Crushed by a supra !!!!

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out cruising last night w/ a vette and a blue Supra pulled next to us...We had heard about this car before...and how it was the fastest on the East Coast (9 sec. 1/4 mile !!)... The car sounded like a 747 and every time he would rev the engine , all I could here was the air releasing from the waste gate (really loud).. He pulled next to me and we both launched! 2nd gear was close....but when he hit 3rd....It was like I pulled my emergency brake !!! He was gone. It was ridiculous.....I can drive! and I run 12.10's all day in mine but this was horrible !!

2000 RT/10...Smoothies & K&N's !

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Place a call to Doug Levin Motorsports!
laugh.gif

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, where in MD is Laytonsville? I'm trying to think of who's car that is. There is only one 9 second Supra in MD but it's in Frederick and is not really a true "street" car. Now there are a couple other blue ones in MD that have about 700-750 rwhp but they do not run 9 second quarter miles.

Pat
97 GTS

OP
OP
P

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happend in Mt. Airy...Laytonsville is right outside of Damascus (north). I think this guy is from Monrovia. He's an Asian guy with one bad as car....and it is street legal!

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like Billy. His car is definitely fast as hell and is a true badass street car. However, he has not run a 9 second pass although the car has the power to do it for sure. It's also not the fastest on the east coast, there are a number of east coast Supras that are that fast. It is pretty insane how fast those cars can get on the top end, its just tough to launch one.

Pat
97 GTS

OP
OP
P

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well regardless.....he just about sucked the paint off of my RT. The sad thing is....even w/ a 200 shot, I still would not of beat em.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiepilot:
laugh.gif
Place a call to Doug Levin Motorsports!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yep time to call Doug Levin. Their Level II+ will make over 750 rear wheel horsepower all day long on pump gas, NO NITROUS, NO FUEL CELL. With cats and mufflers.

Max

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, wake up, you're having a nightmare!!
laugh.gif

Geez, I've heard of people sleepwalking, but sleepsurfing?!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prevnine11ownr:
Out cruising last night w/ a vette and a blue Supra pulled next to us...We had heard about this car before...and how it was the fastest on the East Coast (9 sec. 1/4 mile !!)... The car sounded like a 747 and every time he would rev the engine , all I could here was the air releasing from the waste gate (really loud).. He pulled next to me and we both launched! 2nd gear was close....but when he hit 3rd....It was like I pulled my emergency brake !!! He was gone. It was ridiculous.....I can drive! and I run 12.10's all day in mine but this was horrible !!

2000 RT/10...Smoothies & K's !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry my friend. Your problem has been detected........

"2000 RT/10....Smoothies & K&N's"

Time to upgrade!
BURNOUT.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by houstonT:
Trey, what's the solution to his problem? It's not a head/cam with 250 shot NOS package! Just ask your boy Gerald, he'll tell you about a certain supra he ran into when he was running that setup!!! Hahahah
smile.gif

I'm just messing wit ya, in all honesty though, there is great potential for both the supra and the viper, they are both GREAT cars and I wish I could own both!
smile.gif

Peter

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toooo funny man!
laugh.gif
I want some of that action this weekend. We're still on right? If it doesn't storm or anything.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Time to mod!! Mod mod mod!! A nice supercharger that has power available ALL the time would do the trick. You won't have to pull over to turn your bottle on while he's laughing 2 miles down the road.. or perhaps you'd forget to fill up... LOL!!!

Mod that baby!

Gerald

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald did get rolled by a certin supra in town..BUT that was from a roll(Supra style race) with a 200 shot and the supra was one of the fastest around (BTW we cant have a rematch after gerald's car gets back because only one car is still in Houston). Here's the deal, race the same race at the dragstrip and the Supra gets his *** handed to him. The last time we checked ESPN or ESPN2 was not fighting the TNT network over the Freeway Olympics. LOL

Sorry just had to get that in

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification Prashant. I was honestly starting to get a little worried because I thought Gerald had one of the fastest Vipers around. If he got rolled by a Supra then I'd definitely get rolled by one too. Glad it didn't happen. Or only from a 100 MPH "Supra Style" roll anyway. But no one races like that.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperzilla,

I know at least five Supras in MD that have at least 700hp, so there are a good bit in MD that will take a Viper unless it has serious mods. Also, in Glen Burnie there is also a TT Corvette with VIPRKLR as his license plate, don't think I'll be messing with him either. As for me going to a meet or crabfeast, not yet because I just got my Viper three weeks ago (and already scratched the front bumper, **** ). I do plan on attending more meets in the future though.

Pat
97 GTS

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Dude, wake up, you're having a nightmare!!
laugh.gif

Geez, I've heard of people sleepwalking, but sleepsurfing?!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know they make Medicine for that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's gonna be an honor just to race such a car Pete.

This weekend's gonna be fun. 40 - 140 sounds good to me?? Of course on our private test track in Mexico.
supergrin.gif
What's Tommy puttin to the ground? We're both runnin street tires right? At least I know I won't get busted in the mouth with you in his car! And you know I don't race like that either, so it should be interesting to say the least. I see myself winning but if the worst happens, there's no way I'll sell & get the 360. Instant stroker motor, heads re-done, & a fatter shot of dope! But we'll see what happens.
smile.gif

I would like to get the facts straight on you & Geralds race though.
confused.gif
You say you were both on street tires (which is fair) others say you were on radials (which wouldn't have been too fair for Gerald)! I hear that you got it handed to you from 30-150 too!! And you only won from a 100 MPH punch.
confused.gif

What really happened?

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guy. Anyone can build a fast car. you ran a highly modified car against your stock ACR. What did you expect to happen. If you want to level the playing field and blow anyone away then call Doug leven or someone else. i can guarantee you that his small engine V6 needs to run C-16 at the track to get 600 plus horsepower. Big Block and pump gas equals big horsepower

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Welch,

Those Supra videos you posted bring back some memories! The Supra races around here ALWAYS go the same way. The driver is in the staging lanes playing with his car for 20 minutes before "the race". He is icing the intake, pulling off a headlight and putting his intake there, putting in some race gas, asjusting his boost controller, letting the car flow oil thru the turbos, adjusting his electronics and making sure his tires are at the perfect PSI and temperature, and all that other crap.

The Supra lines up against the Viper... the Supra does a massive burnout while bouncing up against the boost controller. They line up... they launch. The Supra launches horribly... they had to rev it up to get the boost and it overpowered the tires. It spools up and takes off. After all that tinkering, and all that noise, and all that commotion, the Supra ran a 12.4@118mph, and lost to the stock Viper that ran a 12.0@120.

Of course, the Supra rolls back into the staging lanes and the excuses start "my boost controller messed up" and "I am not running enough race gas" and "I need to cool the intake" and "I spun once I hit boost".

I've never seen a variety of car that needs to much tinkering to be fast, and requires such a perfect state of tune to put up a good number.

Tom, you proved a very important point... it's not who puts down the bigger dyno number, and it's not who can pull the quickest in a rollon, and it's not who has more tricks to play with their car before the lights go green, it's about who crosses the finish line first... and most BPU++--++-++!++~= Supras still don't hang with stock GTS Vipers, IMO. I've never seen a Supra BPU++--+=__++~!!! break out of the 12's.... not at my track anyways.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by houstonT:

"....you backed out on us this past weekend."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on now. We just got 4" of rain a few hours before. You know I didn't think we were goin out. Win or lose my names still the same. Just might have to write a check.
laugh.gif

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

MD Supras must be fast then because most that I've seen pull high 11's and low 12's but there are several pulling mid 11's. Of course this is on drag radials and 100 octane so its not a fair comparison to a Viper on street tires and pump gas.

Pat
97 GTS

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron94T:
I am guessing all this hostility toward the Supra is due to kids jumping on this board and talking a lot of $hit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... A ricer who actually gets it... Now if Martha Stewarts face falls off during a live broadcast the wheel of Armageddon will almost be complete...

Serious though Aaron, you hit that one square on the head. If you were here during the Marcus Frost and FlamingSupra days you would understand so much better...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron94T:
There were only ~7000 TT Supra's imported to the US over the 5 years they were sold here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No way that's true!!! Just here in little ol' Tampa there must be at least 500 9-second Supras sitting in friend's garages.
laugh.gif

I am guessing all this hostility toward the Supra is due to kids jumping on this board and talking a lot of $hit.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup, nothing turns somebody off on a car more than the owner.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Aaron when you get past a day and more than 5 posts you'll realize there is a lot of low grade smack thrown around this board. If you take anything here personal you'll be fed up in a week. I have nothing against Supras and I consider any car designed and produced in Japan as Rice (hmmm..that 50% qualifies the S...er...nevermind), including my little grain sucking Honda. Just the way it goes. It wasn't an attack on you I can assure you, in fact was more of a compliment,(which from me is rare.)

Where the problem is I have no idea, but good luck anyway...

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 00prowler:
Hi all, I don't care how fast it is , it's still a *** Toyota!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was funny!
laugh.gif

This might get good! I'm goin for a slurpie & some pop corn!
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte