Did anyone else remove their sun visors?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to put the top down a little bit lately and could not stand how ugly the sun visors look. They stick up so high when the top is off they look like eye lids. It really annoyed me so i just unscrewed both and it looks much better without them. I never used them anyway since when i put it down it pretty much blocked my whole view of the road anyway. Anyone else remove theirs?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine were off when I bought the car and put them on to see how they looked and I've found they hold my garage door opener as well as block the sun.
I've left them on for now, but the car does look better with them off.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like them-

I like them on- they help cool you off if you position them a certain way. But they flop down at aro 50mph, what a pain in the butt, how can I get them to stay up??

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I like them-

I removed them and now I do not get any wind blowing around inside. A side benifit is that that interior is not sucking in stinky exhaust from cars in front of me anymore.

Robbie

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper visor holder upper available from Wind Baffle. Usually post under supplier specials.

LOL which looks like complete [******]...the visors hold up fine as is

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh wow, i thought i was one of the only few. Never realized so many others took them off. I guess thats why they made them so easy to remove.

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. The drivers side is useless as a sun visor (not sure for the passenger side as I've only driven the snake), but was very useful blocking out the heat with the top down. I drove from Phoenix to Palm Springs 2 weeks ago in 110 degree heat. Visors stayed up even at 100mph. When I pulled them down the heat came streaming in over the windshield at any speed. Not to bad of a drive with the great air conditioner.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. they do a great job of deflecting cool air in the cabin when driving with the top down. otherwise they are useless.

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they are very effective at helping to cool you off by redirecting airflow, acutally more effective at that than being sun visors!
Ditto, mine stay on.
CB

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remove mine every summer since in my RT/10 they flop in the wind at higher speeds. Around 70MPH+ they move too much so I just remove them. I put them back in the winter since the sun is strong then and the top is always on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960