Couldn't Resist Anymore, New SSG ACR, Thanks Bernie Katz!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After wanting an SSG car since the color was introduced in 2008, and after wanting an ACR since they were introduced in 2008, and after Dodge finally put the two together in 2009, I have finally given in and bought one!!!! :)

Dodge's announcement of 0% last Friday sent me over the edge. I immediately called Bernie Katz at Tomball Dodge and set up an appointment for Saturday morning. Bernie was straight forward, very easy to talk to, not pushy by any means, and answered all of my many questions I had for him (took me about 3 hours to make my mind up!!!). He was fair with my trade value (06 Slate Vert), made me a good deal on the new Viper, and I got the 0% financing to boot. Best vehicle buying experience I have ever had, and I have bought quite a few! I would by from Bernie again in a heartbeat!

Now to the car, 09 Solid SSG ACR, no options, the exact car I wanted (I know many like the black centerband and black stripe cars better, but not me). It was hard to let go of my vert, but I have talked about this car everyday since it was announced it was going to be made, so it was worth it. I haven't slept much the last few days I am so excited and happy! On to the pics before ya'll ban me!!!! :)

Attachments

• SSG.jpg
    SSG.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 142
  • SSG1.jpg
    SSG1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 138

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kick ass Man! I saw your car last week while I was up there, it looks great!

We now have at least two SSG ACR's in the area now.

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Must not give in, must ignore peer pressure, pay no attention to Eric and Mike, must not give.....aaaaarrrrrgggg:D.

Congrats Eric, looks awesome:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on a beauty,

driver or garage queen?

Must not give in, must ignore peer pressure, pay no attention to Eric and Mike, must not give.....aaaaarrrrrgggg:D.

do it man, do it

look how happy eric is

do it man, do it

(peer pressure peer pressure)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ACR! Great color. Hopefully I'll get to see this beauty while out-and-about, as Im out your way a good amount.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys with these new cars are killing me. Way to go, awesome choice. REALLY like the solid SSG..

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all!

Car will mostly be a street car, while doing a few track days each year, definitely not a garage queen, but will not go crazy on the mileage.

Rob - they have an orange/blk centerband ACR up there if you are interested... :)

Andy, Austin - car will be out and about, Cars and Coffee, VCA events, etc. - hopefully I can get it broke in over the winter. I still need to meet ya'll in person! :)

SixFootSix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After wanting an SSG car since the color was introduced in 2008, and after wanting an ACR since they were introduced in 2008, and after Dodge finally put the two together in 2009, I have finally given in and bought one!!!! :)

Eric,
Long time no see. I was at Tomball Friday afternoon, and guess what I bought? I got a set of wheels for my 06. I did see that car there. Very nice. Need to shoot some pool some time. Tell the wife I said hello.
Brad

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow VERY nice, congrats! I think it's kewl how you went for what you realllllly wanted.

SSG.jpg

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,
Long time no see. I was at Tomball Friday afternoon, and guess what I bought? I got a set of wheels for my 06. I did see that car there. Very nice. Need to shoot some pool some time. Tell the wife I said hello.
Brad

I'm always open to some pool Brad, it has been too long! :)

I've got 2 front runflats in the garage if you need some for the new front wheels, less than 10k miles on them and lots of tread left.

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats, what a beauty.
Bernie is the best to deal with. I got my SSG ACR from him last month and never had such an easy transaction.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice color choice and model...blended in to one.

MOVED MY COMMENT TO A NEW TOPIC...........Congrats on your car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats, what a beauty.
Bernie is the best to deal with. I got my SSG ACR from him last month and never had such an easy transaction.

We talked about your car when I was there, I really like the added drivers stripe on yours! :2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Rob - they have an orange/blk centerband ACR up there if you are interested... :)

How did you know I was looking at the Orange one?:) Must be spies around here.

Actually that would be my 2nd choice, but they don't offer the color I want anymore. The 1 of 3 that Cardude has is the color that Brenda and I both like the best. Heck, if they offered a VV orange with centerband delete I'd be tempted to get it and put stripes on myself.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually that would be my 2nd choice, but they don't offer the color I want anymore. The 1 of 3 that Cardude has is the color that Brenda and I both like the best. Heck, if they offered a VV orange with centerband delete I'd be tempted to get it and put stripes on myself.

Wow thanks...I got lucky.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Wow thanks...I got lucky.

Yes sir, If you took that car to the Viper Round-up in Austin, Tx, it's the one I saw. I have a picture of it parked beside an Orange with black centerband ACR.

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You told me you wanted Orange knucklehead, I just used my memory.... LOL! :)

I think ya need to buy one while the buyin' is good, any other colors work for you?

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Eric.....Your new ACR looks stunning in SSG!! Not sure we've met before, but I stopped by Tomball Dodge Saturday morning to meet Bernie and ya'll had just left. I hung out until he returned with your '06 Slate Vert. If anybody is looking for a Viper, give Bernie Katz or Ben Keating a call because they have a HUGE assortment of colors in stock!! Look forward to seeing your new ride at the next Cars and Coffee on December 5th.

David Barbee

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!! Nice to meet ya David, sorry I made ya wait for Bernie to get back, they called him while we were on the way to my house! Did you buy anything??? :)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You told me you wanted Orange knucklehead, I just used my memory.... LOL! :)

I think ya need to buy one while the buyin' is good, any other colors work for you?

Brenda wants to know, if the ACR was your Xmas present, what is Cassandra getting??????:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte