1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosmetic Mods

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by slysnake, Sep 4, 2013.

1. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

I put an '08 hood on my Copperhead last year and wanted to try something else. What do you think?

Viper 2013.jpg

Also, when I had the original hood I liked the embossed Fangs logo on it. No logo on the new hood pad so I took it to a shop and had this embroidered on it.

Hood Pad.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Tail lights

Tail lights Viper Owner

ARE YOU KIDDING? That looks great, I love Copperheads, I want a picture that shows the wheels? What are you running for wheels?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. ssjcreeper

ssjcreeper Viper Owner

Big difference when looking at it compared to your avatar. Looks great.

4. Wiretech

Wiretech Enthusiast

I think the hood looks amazing and the logo also:2tu:

5. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

Actually, it has the generic 10 spokes on it. I'm the second owner of the car and the original guy liked the 10 spokes better. I would love to return it back to the sidewinders but I keep to a budget on mods each year and keep doing other things, like this ACR paint job, when I should be investing in the wheels. Someday. :)

6. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

Your car are is alive now!!!:2tu:

7. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

Love it. And I love the pad. Mind if I ask where you purchased the pad?

8. Mamba52

Mamba52 Enthusiast

Love it!!!!! Nice job. Is that a 08 hood or aftermarket. Also looks like a wrap. Pull the trigger and paint!!! :headbang:

9. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

Good eye. I wanted something different but not sure if I would like it, so I did the wrap. My first impression is good, but I will live with it for the rest of this year and decide on the paint next year. My options are this one, the regular double stripes, or leave it without markings. Would love to hear some opinions on those options. I did make the wrap satin black. If I go with the paint I will go Viper Black, so the wrap helped me decide that one. It would have been bad to have it painted satin black and then see it should have been Viper Black.

It's an OEM hood.

The pad is the OEM one as well. I took it into a local sewing shop and they embroidered the logo on it. Its a silver metallic thread so it really shines in the sunlight. They said it was rated to over 400 degrees, I hope that's enough. :)

10. Sonoman

Sonoman Viper Owner

Any shots of the back end? I have a Copperhead too, love the ACR driver's stripe paint scheme.

11. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

I'll see if I can take one tomorrow and post it.

12. slowhatch

slowhatch Viper Owner

I think it would look best without the stripes, just my opinion. Gen 4 hoods like great 'naked'. Plus, why cover up that beautiful color?

13. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

Here's the back.

IMG_1452.jpg IMG_1451.jpg

That's a good point. But I do think it needs something. So this or the regular rally stripes?

14. Sonoman

Sonoman Viper Owner

The front looks bad-asp but there's only so much you can do with the 'vert rear. I actually prefer the idea of a wrap since you can always change it later. At this point, to get a more agressive look in the back would require something like a 'vert low wing, but that's big dollars and not easily returnable to stock. I think the Copperhead color and the Viper bright blue color can hold their own without stripes, and coupes benefit more from striping than convertibles.

As a side note, one easy "mod" for improved visuals is reducing the panel gaps on the rear trunk lid. I bought packs of the Jegs 1/8" and 1/16" rectangular body shims and easily cut the gap in half (they were at about 1/4" from the factory!). The shims are less than $5 a package. Minimum panel gaps are spec'd in the Viper shop manual.

15. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

Looks great. Might consider "Plastidipping" your wheels black as a very cheap way to see how you like black wheels and the total look. I went a little custom with the the driver stripe and added a chaser stripe when I had my Viper painted (painter used a laser to get it right with all of the contours) :

[​IMG]

Quote, "The front looks bad-asp but there's only so much you can do with the 'vert rear."

My vert rear is .... well .... a coupe rear :D:
    [​IMG]

16. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. I'll check into that.

Coupe rear is not in my budget right now, but I do love it. The OEM vert wing is awesome but again, that's huge money. :(

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  17. Torquemonster06

Torquemonster06 Enthusiast

That turned out Awsome. :2tu:

18. SRT101969

SRT101969 VCA Member - International VCA Member

Looks great to me! So you own a GEN 3 and installed Gen 4 OEM hood?, what about front air intakes to the air filter?, I was thinking to replace my Gen3 hood with Gen4 but not sure how the air intakes will do.

19. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

I had that same question. But others here said it would work ok with the stock Gen3 intake and it really has. So I don't think it's a big problem.