DC Perf Computer Reflash for 05

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I'd share my experience with Cragin's re-programming for my 05 commemorative which is no longer bone stock! It was an excellent mod and very easy to install. I went the new controller route with the 170 thermo. I wasn't going to do the 170 but Dan recommended it; I was afraid it would run too cool for proper oil burnoff but Dan said that isn't the case and he was right. The excessive popping is gone, the skip shift is gone, and the cold start missing is reduced. It runs a little bit cooler and runs significantly more crisp. It became a more pleasant daily driver - not that it wasn't a good daily driver before. There's no big kick in the pants and that shouldn't be expected but I enjoy driving my Viper in general quite a bit more because of this mod. There were no problems at all with the install except I busted the lock tab when removing the intake air temp connector because I used a screwdriver instead of squeezing it properly. It's now taped but I ordered a new connector and will attempt to repair it. It's running fine the way it is but......I don't have to explain to you why, do I? Feel free to ask questions but Dan and company was very helpful over the phone. I think it would be a good idea for Dan to include an instruction sheet that would only take a page to include some installation pointers. I had the factory manual which was pretty good but it wasn't perfect and Dan knows shortcuts.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with your comments however I did notice an increase in power in the mid rpm levels. The acceleration is more crisp as opposed to a bit of lag, especially at half to three quarters throttle. Standing on it at 2500-3500 rpm more instantanious and more exciting.

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the additional power in the midrange. I'm enjoying my Viper so much more with this mod; it's definitely a must. I want to thank those who did the mod before me which helped me get off the fence.

Nader, how are you enjoying your HREs? Are they stock sized with runflats? Notice any benefit besides the bling?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely love the HRE's. They are 19 in front and 20 in the rear - Pirelli P-Zeros. Aside from the look, they are much lighter than the stock setup which improves ride quality and and handling. Traction is much improved as well. I could not believe the difference going from the stock set up. I am sure the HRE rears, despite being larger, are at least 15 lbs lighter than the stock setup.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
reflash will gain you some hp/tq and adjust your a/f ratio(stock computer runs the car very rich at higher rpms) and elimanate the skip shift.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On mine Dan lowered the temp that the fan comes on so as to match my 180 degree thermostat. He also set the fan to cycle longer. I gave him the mods on my car and he tuned it for 93 octane. Car runs between 180-190 degrees on a 90 degree day and the oil temp is just above the first mark on the gauge. A/c is colder too. GREAT JOB DAN!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456