle quite a bit of power using street tires= FACT
You will need to upgrade to a stronger unit when you plan on running sticky tires=FACT
Dave has no idea what he is talking about regarding a clutch=FACT
Dave burns up clutches because he can't drive=FACT
Dave will post 5000 times more in the next 6 months=FACT:rolaugh:
1000 of those posts will be Dave trying to convince us that he knows something=FACT.

Goodbye Dave. It has been a pleasure making you look like a fool. :2tu:

I love your flattery. I know, you are stalking me.

And yes, if he finds his input shaft bent and flywheel warped or grooved, we'll all show up at your house to do it! On my dime! If you don't have the tools or lift, I pay! And buy the parts too!

Just like you said. I know nothing and you know everything. But I'm buying, so it is cool King Snot Rag.

And it's not goodbye, but see you soon!

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an RPS clutch and flywheel combo. Held pretty good with the ntirous set up (600 + rwhp, 800 + torque), and holding up well with my current TT set up (800 + rwhp and rwtorque).

PN # of the clutch (max series with pro pressure plate): MS-23048-EC-PRO

PN # flywheel (CYN-R-G Segmented flywheel): BF-05088

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an RPS clutch and flywheel combo. Held pretty good with the ntirous set up (600 + rwhp, 800 + torque), and holding up well with my current TT set up (800 + rwhp and rwtorque).

PN # of the clutch (max series with pro pressure plate): MS-23048-EC-PRO

PN # flywheel (CYN-R-G Segmented flywheel): BF-05088

Alan last time we talk I thought you were going with a ROE. Good to hear you stepped up to the TT

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dave. I can get 1.6x 60' times on pilots and 1.4x on BFG D/R's . I think I can drive

Last edited:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love your flattery. I know, you are stalking me.

And yes, if he finds his input shaft bent and flywheel warped or grooved, we'll all show up at your house to do it! On my dime! If you don't have the tools or lift, I pay! And buy the parts too!

Just like you said. I know nothing and you know everything. But I'm buying, so it is cool King Snot Rag.

And it's not goodbye, but see you soon!
Thanks for confirming publicly what everyone in this thread knows privately. You are an idiot and the first step to getting the help you need is acknowledging your short comings. Follow my posts and you may increase your intellect from reading more. :lmao: :rolaugh:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave. I can get 1.6x 60' times on pilots and 1.4x on BFG D/R's . I think I can drive
Depending on how often you do DR passes, that is clearly the reason for your premature clutch failures. 1.4 60's are too much for the factory clutch to hold time and time again.

And please don't mind Dave, he recently discovered how dumb he actually is. ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on how often you do DR passes, that is clearly the reason for your premature clutch failures. 1.4 60's are too much for the factory clutch to hold time and time again.

And please don't mind Dave, he recently discovered how dumb he actually is. ;)

OK, King Tire Changer, you are OFF my holiday greeting card list! No more Santa and his Elves posing by your Corvette in the snow. Those cards were the cutest! NO MORE!!!

From now on, your toilets will overflow every Spring until Memorial day! Your tape deck will eat all of your favorite Betamax tapes! Records will skip when you need your music the most!

I'm so relaxed.

I think I'll call Jon B and order another $5000 worth of parts for my car that it doesn't need.