D to D1

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me close to 6 weeks to go from D to I status... i was told a build date of 3/15 but hit I status 3/13.....i can't remember the time to go from D to D1....ymmv

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It can be in D status for a week or a month, and once it goes to D1 and gets a build date, that does not mean it will be guaranteed to be built on that day. That day can vary and sometimes is a bit earlier or often it is later. Once the car goes to E or any letter beyond D1, that is when the machine is on a roll.

The chart which gives dates and approximate times is quite accurate for all Chrysler products , except the Viper. As the only handbuilt car in the stable , it follows a different route to the customer's home.

:headbang:

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, My Car went to D status Feb 5, Have a VIN but as of yesterday was still D, I have read on here that the H spoke wheels are back ordered, Speculating this maybe the hold up, Thanks again for the reply

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Doubt it is the H spokes, but again, don't place anything in the fact that your car is in D, as it will not get a scheduled build date until it goes to D1 ( and as noted , that still does not mean it will be made exactly on that date ).

I have cars that have been in D status for over a month, since they are Red, and until the blacks get rocking farther, few were moved to D1. There are alot of red cars in D1 now, but not all , so you are in fine shape and until it reaches D1 and then jumps to E or beyond, you won't have a clear idea of when it is being built.