Convertible top weight limits

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been invited to carry a model in a local parade. How much weight will the convertible top hold when down, I am told the young lady weighs less than 110 pounds. The center console might have weight on it to .

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was 3 of us at the Texas Mile last weekend. We parked/camped pretty far away, so all 3 of us were being ferried in the vert. One of my friends, at significantly over 110 lbs, was riding in the middle. His feet were on the center console and his derriere over the folder top.

We were going from that 3-person configuration, to a top-up for a 176mph pass. No issues whatsoever over the whole weekend.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been invited to carry a model in a local parade. How much weight will the convertible top hold when down, I am told the young lady weighs less than 110 pounds. The center console might have weight on it to .

I would do whatever it takes to support her.:lmao:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was 3 of us at the Texas Mile last weekend. We parked/camped pretty far away, so all 3 of us were being ferried in the vert. One of my friends, at significantly over 110 lbs, was riding in the middle. His feet were on the center console and his derriere over the folder top.

We were going from that 3-person configuration, to a top-up for a 176mph pass. No issues whatsoever over the whole weekend.

DAMN! 176 in a basically stock car? That seems like it's moving out pretty good. Is that typical for a "stock" Gen III in the mile?

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DAMN! 176 in a basically stock car? That seems like it's moving out pretty good. Is that typical for a "stock" Gen III in the mile?

No way! On "Battle of the Supercars", Paul Tracy's '08 GEN IV Viper did a 173MPH run in the mile!! Excellent driving and awesome tune had to have gotten this GENIII to beat a GENIV mile trap speed!! :omg:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way! On "Battle of the Supercars", Paul Tracy's '08 GEN IV Viper did a 173MPH run in the mile!! Excellent driving and awesome tune had to have gotten this GENIII to beat a GENIV mile trap speed!! :omg:

It really is just a Gen III with American Racing Headers and a A&C Performance Tune. I too was equally surprised with my Standing Mile Speed, especially since verts have poorer aero than coupes.

As for the excellent driving, I am certain I don't possess superior driving skills than Paul Tracy. I do respect his and Tanner's skills behind the wheel.

Check out my TEXAS MILE THREAD for pics, videos, and more details on my runs.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There was a bone stock (including run-flats) 06 Vert running that same weekend. The best they managed was a 162mph.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You should have no problem. I've carried a parade queen in the same weight range on my vert with absolutely no ill effects.

You should be more worried about your left leg... after the slow pace of a parade, my left leg was completely worn out from riding the clutch in that slow traffic!!!

OP
OP
R

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks shine the question of the stop and go is my second concern. Overheating and wear on the clutch.