Deviled egg competition ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck "the viper wizard" tator has some serious competition with the new gunslinger vipertony around town now.

i was lucky enough to con tony into cooking dinner for me this week. he went out of his way and made some killer deviled eggs. with these fresh in my head vipertony deviled eggs, i think they "could" be the best EVER. but its been a LOOOOONG time since i had any of chucks. but its possible. chuck has made some dang good eggs in his day though. but is chucks time up now on this ???

im not saying it should be a club sponsored event, but I / WE need to settle this.

Tony says "ya know, he's pretty good at wrenching and tator used to make OK deviled eggs but MINE are SOOOOOOOO much better" vipertony may have even thrown a few jabs in about chuck "needing bacon to kick up his recipe a notch" but im not sure.....

tator asked me the next day "if i had to try and get them down to be nice and not hurt vipertonys feelings"

granted, the last sample i got from tator WAS a chocolate deviled egg so chuck gets some serious points for that. here is chucks last sample......
You must be registered for see images

and now here is the contender (vipertony) who is the most recent by the way....lol points for that.
You must be registered for see images

I ask the question if chuck "the viper wizard" tator even makes deviled eggs anymore ? who knows, maybe he retired from it ? maybe he heard tony "The deviled egg wizard" was in town and ran for cover ?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL @ Phil...you're going to get me into trouble with the Wizard. :D I don't get into all of that fancy presentation non-sense, I just love great tasting food. Usually the fancy-stuff is to cover up bad cooking. :omg: But it wouldn't be fair to have deviled egg contest.......that is it wouldn't be fair to Chuck. :smirk:

I apologize Phil, I only had about 45 minutes to get your eggs together (as well as the marinated flank steak & Prawn surf/turf over grilled Romaine with my aioli dressing) otherwise I would've made my "A" game deviled eggs. :2tu: Hey, my pleasure having you over.

(Yeah, I know...I'm going to hell in a hand basket on this one :D)

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOW you're saying you didnt even bring the "A" game ? dang tony, you really are bashing tators eggs arent ya ?.....:)

thanks again for dinner, next time im buying !

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one way to settle this.
Tator tech session/deviled egg challenge event.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but then tator can say he was distracted and couldn't put all his focus on making his best eggs.....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See what did I tell you! :flush: :crying: :lmao:

:D How could I possibly stay away from friendly food competition especially when it's about deviled eggs. I was just trying to give you a false sense of security. :lmao: I'm in! Name the time and place old man. ;)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell it to the judge.

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell it to the judge.

Hmm...not only did I tell it to the judge but the judge tasted it for himself Monday night at my house. He loved my deviled eggs so much he's now torn between Chuck and myself...hence why the judge started this thread. :D See post #1.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...not only did I tell it to the judge but the judge tasted it for himself Monday night at my house. He loved my deviled eggs so much he's now torn between Chuck and myself...hence why the judge started this thread. :D See post #1.

He's no judge (though he spends an inordinate amount of time in front of several). He's an deviled egg glutton! Notice how he's never seen without an ENTIRE TRAY of eggs! I CAN eat just a few...for the PURE sake of judgepersonship.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's no judge (though he spends an inordinate amount of time in front of several). He's an deviled egg glutton! Notice how he's never seen without an ENTIRE TRAY of eggs! I CAN eat just a few...for the PURE sake of judgepersonship.

Scott, I admire your selflessness in making the sacrifice of forcing yourself to eat a few deviled eggs so we can determine a winner. You are a gentlemen and a scholar, the wind beneath wings. :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole thread is a hoot~! (Oh, wrong bird :omg:)
LOVIN' the pics of Phil and remembering he had to be tied to a chair with DUCT TAPE before Mike & I arrived for one of Chuck's Tech Sessions, just to SAVE us a mere few. (THANK YOU all the rest of you guys for doing that~! ;) :lmao:)~~I know what Chuck's secret is for his deviled eggs~~YUM! Have not tasted Tony's food, but DANG his menus always are mouth-watering. An egg-off...next tech session...be there or be egg-stracized!!! :eater::eater:
~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, I admire your selflessness in making the sacrifice of forcing yourself to eat a few deviled eggs so we can determine a winner. You are a gentlemen and a scholar, the wind beneath wings. :2tu:

I am grateful for that aknowledgement, Mr. T. Note that it takes quite a "squall" to keep my wings aloft! :D

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly, Chuck has gone the extra mile, breaking out the decorative piping bag to apply the seasoned yolk back into the egg white. Viper tony obviously used some kind of spoon type apparatus to just smear in the yolks. So, I'll put it back to you, WHO DOES VIPERTONY THINK HE IS? ...I mean really! Presentation counts!:lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly, Chuck has gone the extra mile, breaking out the decorative piping bag to apply the seasoned yolk back into the egg white.

Piping bags are overrated but if Chuck needs that crutch that's OK by me. :2tu:

:D:D:D

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol@ya'll

Tony's were so god he didnt NEED schmuutz to jazz them up like tator obviously used to....notice i said USED TO. its been a long time since chuck even made them i bet, he's gotta be pretty rusty at this point.

Tony didnt even have any bacon on them and they rocked. he did warn me the the bacon topped ones are MUCH better.

im afraid its not looking good for the Viper wizard at this point. we'll have to see what he can pull out of his bag of tricks

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what do you think the max MPH a deviled egg could sustain after being thrown from a speeding Viper without disintegrating in mid air?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what do you think the max MPH a deviled egg could sustain after being thrown from a speeding Viper without disintegrating in mid air?

Why throw it from a speeding Viper? Makes no sense at all, what DOES make sense is to eat it so that you can save on 'gas' :dunno: Economic crisis and all..

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so eggs-citing, I can hardly wait! It would be an eggs-traspecial VCA event. We could have a box and we all vote, only one vote each, and put it in the box and the judge could count them. The Eggtreme deviled egg contest. The devils in the details. Ok, I know everyone is sick of this my humor already. I'll stop here.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i spoke to tator today, he said he will go all out and put tony in his place....but i did hear a little bit of fear in his voice. i think vipertony has tator skeered

when is this eggstravaganza gonna happen ?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i spoke to tator today, he said he will go all out and put tony in his place....but i did hear a little bit of fear in his voice. i think vipertony has tator skeered

when is this eggstravaganza gonna happen ?

The World will stop spinning first! :doh3: Tony :mow:
Hone your creative skills, Buddy! This years "Tator's Tech Season" is now titled "D.Eggsseason"! [hint, three flavors :D ]

Plum, If you persist, we will have to enable restrictions just like health care on you! :nunu:

quote-gb66gth
" Clearly, Chuck has gone the extra mile, breaking out the decorative piping bag to apply the seasoned yolk back into the egg white. Viper tony obviously used some kind of spoon type apparatus to just smear in the yolks. So, I'll put it back to you, WHO DOES VIPERTONY THINK HE IS? ...I mean really! Presentation counts!:lmao:"

Hey Tony.........:mow:

O'Ya, Tony :mow: