Dealer called me.........

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: The dealer I bought my current Viper from called me today to let me know that they got a blue GTS in.
I do not like the GTS hood, so it may be safe for me to go look at it in person. (and not end up driving it home)

I would still like to see 'what's up with the gen V' for myself, so I may go check it out.

I am on the bandwagon with the idea that it ***** that there are cars out there like this, for whatever guys like me to buy, and the special ordered cars with deposits on them still aren't built and delivered.
I think the wait is worthwhile, but ***** no less.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all the hood posts, maybe it would be a good idea, at the next VOI, to set up a special "hood exchange" booth at the track. Owners could put up a wanted/needed note on a board, and have make an appointment to have them switched. Might be a pretty busy place : >)

Maybe even a swap meet could be coordinated where attendees could buy & sell unneeded items to each other.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems to be a 'love it or hate it' deal with the new hoods.
I think the SRT hood looks killer, The GTS..........not so much.
...............enough for me to not buy the car.
Then there are the guys who have the opposite opinion.

Swap is a good idea.
Then you could get the GTS car with the 'better looking hood'.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all the hood posts, maybe it would be a good idea, at the next VOI, to set up a special "hood exchange" booth at the track. Owners could put up a wanted/needed note on a board, and have make an appointment to have them switched. Might be a pretty busy place : >)

Maybe even a swap meet could be coordinated where attendees could buy & sell unneeded items to each other.

To be fair, there will only be around 70 or so non-red SRT cars built this year (Only around 170 SRT's made), so the chances anyone will want to swap (and have matching colors) will be slim to none...

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: The dealer I bought my current Viper from called me today to let me know that they got a blue GTS in.
I do not like the GTS hood, so it may be safe for me to go look at it in person. (and not end up driving it home)

I would still like to see 'what's up with the gen V' for myself, so I may go check it out.

Go check it out. My local dealer got one today so I swung over after work. I happened to drive mine to work so I took it over. Not two minutes after getting there, another local in a 2001 ACR showed up to check it out, total coincidence and my first time meeting him. :drive:
The dealer said they ordered it back in Dec/Jan and it just showed up. I am with you, not digging the GTS hood. Sweet car for sure though, I don't think I could give up an ACR for one though.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the Gen 4 hood is the best hood ever put on a Viper, SRT is good and the GTS not so much.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were the SRT, in a color I liked,................I would be trading in my Corvette.
Besides the hood preference, the SRT trim is a little more affordable for us 'working guys' anyway.

Funding, with the trade-in is possible, that's why I need to stay away from the dealership.
The salesman would not have a hard time with me.

........sometimes it's difficult to 'just go window shopping'

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it were the SRT, in a color I liked,................I would be trading in my Corvette.
Besides the hood preference, the SRT trim is a little more affordable for us 'working guys' anyway.

Funding, with the trade-in is possible, that's why I need to stay away from the dealership.
The salesman would not have a hard time with me.

........sometimes it's difficult to 'just go window shopping'

I hear that. If I weren't looking at houses, I could be "tempted" to trade the 07 SRT8 Charger, and the 03 Viper, plus a loan, plus $$, and the rest of life paying it off to get into one!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy both hoods and swap 'em out...guys are doing it with wheels by buying sidewinders for the track and venoms for the street so why not?

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan,

I just ordered a MY 2014 GTS with the SRT hood, $500 extra charge but worth it in my opinion.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon "frums brother"...pull the trigger! LOL
I still prefer "fums" or "frooms"

The gen V deal for me, as cool as it would be,......would delay my ability to retire before I become a skeleton.
I could make it happen, but would probably regret it in the long run.
If I were 10 years younger, the cops would already be hassling me.

I may do like some other guys, and wait for the used market....to get one after the depreciation takes it's toll.

The car does have the "I gotta have it" factor.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it true all 2014 orders consumed? how come some cars sitting on dealer lots

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm right there with you.....a few years will go by and Mr. Depreciation will help us out. Most viper owners don't drive them that much.....so there's going to be a multitude of gen v's with low miles just waiting for both of us in a few years.......

That said, I've seen one Adrenaline Red in traffic already--and I was salivating :) :)

i still prefer "fums" or "frooms"
the gen v deal for me, as cool as it would be,......would delay my ability to retire before i become a skeleton.
If i were 10 years younger, the cops would already be hassling me.

I may do like some other guys, and wait for the used market....to get one after the depreciation takes it's toll.

The car does have the "i gotta have it" factor.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the guys buying optioned out GTS aren't going to get hit too bad in depreciation - but I have a feeling they will be feeling it the worst.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still prefer "fums" or "frooms"

The gen V deal for me, as cool as it would be,......would delay my ability to retire before I become a skeleton.
If I were 10 years younger, the cops would already be hassling me.

The car does have the "I gotta have it" factor.

Couldn't have said this better myself.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the guys buying optioned out GTS aren't going to get hit too bad in depreciation - but I have a feeling they will be feeling it the worst.
Yeah, you know it seems that once the car is used, it doesn't matter how much extra the extra crap costs, it doesn't retain more value because of some nice feature the original guy ordered. There will be two used price levels, SRT and GTS,.....that's it.
Probably the only thing that helps retain any value is not driving it.
So........my current Viper (which I bought new, -from the said 'dealer').........is almost worth nothing, as I am enjoying it a lot.

Cup of coffee................$3.00
Dinner for two at the café..................$42.00
2006 Dodge Viper..............$90,000.00

Experiences of a lifetime while the car value plummets.....................$ priceless. :drive:

:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth