Desperate - What Kind of Bolt (Tool needed)

Machtwo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
My 96 Viper GTS was modified by Heffner in 2003 - added supercharger and stuff.
I need to get at the water pump (not a surprise) and the cross-support and supercharger mounting all use the kind of bolt pictured below.
First thought is an External Torx. So I bought a set. The E-torx have much fewer ridges (6 lobes) than the bolt head. The E-14 size is too small, the E-16 too large (slips). I would think E-15, but I can't find that size anywhere (if that is even correct). Ask Heffner? Well they have ghosted me ever since I started asking about details on the modifications they performed.
Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks like a standard 12 point to me, have you tried one of those? I don't think ARP makes torx head bolts, though maybe they do them special.

OP
OP
Machtwo

Machtwo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh, my bad ... yup a 12 point socket fits. I've never seen a 12-point bolt head. I always thought 12 point sockets were just to increase positioning on a typical 6-side bolt. Live & learn. Thanks.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an AN/NAS bolt. Smaller/lighter wrenching head with precision ground bearing surface underneath.

With a handle of Machtwo, one might naturally expect that you've seen a lot of them.