Corsa Track and Expansion/movement/alignment

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone post pictures of how the corsa expands/shifts in the side sill holes when the car is hot? Any other alignment tips or info you can share? My tech has done several GTS and RT 10s and he will get some support from the seller but I am just curious regarding your install experiences - is it really that difficult to align? thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Tony, in your other thread you mentioned that the price included welding. I would advise not welding till your sure that the alignment is correct. I would also advise this is done through several heating and cooling cycles to make sure that the tolerences/clearences are proper. sorry i have not sent pics but my digital camera went down and i have not been able to do so, if i can borrow one i'll try to get them out soon. unless someone else can post some sooner. For the most part the pipe opening/tip is near the front upper corner on both sides and NOT centered when cold. with only 3/8" or less/or so from the front-upper corner 9-10 o'clock on driver side and the 2-3 o'clock position on the passenger side. with the same margin at the 12'o'clock position(both sides). with much larger margin near the bottom(6 o'clock) and rear edge. my car took two additional trips to the dealer after the initial install to get the correct fitment/spacing.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is mine after they are hot.
6724P1000848-med.jpg

When they are cold, they are at the very fron of the opening.
I just recently had the sills removed and tack welded the pipes in place, one of them had started to drop.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PaViper,

I recently purchased an '03 which has a Corsa exhaust, according to the previous owner.

I was looking at your picture and the outlet appears elliptical, while mine appear round. Is it simply an illusion or is the opening truly not completely round.

The edges are rolled like yours, so I honestly believe that it is a Corsa cat back system.

Thanks...............

Don

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Turbo 63- Align the tips so when they are COLD, the edge of the tip is about even with the EDGE of the sill at about 4-5 o'clock. It will look goofy when cold, but when hot, it will expand to center. When you get the right position, turn the nut on the rear hanger to flush with the mount, then +1 turn to give it a little resistance. put the sill on with the screw above the tip, and the bolt under the tip on the bottom to get the rear in the right place. If it looks OK, start the car and let it warm up. See where the tip ends up. If it is acceptable, pull the sill off, re-torque fasteners when it cools back off ALL the way, and put the sill back on. Adjust is needed before the final re-torque.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is relatively round, I wasnt able to go out and look, I have my car at another location while I work on my garage. I think it is just the way it appears in the photo.
This is a photo of the other side, which had dropped a little bit. I will post new pics after I bring it back to the garage this week.
By the way, Final GTS is right except you dont want to align the drivers side to 4 or 5 oclock, that would be closer to 8 oclock
6724P1000849-med.jpg

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PaViper- DUH! LOL...Yes, you are right. I momentarily forgot that yes, there are indeed TWO sides on a Viper...Who would have thunk it? haha

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would also add that it is advisable to buy a set of traditional stainless steel muffler clamps from Jegs, Summitt etc. The clamps supplied with the kit are good for about 1 adjustment, after that they loose their holding power. I found that the passenger side would become misaligned after a couple heat cycles and the original clamp just wouldnt hold. After installing the new clamp it never moved again.

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! PA Viper would you mind posting a pic or two of the corsa when its cold - that picture was a good one - be interesting to create perspective to see it in the cold position as well. I really appreciate it and thank you!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to get the tips dead center you will need to fine tune your car as no 2 vipers are identical. When we install our exhaust systems we leave off the side sills and run the car till it is hot and then center the outlet tips. This way you do not need to return over and over again to your installer who should be able to get it right the first time, if not he is the wrong installer working on nyour car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32