Cockpit heat??

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:newbie: Hey guys and gals im new to all of this but i have heard that the cockpit of the car gets very warm in the summer even with the a/c on. What can i do to combat this problem if i wish to??

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a dreadful defect in an otherwise splendid car. If the ac is not on, the vent blows hot air in.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
READ THE MANUAL

200711_perdido-avion.jpg

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:newbie: Hey guys and gals im new to all of this but i have heard that the cockpit of the car gets very warm in the summer even with the a/c on. What can i do to combat this problem if i wish to??

Get rid of the cats and the cross-over pipes. Makes a world of difference. I had the same problem and that was the cure. Now very comfortable even in FLA summer.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the previous poster noted, I changed to a Corsa Track exhaust, keeps the stock cats with no major changes except getting rid of the exhaust criss-crossing under the cockpit. I got some nice exhaust tone, a few ponies, & the cockpit is way cooler - to the point I felt no need to try anything further for cooling.

There are some insulation kits out there by vendors on this site which are reportedly very effective. I was going to get one, but the exhaust change was enough for me.

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tator just put the Corsa cat back and the heat insulation . The **** pit is way cooler and the side sills never get hot . I am very happy .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4