Copperhead owners

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at buying a copperhead vert and I love the color. At least today, I love the color. So my question is has anyone gotten tired of the color? Granted it always will be a Viper, I just don't know if it will look way out of date in a few years.

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only had mine for a few days.

My observations are that the color changes with the light.

The color also looks different as I look out the windshield and over the hood.
More redish to me.

I give it a thumbs up.
You must be registered for see images

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone had to come up with some wheel spacers for the rear those who run the stock wheels. To me they are just too far under the car.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had mine for about 4 months now. Never regretted it. I went down to look at Red ,a black and Copperhead. I thought I wanted a more true red. But after seeing the Copperhead in person , I was in love. I went back a few more times just to make sure I wouldnt regret color choice. Agagin , I love it. I get comments on the color everytime I take it out. I get looks everywhere,but then again any Viper will. I like the fact that you dont see Vipers in this color often or any car.Get iT!!!!

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since April of this year...love the color. I love how it changes slightly in different light. Wouldn't pick another color.
Go for it!

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the color and believe it will be timeless. I also have an Orange Prowler which is brighter but none the less Orange.

I owned a beautiful Blue 2001 RT/10 before I bought the copperhead. The car flat out gets tremendous comments. The GEN III cars can benefit from colors like the Copperhead. It is striking in person and in the sunlight. I have driven the car 370 miles and get looks and thumbs up everywhere I go. I didn't like the GEN III at first, but I have fallen in love with it now and really appreciate the design and progression of the Viper from GEN II to GEN III. Chrysler did a great job. The Copperhead color lends itself well to the GEN III Design. Good Luck.

John

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO it is the best color for a Viper. It is the most unique.

I was driving with the VCA a few weeks back. A caravan of about 11 Vipers. Quite a site. When we drove through town and parked in the back of a busy lot I heard a bunch of people say "that is the one I love the most". My Copperhead.

It is a stand out even in a crowd of Vipers. And that is not easy to do.

The way the color changes when the sun hits it is awesome. You can't appreciate it until you see it. Most people that see it just love it.

It takes an already awesome car and boosts it to the another level. IMHO.

It's not for everybody but it sure if for me. It makes cleaning the car an enjoyable experience.

I just love the color. I have a copper colored hot tub from Calspa. I am a copper guy.

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the color. Definitely shifts hue in sunlight. Perfect car for a sunshine state.

178_7885_sm_crop.JPG

IMG_9212_small2.JPG

IMG_9100_sm_crop.JPG

(always looking for an excuse to post pics)

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every owner I have ever talked to loves the color, especially in indirect light. FastFang from Delaware may be one of the best people to talk to. PM him.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the color as much now as when I got the car in April.
I get many more remarks about the car than when I had the silver SRT-10.

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see a copperhead coupe with stripes in person. Granted I have only seen pictures but IMHO the stripes really make the orange stand out

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two Vipers. A 2000 GTS grey/silver strip ACR and a 2005 copperhead. I have been driving the 2000 for 5 years and have had what I would consider a normal amount of positive viper comments. When I drive the copperhead, the comments are 10 times more and always positive. Personally, I can't get enough of the color. It is really amazing the way the paint changes in the sun and adds to all of the lines of the car. Now when I walk into the garage, the 2000 GTS looks boring next to the copperhead.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every owner I have ever talked to loves the color, especially in indirect light. FastFang from Delaware may be one of the best people to talk to. PM him.

He is right. I love the car and especially love the color. You can't go wrong with an orange on any Mopar. :headbang:

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a pretty strange story about picking the Copperhead color. I was actually going to buy a Ford GT, and then pay a company called Genadi Design $18K to paint the GT almost this exact same color. But when I saw the Viper this color, I could not believe it. It is the only "exotic" color I have seen the Viper come in.

Of course, the color drew me to the Viper, but then the test drive sold me. I had test driven the Ford GT one day earlier. There are differences between the two, both good and bad. But at less than half the price, plus not having to pay an additional $18K to get the color I wanted, it was a no brainer!

I am now dying portions of the interior Burnt Orange. I will be posting pics when I am done.

BTW: I got the Black Stripe option. I could have gone either way when I purchased the car, but as I have owned it, I have become happier that I got the black stripes.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What everone else said. Nearly everyone who's commented on my car has also said they loved the color. I've had mine about 15 months - tired of the color? No way!

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the strpies in person on a coupe here in Dayton and it looked fantastic. Has anyone seen the Copperhead with black Fang stripes ? I bet that would be killer on the SRT-10. Would love to see Pics.

John

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the strpies in person on a coupe here in Dayton and it looked fantastic. Has anyone seen the Copperhead with black Fang stripes ? I bet that would be killer on the SRT-10. Would love to see Pics.

John

Here is as close as I can get Socrates" car.
:nana:
You must be registered for see images

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

And from what I've seen, you have made some pretty cool Mods to your copperhead. Kala on the Prowler site sent me some pictures of your Copperhead and the Interior Mods - looks great.

John

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned mine since Feb. '06. Was shopping for the wife's SRT8 Charger, saw the copperhead, sold the Z06, and bought it within 24 hours! I absolutely love the car and have neighbors bring friends and relatives to the house. I liked Vipers before the Copperhead, and now love them. In fact, recently bought a '98 GTS (silver w/ blue stripes). I took the Copperhead on the Hot Rod Power Tour and received numerous compliments all the way up the east coast.

Copperhead
'98 GTS
'06 Charger SRT8
'05 SRT Ram

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new one today. Ol' Billy P should have it out my way in a week or so(if he can break a truck free). I am looking forward to seeing in the georgous Califonia sunlight as much as humanly possible!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love orange! :laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads