Corsa or Borla??

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I tell what system is on my car? When I bought it the guy said he could not remeber what it was but said it was one of the more expensive systems. He thought it was a Borla, but still was not 100% sure.

How can I actually tell?

Thanks!

Robert

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also looked at both tips side by side, both on cars. My observation was that the Borla also appeared to have thicker walls around the tip. The metal looked thicker than that of the Corsa.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK It took me a few days to figgure out how to post pics (Thanks again guys) but here they are:

IMGA0497.JPG

IMGA0494.JPG

I hope this gives you what you all need as I gather my system is not a Borla judging by chimazo`s pics!

Robert

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a Bill Boat or a Belanger. How about taking a pic from underneath those tips? Does it have mufflers under there, straight pipe or an X-pipe?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the old style Borla and the tips do not say Borla on them. They also look just like your tips.

I'm 99% sure you have a Borla system. Take a picture underneath (stick camera underneath) and snap some picks of the system below the rear deck. You should not have any mufflers or resonators in that section, just as I do not.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have is pipes under there. There is no muffler/resonator assembly. Just two strait pipes if my memory serves me correct.

Robert

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those tips look like my old Borla system. The mufflers will be in the side sills and will say Borla on them.

Alex

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old Borla systems had that cheapy looking tip with the inner pipe. The new ones do not...they look more like the Corsa with the rolled lip.

This is my ACR with the newer Borla.

You must be registered for see images

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is definitely the older Borla cat back system. I have the same system, except I cut out the inner pipe. I also have the stock cats that have been opened to 3 inches, with B&B headers. The whole side sill part is coated with JetHot 2000 and does keep the sills relatively cool. I may be biased, but this to me is the best sounding Viper I have heard.
Jerry