Diamondback hoods are back!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipair performance now through an exclusive arrangement with US Exotics

Bring to you the DiamondBack Hoods for Gen 1 and Gen 2

Now available for the next 30 days at $5995.00 plus shipping

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]"The Diamondback hood is a direct bolt-on replacement, requiring no hood pins, fabrication or any tricks at all. The body lines of the hood are actually much different from the factory hood design, with the center cowl section being raised up an additional 2 inches along with the peaks above the wheel-wells, also raised 2 inches. This was done to eliminate the flat look of the OEM version and balance the car out a bit more from front to back, giving it more prominent mass towards the front end of the car. This hood also incorporates a totally unique side and center vent layout, all of which are fully functional and pre-cut. The side vents work exactly like the original GTS style hood feeding cool air into the wheel wells for brake-cooling purposes. The center vents serve heat extraction duties from the intake and headers. Incorporated into the design is also a functional and finished underside that plumbs moisture away from your intake to prevent water drainage from becoming an issue during rain, washing, etc., but allowing for optimal heat extraction from the motor at the same time. All of our products are hand-laid, not chopped glass or closed molded. The Diamond back hood, once fully assembled, gets completely post-cured, block-sanded, and primed here at our shop so that when it arrives to you it will be ready for the paint shop, without requiring much more than basic paint prep. Because of our preparation methods, you'll never have to be concerned with any kind of rippling, print-through, or warping. Please feel free to inquire about shipping quotes by sending us your zipcode.[/FONT]

Here are some pics of some happy customer installations

Diamondback_0591.jpg

Diamondback_0371.jpg

DSC022591.JPG

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow........I'd so trade my factory hood for that (if it fit properly)

Throw your factory hood on EBAY, these hoods fit great,

the only time they look like they don't is when they are with the Autoform Lemans fascia, which fits bad no matter what hood you have...

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wait, wait.....OEM hoods are, what, $14,000 + or - ?

How is this only $6,000?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like everything about the look of that hood except the center vents. I really like how the side vents blend in better then the OEM and the center of the hood being raised 2" makes it look a lot more aggressive.
I wish i was in a better place to spend that kind of money.
Is anyone looking for a stock hood???

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory hoods are $5K from Scharf. Everyday price. Not $14K. Or $19.8K from Mopar. Just bought one from Scharf so it is for real.

Hood looks good Steve. I'm just looking forward to getting my car back from RSI, and will have to let this mod marinate.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here I go again with "how much is the shipping"? Another $5995? :smirk:

Shipping costs are dependent on where you live and if you can take delivery at a business address versus a home address. Most trucking companies charge a $75 to $100 premium just to deliver to a house, mainly because they have harder time getting people at home to take delivery, no dock or help, if you need a power tailgate it can add another $50 to $100 so it is always best to pick your body shop in advance and make sure delivery can be to their location versus your house. getting a massive crate to the body shop will be a pain for you as well so this is pretty good advice all around.

Shipping to a USA location, (dependant on where you are can range from $250 to $600 to $900 , it all depends, the hoods originate in Gettysburg, so if you need a ship quote just send me your address and I will try my best to get you a definitive answer

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Another angle.
Unless changes have been made, the underneath view of my hood above is with the "drip pan" removed from the bottom of vents to allow max ventilation of the blower. It did not come that way as Roger didn't want water to enter the vents and flow directly onto the motor/accessories.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks real nice from the pics. I'd love to see in person

Can they use the same mold and lay it in a thinner shell of carbon fiber instead of fiberglass?

If yes, how much lighter would it be and what would be the cost?

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dom4 26H are you going to the 'Tower' lunch this weekend in Bel Air? if so you will be very close to my house (15min) my car will not be there as my motor is still at the machine shop but you are welcome to come look at it... My hood is off the car at the moment, so if you want to see the fit you'll have to wait. But if you would like to see one in person before or after I put my car back together you're more than welcome.
Kevin

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw your factory hood on EBAY, these hoods fit great,

the only time they look like they don't is when they are with the Autoform Lemans fascia, which fits bad no matter what hood you have...

Had to literally reshape the headlight openings of fascia to get this close....:rolleyes:

Didn't really like the driving lights in fascia either. Tinting helped...a little.
I think they take away from the lines of the fascia and especially the hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks real nice from the pics. I'd love to see in person

Can they use the same mold and lay it in a thinner shell of carbon fiber instead of fiberglass?

If yes, how much lighter would it be and what would be the cost?

I just had a carbon talk with Roger yesterday and we are sharing sources for light weight componentry (if that is a word, LOL)

There is "pretty carbon" as I call it, where you see the twill through a nice clear coat and then there is the type like my comp coupe had which was a carbon layup but with a primer colored gel coat, naturally pretty is more expensive and way harder to do, (if you have ever played with a piece of carbon fiber cloth you will know why, as the twill pattern is easy to distort and then if you screw it up nobody want the part, so back to go without collecting $200.

Which style were you thinking of?

The other option is to use Fiberglass cloth and the same light weight stuff (honeycomb), its just a matter of using compatible resin systems with the honeycomb

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to literally reshape the headlight openings of fascia to get this close....:rolleyes:

Didn't really like the driving lights in fascia either. Tinting helped...a little.

I hear ya on that!

I paid $2K for my Lemans fascia when I got mine for my 2000 GTS and then it cost me $3K to paint with all the bodywork required, but then I believe that the fascia, (outside of the little fog light nostrils which I have to hand it to Autoform look incredibly nice) was a direct copy made from a GTS-R fascia so it was never really made to fit a GTS from the get go as the GTSR was wider and the bumper/fascia was shorter. Looks great none the less!

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That looks great.
Id love a pic from behind the wheel to see how that looks...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great.
Id love a pic from behind the wheel to see how that looks...

Unfortunately, this is the best I can do...

The car is going through some changes and the more aggressive D-back hood will work just fine for what I am wanting to do...

FWIW.. The water cooled, KB 3.6 blower WILL fit under this hood....:D