Corsa exhaust question

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the difference between the track and soundscape verision.

I want new headers and exhaust, but I don't want the car to be unbearably loud.

I was on corsa website and it states that soundscape version is whisper quiet

at cruise. How is sound with headers? I don't care if it's loud at WOT or

spirited driving but I'd still like to carry on a conversation when I have

passengers.

thanx

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kaval.
Give Bill Sampognaro's a call at his shop in Park forest IL. 708-481-9560.
He can answer all your questions regarding the Corsa exhaust. He can also install it for you.
Bill owns multiple Vipers, owns his own shop that specializes in Vipers and is your Illinois VCA president and all around good guy. :2tu:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the first Corsa exhaust that came out before the track exhaust. I am unsure if they still make it. I like the sound but hate the bell shaped exhaust outlets. They are chrome but you never seen it because the exhaust blackens the chrome soon after cleaning. I think the track system is supposedly cooler without the crossover. I would like to hear what Bill Sampognaro (post above) has to say and what you do. Bob

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I did Corsa's "Track" exhaust. It was very aggressive sounding with stock exhaust manifolds, but I liked it. It was way too loud for me with headers and it "droned" unbearably as well. I took them off. This was an $1800.00 mistake. I later spoke with Corsa and they told me that the Track system was designed for a much slower exhaust gas flow than headers provide, thus the noise and drone. I'm sure the high flow cats didn't hurt the volume, but without them, you really don't get the full effect of the headers / exhaust.

I ended up with the full B & B exhaust system, stepped headers and 3-inch stainless exhaust, mufflers and cross overs. This system is relatively quiet at idle, good at cruise and quite aggressive at full throttle. It is also much cooler than stock in terms of interior temps, sill temps. This is a very good exhaust system.

My advice to you, find some folks with the exhaust systems your are considering buying and ride in their cars for an hour. This may be a bit challenging, but the first 10 or 20 minutes is fun in a loud car. An hour later it's a whole different story, and can be deafening and miserable.