cooling issues revisted

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had some cooling issues recently, radiator drained, flushed and cleaned in an attempt to rememdy. I burped and burped until I got very little if any bubbles. Today started very cool, around 180ish and never got past the center mark on the gauge. This afternoon the air temp was around 100 so it wasn’t cool by any measurements. While I was on the HWY I never got above 195 on the gauge. Pulled in and parked and when I got back in the car I noticed the Roe fan controller hadn’t kicked the fan on. I assumed it was under the required temp until I started the car.

I sat idle watching the gauge and it steadily crept to 225 and then to 250. I got out of the car and noticed the fan wasn’t on. Turned the car off and waited for the fan, nothing. Fired the car back up and let it idle some more, no fan. After letting it cool down a little I got back on the HWY and drove home, temps back to normal. When I got home the fan cycled and did its normal thing. Seems like I may have an issue with the fan not kicking on as it should. I would assume they either work or don’t work, doesn’t seems as if there would be a medium if it were a bad fan?

Trying to narrow down the problems prior to tearing into the T-stat. I dont mind doing it but would rather not if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The electric thermostat. It controls the fan. Screws in to the front of the DS head. Completely independent control mechanism than the Roe kit.

Replace it... The electric thermostat...

I'd be happy to send you my working condition old one. PM me if so.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, we need to set up a 900 number for you so that you can get paid. It appears this sensor can also cause the PCM to change fuel mixture. Funny what one can find in this 500 page manual.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_