Convertible rattle

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has a 2008 convertible it has a rattle you can hear only when the top is up. It is coming from behind the passengers seat and it does not do it all the time . Has anyone else had this problem?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've noticed my passenger seat belt buckle will rattle between the seat and the rear plastic trim panel when it's off to the side of the seat. You should be able to hear it with the top down as well, but the wind noise might be enough to drown it out some. Was driving me crazy this morning on the way to work and remembered that it's done that before. I just pull it over the shoulder bolster so it rests on the seat instead of beside it.

Might just try popping the cover plate off behind the seat to see if anything is obviously loose that you can see. Maybe the little speaker let go or something?

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine had the seat belt buckle issue on the passenger side as well... at times could be a severe rattle on sharp-edged bumps. I ended up using a 3-inch square of self-adhesive black 1/4" foam on the panel behind the passenger seat where the buckle was making contact. Can't stand rattles... :crazy2: