Cutting Fuel on Deceleration

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting an error 8 on my LC-1. I have read where others have cut their fuel on decel (vec 3), and would appreciate it if anyone can guide me on how to do this. i think it may help the problem. Also if anyone has made their own heat sink, please advise - I hate to spend 89.99 on Innovates.

Thanks!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you do it in the fuel load table.
Can you go neg. on the ms pulse? or might just have to set at zero under vacuum?
I'll bet Ello, Kingsnake, Steve, Dan, Rtted, B-fed, will respond with some info.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be clear- My first 2 settings which are -29.7 psi are set to 0 now. I change them to around -4.

Thank You!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct, to cut the fuel when you go closed throttle, just set your first 2 settings to a negative number. On my VEC2, they are -30 and -27,5 and I have them set to -6 and -4 respectively but may be a little different on the VEC3 and -4 on both is probably as good as anything.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a note, cutting the decel fuel will reduce popping but will effect the decel braking of the vehicle.
Cut too much fuel and the car has a abrupt "off and on feel" at low throttle and is worst in higher gears.

FYI, we can change the fuel cut in your factory (JTEC) PCM if you wish.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I noticed that. I actually forgot that I changed the tune and then was wondering why it felt different.
i don't like it at all and am going to change it back. I installed an new heat sink and sensor and the error is gone for now.
Thanks