Crushed by a supra !!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racetech:
All this sounds like apples & oranges to me. About 8 years ago when I was teaching auto tech, I had a student who bought a 68 Chevy Nova for about $600.00. It had a small block 350 engine in it...he wanted to know what parts to buy to make it faster. That was easy--he had almost no money. He traded some stuff for a pair of 461 heads. I picked out the mildest cam I could find (stock 3:07 gears and a 2-speed Powerglide and no high-stall converter). We put on a stock Q-Jet carb and HEI ignition. He bought a cheap set of headers, but that was about it for mods.

To make a long story short, I was hoping he could run mid 14's in the quarter mile. He came back from the drags & said it ran 11's. I asked him what he'd been smoking, but his friends backed him up. They said it nearly pulled the front wheels off the ground (he had 7" slicks) and ran high 11's. I just knew they were all pulling my gearshift--but he came back the next day with the et slips.

So...if quarter mile performance is all that matters, how about a car with a total investment of under 2K that runs 11.92? That has to be some kind of record. However...

The car was the worst rust bucket. The other instructor was cruel--said he could spray the car with Liquid Wrench and sqeegee the whole car into the sewer after it melts.

So...a Viper is far more than just acceleration or RWP. Much more than world-class styling & handling. It's a classic case of synergy--the total is more than the sum of its parts.

I think we're fortunate to have one of the very few vehicles ever produced that transcends what is otherwise just a fast car. How many things could truly be changed on one of these without diminishing their appeal in some way? This car hit the sweet spot dead center. It's the Bugatti Royale of the future, the Duesenberg, the Auburn Speedster. And they're here now. And they also happen to blow away every car on the planet in slalom tests, at least most every car under 200 grand.

I for one don't really care if someone can put a blower on their Yugo or give a Supra a shot of N20 and make it faster than mine. I could do that too, but mine is also a Viper. Hope that's not rubbing it in too much!
supergrin.gif

RC

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Racetech:
<FONT size="4">Thank You!</FONT s>

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racetech:
The car was the worst rust bucket. The other instructor was cruel--said he could spray the car with Liquid Wrench and sqeegee the whole car into the sewer after it melts.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif
Hilarious quote!! LMFAO!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I for one don't really care if someone can put a blower on their Yugo or give a Supra a shot of N20 and make it faster than mine. I could do that too, but mine is also a Viper. Hope that's not rubbing it in too much!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slam dunk ... Point made, backboard shattered!

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this sounds like apples & oranges to me.
&lt;snip&gt;
supergrin.gif

RC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's as childish as when other P-car owners say "You can put a big enough motor in a kit car and it's still a viper" - when they get beat [in a straight line] by a viper. It's sad that some people can't have a rational discussion because their horse is so high they can't see the ground or reality. All for no reason. We aren't talking about exotic cars here, but two cars with similar original sticker prices, overall performance, looks, and exclusivity. Not exactly "apples to oranges" unless you compare build quality or potential. A yugo? How rediculous, but it goes along with the rest of your diatribe.

John H

You must be registered for see images

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when they get beat [in a straight line] by a viper
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's were your wrong, John. Viper's have been beating Ferrari's, Porsche's, and Vettes at road courses for years. There are always exceptions, but on average the Viper has dominated these events at the 'grass roots' level (with equally skilled drivers). This is why I have saved for years to acquire my Viper GTS. All around performance. I would say it is the ultimate street legal production track car that someone can buy, without having to be a millionaire. The Z06 takes a close second. 911 Turbo's/Ferrari's (355's and 360's) third. This has been my observation at many road courses throughout the country, at the grass roots level. Now if you just read magazines, or only do 1/4 mile racing, you may not believe this statement. But after witnessing and participating in many road racing events, these statements hold 'much truth'. I even think many Porsche and Ferrari owners will admit these facts, and say they buy there cars for other reasons as well. And I can fully agree with that statement, as everyone has different taste and wants in there dream car.

Other than the TT Porsche, most 'production' Turbo cars lack in road racing ability. And high boost cars are even worse. Turbo lag is a killer on a road course. And the extremely high levels of boost several modded Supra's run would make them nearly impossible to drive cohesively on a road course. High Boost Supra's are great for 1/4 mile and acceleration contest, but become merely that.... As a matter of fact, I would bet a stock 320 HP Supra could do as well or better lap times than a 700 HP T66 Single Turbo, with same driver. If 1/4 mile and acceleration contest are your gig, great. But personally, I would spend a lot less and get a 9-10 second muscle car or a big turbo t-type. Although, for $20,000 a used stock Supra turbo would make a real nice road racing car, per dollar. Just don't do the crazy boost mods....

I guess this is why I fell in love with the Viper. It kind'a has everything, IMO. Exclusivity, bad-asp looks, incredible all around performance (Road racing, Auto Crossing, and 1/4 mile), fairly reliable, and a drool factor that is second to none. And this is stock, mind you.....

Do not take this as arrogance, as I will sell my Viper tomorrow if another car can provide these qualities at a higher level, at the same price or less. I have no brand loyalty.

P.S. - The Lotus Elise is coming to America. Reported to be 1600-1700 lbs powered by a 200 HP Toyota motor. Some moderate mods could boost that number to 325 HP. Let's see here, that is like 650 HP in a Viper (power to weight). At 1600 pounds, this thing should handle and brake like a freak'in race car. This is the car to watch..... By the way, a Lotus salesman said the price will be around $36,000. Only time will tell.

See what I mean about no brand loyalty?

Later

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard about the Lotus Elise. A couple things bother me about it. One is driving a car with a girls name. Second is the 1600lbs and little motor. Sure, it should be fast but I already have a go-cart.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
One is driving a car with a girls name. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chuck - What a card!
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Second is the 1600lbs and little motor. Sure, it should be fast but I already have a go-cart.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that the new mini with a few mods would accomplish the same effect - for about $20,000 less (at least up to 100 mph).

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh....I didn't even compare the Viper at all and you gotta resort to something like that? Dont worry we all know how small your wee-wee is(and it is weelly weelly small)

Reaction score
And Supra owners look at other guys' wee wees.
Last time I ever hit the showers at the gym if there is a Supra owner there.

Viper = VROOOOM, VROOOOOM, BLAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Supra = buzz, buzz, whirr, whirr, bwaat.

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you mean in the Showers?
confused.gif
...I got this information from your wife last night.
bounce.gif
supergrin.gif

Besides...not everyone wants drive with their car sounding like a 747 all the time...Mines very quite...but carries a big stick
devil.gif
Supra's can be very civilized as a daily driver...but all it takes is pressing into 2nd turbo to wake the dead!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after reading 4 complete pages of Supra vs. Viper...

Who is faster? Who has more hp and tq? Who is the better driver? Who has the most $$$ in their car? Who has the biggest wee wee?? Who has the smallest wee wee??

Who really cares at this point!!!

This thread sounds like something you regulary see on the vette forum... bashing Vipers. Give it up!!!

Lets see now...maybe someone will chime in and have a 1000 lb. Gremlin with 10 million hp and runs 2 seconds at 1790 mph on street tires...

There are guys just looking for a KILL...
There are guys just havin a good time...
There are idiots too...
There are guys who have DIARRHEA from the mouth...

Some like rice...
Some like USDA...

Thru all this....... there was 1 good point made...We are all car guys...Go out and enjoy them and keep safe and have fun

smile.gif

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh. True didn't mean to become a troll and turn this into a ******* contest...but then again I didn't question anyones manhood either...At least I am not a beetle owner.

Like your sig btw...I came up with my own....but nothing fits really with U

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra = Who the Frick Cares

Just a *** Job, I don't need to be nice to a few Supra Owners that come to our board. I think your cars are run of the mill *** Jobs, no different than my Civic ******.

Don't try to defend your manhood, one look at each car side by side and you know what?, Your still a RICER.
supergrin.gif

So frickin what you got so much HP, you boyz still can't put it to the ground.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...At least I am not a beetle owner.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa now! Greg Bubetz drives his Beetle to the track and has been dishing up some serious schooling to the Supras in his neighborhood. He's been seen doing 8.8 sec in the 1/4 @ about 165mph. and then driving home! See.... there's no winnin' at this game. You might best trade that bucket o' bolts in for a real race car.... a Beetle.
laugh.gif

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiepilot:

Just a *** Job, I don't need to be nice to a few Supra Owners that come to our board. I think your cars are run of the mill *** Jobs, no different than my Civic ******.

Don't try to defend your manhood, one look at each car side by side and you know what?, Your still a RICER.
supergrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um that hurts comin form a Flower Child. **** Hippies...********

I dont see Vipers having an easy time of driving their cars either.

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Other than the TT Porsche, most 'production' Turbo cars lack in road racing ability. And high boost cars are even worse. Turbo lag is a killer on a road course. And the extremely high levels of boost several modded Supra's run would make them nearly impossible to drive cohesively on a road course. High Boost Supra's are great for 1/4 mile and acceleration contest, but become merely that.... As a matter of fact, I would bet a stock 320 HP Supra could do as well or better lap times than a 700 HP T66 Single Turbo, with same driver. If 1/4 mile and acceleration contest are your gig, great. But personally, I would spend a lot less and get a 9-10 second muscle car or a big turbo t-type. Although, for $20,000 a used stock Supra turbo would make a real nice road racing car, per dollar. Just don't do the crazy boost mods....

P.S. - The Lotus Elise is coming to America. Reported to be 1600-1700 lbs powered by a 200 HP Toyota motor. Some moderate mods could boost that number to 325 HP. Let's see here, that is like 650 HP in a Viper (power to weight). At 1600 pounds, this thing should handle and brake like a freak'in race car. This is the car to watch..... By the way, a Lotus salesman said the price will be around $36,000. Only time will tell.

See what I mean about no brand loyalty?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Tell me if Single Turbo Supra's **** so badly at road racing...what happened at one lap this year? (Supra came in 4th)

The Elise does sound kick *** does it not though? I dont personally like the looks, perfer the Esprit. but soo light!!

Reaction score
Ultimately
no matter how you slice it
or what kind of spin you put on it
the difference is

Viper = pure testosterone

Supra (no matter what kind of strap ons one adds) = little testosterone.

Talk speed all you want
but the Viper hopelessly outclasses the Supra
in that very important department.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiepilot:

supergrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa man,you need to relax.You can bring that Gen 1 down here and Im sure Ill school it in my Supra in 9 out of 10 categories.Last time I checked its a lot harder to put down 600rwhp than your paltry 345 rwhp.Gen 1 talkin **** ,what a laugh job.

Joe

Reaction score
I bet ya
that if you got a Viper and a Supra pointed in opposite directions
and hooked 'em up with a good sturdy length of chain
and got 'em going at the same time
the Viper would drag the Supra behind it
like some disaffected kitten.

Also, if I had to run from the cops
good ole boys, Dukes of Hazzard style
there is no way I'd choose a Supra over a Viper
for that task.

The Viper is
simply bad to the bone.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kowalski vanishing point:
I bet ya
that if you got a Viper and a Supra pointed in opposite directions
and hooked 'em up with a good sturdy length of chain
and got 'em going at the same time
the Viper would drag the Supra behind it
like some disaffected kitten.

Also, if I had to run from the cops
good ole boys, Dukes of Hazzard style
there is no way I'd choose a Supra over a Viper
for that task.

The Viper is
simply bad to the bone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But not John T Frye's Viper.He just told you (that is,if you can remember the original post) that in third gear(the Viper power gear)the Supra pulled him so hard he thought he dropped anchor.Also if your keyboard warrior self were smart,you wouldnt run from the cops in anything.Stop trying to sound like a badass.

Joe

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif

This keeps getting better and better. Now it's a viper owner talking smack to another owner. I love it.

No matter what it said, the rule is "there is always someone faster". I personaly could care less how fast the supra CAN BE, because I just don't like their style. Yeah, so you can blow by me on the highway, I don't even look over at jackas$es that do that. I just tuck in behind them, and call the HPs with a plate number
smile.gif
It helps to have family on the patrol. I've done this with mustangs, camaros, civics and porsches. If your going to act like a jacka$s and get someone killed, then you're going to have to pay for it.

Why not try and justify your supra to the Lambo or Ferrari guys? I'm sure they care as much as we do
rolleyes.gif

Now.. let me redirect your attention to another turbo 6 car..
http://www.gnttype.org/members/times.html

Enjoy
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Mod your cars, enjoy them. Just don't be a jacka$$ and get into "My car can beat your car" crap... stick with personal insults and wife jokes
laugh.gif

MM

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
laugh.gif

This keeps getting better and better. Now it's a viper owner talking smack to another owner. I love it.

No matter what it said, the rule is "there is always someone faster". I personaly could care less how fast the supra CAN BE, because I just don't like their style. Yeah, so you can blow by me on the highway, I don't even look over at jackas$es that do that. I just tuck in behind them, and call the HPs with a plate number
smile.gif
It helps to have family on the patrol. I've done this with mustangs, camaros, civics and porsches. If your going to act like a jacka$s and get someone killed, then you're going to have to pay for it.

Why not try and justify your supra to the Lambo or Ferrari guys? I'm sure they care as much as we do
rolleyes.gif

Now.. let me redirect your attention to another turbo 6 car..
http://www.gnttype.org/members/times.html

Enjoy
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Mod your cars, enjoy them. Just don't be a jacka$$ and get into "My car can beat your car" crap... stick with personal insults and wife jokes
laugh.gif

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Maxx,however,I only said something when I noticed the conversation going south.Theres always a few bad apples that just dont get it.Maybe Tie and kowalski can ask for their own Supra bashing forum and I wont be subjected to reading their ignorance.Im with you on the Gn's,theres some fine American muscle.

Joe

Ps Stock Supras have 1 sidemount intercooler.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Tell me if Single Turbo Supra's **** so badly at road racing...what happened at one lap this year? (Supra came in 4th)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SDSupraTT,

I am 99% sure that Supra was a twin turbo (Andy B.). Not a single turbo. So next time, before opening your mouth, do some research. Dumb As*!!! And you call yourself rice? You outta be ashamed....

P.S. - A Viper took first again. 3'rd year in a row.

SDSupraTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
SDSupraTT,

I am 99% sure that Supra was a twin turbo (Andy B.). Not a single turbo. So next time, before opening your mouth, do some research. Dumb As*!!! And you call yourself rice? You outta be ashamed....

P.S. - A Viper took first again. 3'rd year in a row.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm....You need to do some research...

BTW...who took 2nd & 3rd? and where were the rest of the Vipers? um yeah that's what I thought.
Here's the results if it's too hard to find them.

1 1 Dodge Viper ACR SSGT1 7380
Brian Smith, David Zelkowski
2 5 Chevy Corvette Vint Amer 7200
Michael Miller, Aaron Quine
3 30 Chevrolet Corvette SSGT2 7195
John Boos, Todd Cleasby
4 21 Toyota Supra Turbo SSGT1 6895
Andi Baritchi, Clint Pohler
5 7 Porsche 996 TT SSGT1 6740
Mark DaVia, Jeff Denmeade

6 31 Mazda RX-7 SSGT2 6730
Gregory Stasiowski, Dale Black
7 19 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 6710
Rodney Sizemore, Rick Sizemore
8 8 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 6690
Reed Kryder, John Bender
9 25 Pontiac Firebird SSGT2 6680
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran
10 6 Lamborghini Diablo SSGT1 6475
Karl H. Troy, Steve Griffin

11 14 BMW M5 Luxury Sed 6290
Nancy Becker, Roy Hopkins, Adrienne Hughes
12 50 Subaru Impreza MidPri Sed 6120
Greg Hagopian, Larry Smith
13 15 Ford Thunderbird MidPri Sed 6070
Ted Lyons, Mike Hurst
14 9 Dodge Viper SSGT1 5965
Jerry Churchill, Bill Evans, Jr.
15 13 Plymouth Valiant 100 Vint Amer 5965
Kevin Wesley, RICHARD EHRENBERG, Mark Grubelich

16 51 Volvo 740 Sedan MidPri Sed 5890
William Cook, Richard Spicer, Jon Dega
17 3 Dodge Viper SSGT1 5660
Ron Adee, Patrick Adee

Oh btw his turbo is CTC Motorsports Single Turbo Kit, consisting of an HKS header & wastegate, Turbonetics T64BB .7 turbocharger

BTW I ain't rice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte