Damaging some ego's maybe

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As we all, I'm sure, experience almost every time we take our beloved Viper's for a cruise, people in other cars driving close behind and/or revving their engine as we go by. Most of the time, trying to provoke a little spirited driving on the main road regardless of traffic. Don't get me wrong, I love spirited driving when it is in it's proper place, and yes, in the past I have gone side by side with anyone who provoked me.
But, I find it more fun lately to ignore the other parties on the road like they are not even there. :D
Where I live there is a lot of traffic and cops, and the roads are not in the best condition anyway. You don't want to hit a pothole or unload your suspension too fast around here.
For instance, I just had a guy and his girlfriend in their older model ZO6 switch lanes to get behind me and ride kind of close to my rear bumper. I saw them in traffic behind me so I was prepared for something. I kept driving my casual 60mph as if they were not even there. Then, he downshifts to go around me and passes me by. Not blowing my doors off but waiting for me to downshift as he goes by. I don't even turn my head to look as they go by and I can see in my peripheral vision that they are looking over.
Then, further down the road there is a Maserati in the opposite lane of traffic. As I am coming past him he downshifts to lurch his car forward to impress me. :lmao: Then he proceeds to get behind me and drive close to my rear bumper. He gets the same treatment and eventually goes around me. Again, I don't even change my speed, rev my engine or look over as he goes by. BTW, his car sounded really good.
Anyway, I get more of a kick out of letting others feel that there car is not worth my time. Besides, where are we going in mild to moderate traffic anyway. I don't want to see how fast I can come up on the persons bumper in front of me only to slam on my brakes. :drive: When I was younger I did some crazy and stupid driving, but I have too much to lose now. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats how us viper guys get the labels we do............

its a double edge sword though, i know.

i think youre better off waving or giving a thumbs up. ignoring is rude.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The thing that irks me the most, is when the looky-loos that want to race up to me to see the car (which is fine), but then they just cruise there IN MY BLIND SPOT. If I had not noticed them coming up, it could be an issue. Those are the ones that I get upset with. Otherwise I just wave.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get somewhat annoyed at the people who, on a dbl lane road will ride up real close and get in the middle of the divider to take a better look.

Then there's the ones that follow you home... Had this happen twice so far. Both mid-40s females. The one lived down the street from me at her parents house. She chased me up the driveway, cornered me as I was trying to get out... then proceded to tell me her life history, that she likes seafood, had an ex she called the "donor", etc etc... took a good 10 minutes to get rid of "Christy"... sigh. Funny thing is, I lived there for 3 years, but it wasn't until I bought the viper... heh.

The other one was just well.... creepy. I began carrying a Kahr CW45 with me shortly after that encounter.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Learned my lesson a long time ago. Showboatin' gets you nowhere!! Give 'em a rev or two so they know you see 'em and let 'em go on by with a thumbs up.

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can ignore like the next guy except for the **** that almost took my bumper off today while he jumped from the far right lane across my lane (middle) to the fast lane without so much as a signal on. He got a very stern talking to by me from the window of my car. I think he had to change his shorts after I was done with him. Maybe he'll think twice about doing that manuever again. :D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come on mm93rt10

don't you know how his text message was so much more important than your safety

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a guy pull up next to me on a crotch rocket on the highway last week. I kindly gave him the not interested shake of the head and he proceeded to blast off at WOT right next to me with my window rolled down. Took two days for my left ear to stop ringing. I wanted to run the SOB over. :mad:

FallenAngelHIM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an SRT-4 owner who's been lurking around the Viper Forums and I can relate to this. I get revved at by Hondas, Evos, Subarus, you name it. The fun definitely is to ignore them because then they get confused and upset you didn't bite.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually point and laugh...is this wrong?

Like the Trailblazer SS trying to race me in the RT 2 nights ago (tailgating, then lurching repeatedly beside me). Same scenario in the ACR with a Honda IJGFIIBFPIF something or another parking on my right front fender with his left hand on his knee looking back at me literally riding circles around me - all this in a 60 mph bumper to bumper flow. I just put my hands in the air to ask "where are we going to go". I guess I could have goosed it for 100 ft into the back of a Grand Prix....

I've just come to the realization that EVERYONE wants a piece of a Viper... Most have no freakin clue. And the ones that do still think "just maybe this time I'll smoke a Viper...". You all better realize that every race you ignore you become a "kill" in that driver's forum. Yep, that Trailblazer SS kicked my tail...

Just goes to show, the Viper is the benchmark all other vehicles strive to achieve. ....It's good to be the king!

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played with one of you guys in PA for about 40 miles. Obviously not a stock SRT-4. Impressed me - took all the Jeep had to stay with it to 120-130. Then the displacement began to take over and I pulled ahead. Incredible...

Hey guys, I'm an SRT-4 owner who's been lurking around the Viper Forums and I can relate to this. I get revved at by Hondas, Evos, Subarus, you name it. The fun definitely is to ignore them because then they get confused and upset you didn't bite.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats how us viper guys get the labels we do............

its a double edge sword though, i know.

i think youre better off waving or giving a thumbs up. ignoring is rude.
Plum, with this thread I don't think they are just labels, they are descriptors based on experience. Sadly, most viper owners fit those labels. I had given viper owners those same labels before I had one, and from my experience I see that they fit for the most part. Threads like this only make me glad I'm not a typical viper owner.

Maybe I have too much fun in my viper, but I love playing with those guys and they respect me more because of it. I also think it gives them a better story to tell. I don't always race them or act stupid, but I don't ignore them. Most of them are giving your car attention for a reason, not because they want to get you in trouble or to show you up, but because they like your car (note - there are some jerks out there that don't like you, but you can still be polite). If you give them a little respect and some attention in return, then they won't label us viper owners. They'll say, "hey, I ran into this awesome viper today, and the guy was really cool."

You aren't damaging any egos, trust me. As a psychologist, and one of "those guys" not too long ago, you are just making yourself look like an @$$hole. Maybe you guys have just forgotten how it is to be young and have some fun. You should think of how you are coming across to those you are disrespecting, instead of acting like you are better than they are in some way.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, with this thread I don't think they are just labels, they are descriptors based on experience. Sadly, most viper owners fit those labels. I had given viper owners those same labels before I had one, and from my experience I see that they fit for the most part. Threads like this only make me glad I'm not a typical viper owner.

Maybe I have too much fun in my viper, but I love playing with those guys and they respect me more because of it. I also think it gives them a better story to tell. I don't always race them or act stupid, but I don't ignore them. Most of them are giving your car attention for a reason, not because they want to get you in trouble or to show you up, but because they like your car (note - there are some jerks out there that don't like you, but you can still be polite). If you give them a little respect and some attention in return, then they won't label us viper owners. They'll say, "hey, I ran into this awesome viper today, and the guy was really cool."

You aren't damaging any egos, trust me. As a psychologist, and one of "those guys" not too long ago, you are just making yourself look like an @$$hole. Maybe you guys have just forgotten how it is to be young and have some fun. You should think of how you are coming across to those you are disrespecting, instead of acting like you are better than they are in some way.

kids sniff glue and eat paste... I'm not going to join in just to be cool to you :rolleyes:

An acknowledging nod and maybe a smile or wave is all you're really obligated to. Anything else is just showboating and an invite to being Nick Hogan's cellmate.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For instance, I just had a guy and his girlfriend in their older model ZO6 switch lanes to get behind me and ride kind of close to my rear bumper. I saw them in traffic behind me so I was prepared for something. I kept driving my casual 60mph as if they were not even there. Then, he downshifts to go around me and passes me by.

You weren't putzing along in the fast lane were you?

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my Viper on Thursday night. Since then it's been an interesting experience. Most people have been really, really nice. Several folks have come up and asked if they could take pics of it. One guy just wanted to see one close up. Another guy wanted to see the interior. The funniest one was a kid in a rusted out white honda **** box with some weird muffler sticking out the back and a wing. He rev'd and whined and lurched like he was at Daytona or something. Cracked me up!

I personally feel that even after owning one less than a week that I have to be nice to people when I'm in it. I live in a community of about 100,000 people. It's way too small of a town to be arrogant or mean to someone and find the thing key'd to hell after leaving it alone for just a few minutes. People are way too eager to stick it to the "rich guy" when they're fighting to keep their jobs or even their homes.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so how would everyone react if a Murci or SLR McLaren was on the highway with you? Would you not try to give the owner a thumbs up, race, or just catch up to "stare."?? Who cares. A lot of people love the viper and want to see, hear and race it. Maybe if people looked over and didn't "ignore" they would SEE that many aren't trying to race; just hear it rev and or see it. I haven't had ANYone try to race me since having my 2000 GTS ACR for the past 4 months. Just a lot of love from some great people....give a crap what "cheap" car they are driving

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We give thumbs-up to anybody who is looking and waving at us. If we drive by or pass a rarely seen car around here, we give THEM the thumbs-up or a wave. It's all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T...everyone loves their own car. I even flummoxed a SCION driver when he looked at us, then looked down...why do that? When he looked up again, I gave him a smile & wave! The BEAMING face said it all...and yes, was in the Viper at the time. At stoplights, when a car pulls up and revs like they wanna race, we'll look over and smile, maybe rev once, but no, we don't 'street race' em.
~juli

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kids sniff glue and eat paste... I'm not going to join in just to be cool to you :rolleyes:

An acknowledging nod and maybe a smile or wave is all you're really obligated to. Anything else is just showboating and an invite to being Nick Hogan's cellmate.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have blond hair, large breasts and a small butt mounted on a female chassis, and don't have some dude in the car with you, I'm a man-**.

Anybody else gets ignored. Especially the dump trucks that want to race.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Especially the dump trucks that want to race.

I was in Tampa once at a redlight. This semitruck taps his horn and I look over. The driver points at me, points at him and then at the redlight. He cracks his knuckles and says "me, you, let's go". Me and my friend smiled at him and when the light changed, I gassed it pretty good :D I slowed down and let him catch up. When he went by, he was waving and blew his horn again. One of my favorite "kills" :rolaugh:

As for the guys who are seriously looking for a race, I just smile and either give them a wave or headnod and maybe rev it up for them. I don't want the increased insurance rates that come along with a streetracing ticket or has Warfang said, become good friends with Nick Hogan while we sit in the H-wing together.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

are you sure?
because this post is on the level of a 10yr old :rolleyes:

oh, and I never sniffed glue or ate paste... maybe that's your problem :nono:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone knows what the Vipers are capable of. Some just want to see it in action.

If I'm in the mood I'll sometime just drop it to a lower gear and jump on it a little. Let them see the torque these cars have. That's normally Nuf said.

I'm not going to get a ticket for some A-hole. If their serious I'll says lets meet at the track and then just enjoy the silence.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456