Cost of RT/10 radio unit?

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rewind button on the alpine unit stopped working, so I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. They had my radio for three weeks, and then finally they called and said everything looks fine on the radio, charged me $40, and still didn't fix the problem.

Needless to say I'm not going back to this dealer, but how much would it cost to just order a new unit? Or where could I get it repaired correctly and about how much might that run me?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think that you can get a "brand new" one, dealers/factory use a outside company (ies) that refurbish them.

If you need more info i can ask my part manager friend.

Luc. 00GTS

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put in a aftermarket head; AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA. I put in a Panasonic CQ-C1300U with those features. The current model number may have changed, but this unit cost about $150,00. Make MP3 or WMA CD's and play for hours. Also the sound is better, even using the stock amps and speakers.
Later,

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with AB - put in an aftermarket unit. In fact, if you want GPS navigation, also, you could do what I did, and put in a Pioneer AVIC-N1 (although they may not make them anymore in favor of the AVIC-N2, I hear, although I have no experience with it). The sound from the N1 is noticably better than stock, and the option to slide out the screen for a GPS view is handy at times. Price for mine from the lowest internet seller was $1650, though, and I spent a whole afternoon (11:00am to 8:00pm) putting it in, but having the ability to listen to MP3s got rid of the need for a CD changer (160 MP3s on a CD), and the DVD player came in handy on cross-country trips.

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a newer Clarion unit that I have, fits perfectly, also can match colors to match tachs, etc.