Diamondback hoods are back!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my OE hood shipped to Texas from Scharf it was $650 including the crate.

This, along with the added cost of painting one of these puppies, and the costs could be substantial. Just something to think about before someone slaps down the initial $5995. Hood looks great though!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the best I can do...
Ok, I dont want to derail this thread, but you have my attention............. I'm really interested in what's happening UNDER that hood!

The car is going through some changes and the more aggressive D-back hood will work just fine for what I am wanting to do...

FWIW.. The water cooled, KB 3.6 blower WILL fit under this hood....:D

That thing looks like a monster! I want to know what's going on under that hood!!!!!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car is going through some changes and the more aggressive D-back hood will work just fine for what I am wanting to do...

Hey Mike,

You scared to drive her now?

LOL

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, why only available 30 days?

Hey Tony,

Its a promo I came up with with Roger, I would not be surprised if we see some action on these if it can be an everyday price, but it all equates to volume. If we can see a higher demand, we can get the resin in 55 gallon drums instead of 5 gallon jugs at a lower cost per gallon, and that helps bring the cost to where it can be an everyday price.

Things look very promising with how this thread is going and I would love to see more of these hoods out there, hell it may make the Gen 5 guys jealous when they see these...

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't think the Whipple will fit...

I have discussed this and many other things with Roger and an option is, if the buyer wanted to fit a bigger blower under the hood, Roger is willing to make a special center "bulge" so to speak that will increase the height of the hood over where a big A$$ blower would fit, we would have to look before we leap as we have to make sure nothing structural is in the way, but we are open to discussion and dialog on the matter

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't think the Whipple will fit...

Made a clay model in same dimensions of of 3.6 Kenne Bell. Set on intake and closed the hood....:dunno:

It will require a custom "snout" on front. I can make this snout in any length needed to fit since I plan to mount the blower to a new center mounting plate on a ported Roe intake. This set up will use a single throttle body on the rear of the blower with a custom intake that will p/u air at the cowl.
This should increase air flow quite a bit as I will be removing the 180* bend (plus tubing) from rear of blower to throttle bodies in front.

Hope to finish this Winter....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony,

Its a promo I came up with with Roger, I would not be surprised if we see some action on these if it can be an everyday price, but it all equates to volume. If we can see a higher demand, we can get the resin in 55 gallon drums instead of 5 gallon jugs at a lower cost per gallon, and that helps bring the cost to where it can be an everyday price.

Things look very promising with how this thread is going and I would love to see more of these hoods out there, hell it may make the Gen 5 guys jealous when they see these...

I understand. I thought the hoods were only available for 30 days or something. The promo price is available for 30 days but the hoods will be available perhaps other pricing after 30 days. With no new GenII hoods coming out of Mopar and with the VPA sitting on GenII hood molds/tooling with no immediate plans I would think the Diamond back hoods would be a great alternative to the GenII person that damages their OEM hood beyond reasonable repair. Good luck with it. I'd love one but I have other priorities at the moment. :D

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks great... Thanks much

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of these being made/produced without the Star Trek Bajoran nose look (vented center) to the hood? Otherwise, I like it. Maybe these can be made with, and without?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm being honest. Mike and I had the same issues with our Diamondback hoods. I am not sure if anything has been modified or not?. Had to do modifications around the headlights also, Mike's looks better than mine so now I am jealous lol. I am not knocking the hood, I love mine, but I do wish my gap was smaller, my stock hood looked perfect. Roger is an awesome guy do deal with and worked with me on some of these issues,so I would do business with him again as I think he is a stand up guy. But like I said, I definitely have a decent gap above my headlight area and corner, but I deal with it because I love this hood over a stock hood look anyday. Just my opinion though. .
Had to literally reshape the headlight openings of fascia to get this close....:rolleyes:

Didn't really like the driving lights in fascia either. Tinting helped...a little.
I think they take away from the lines of the fascia and especially the hood.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the price on these hoods and do they need any modification to fit correctly? How much heavier than stock are these hood?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the price on these hoods and do they need any modification to fit correctly? How much heavier than stock are these hood?

They are $5995.00 plus shipping, shipping is usually around $600 or so, but it depends on where you live. I believe they weigh just a little less than stock but there is a point where unless the materials are different (lightweight carbon construction, lighter would not be better.

If you look at most Gen 2 hoods, especially around the headlights and the point where the hood comes close to the fascia on the outsides, beside the headlights most viper hoods are all different, this is where the guys at the factory made a lot of running changes to make the hoods look like they fit, with Vipers being stock welded steel frame cars that then have everything else bolted and glued on after that there is always adjustments that need to be made, hence why the viper uses so many shims and the bumpers are made of rubber. I will talk with Roger and see if we can add some material in the areas such as this is that we end up requiring your body shop to sand material away to get a tight fit versus trying to add material

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21