Did I screw up?

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the following on my SRT: K&N filters, belanger headers and exhaust (no crossover), and 3:55 Gears.

I saw some post about the B&B yielding consistently more horsepower. Is this accurate?? Should I have gotten the B&B????

ALSO, the noise level or drone is just unbearable. Anyone put the crossover back in after installing this system? Is the heat bad again???? Is the B&B quieter??

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UG, based on my own limited experience:

(1) The package below in my signature and K&N yielded 460 RWHP and 490 RWTQ (I didn't do the "before" dyno, so I don't know what I really gained), and all of the well-informed folks around me and on this board seem to think SRT-10's don't really gain much from bolt-on mods;
(2) Only exhaust without the drone is Corsa (w/ or w/o crossover); and
(3) The source of the heat (at least by your feet) is from the stock cats; you need to replace the four cats with two high-flows or delete them all together.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey ug

You left tators b/f I had a chance to let you hear my exhaust on my old silver srt. Let me tell you its the best 300 bucks that I spent with no drone. I already did the mamba and it even shoots flames. omg

anyways I am going in for the btr nos install this weekend and before and after dyno #'s

pm me and we can meet up to hear each others exhaust's in west/ putnam

vd..

OP
OP
U

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have the High flow cats. I got rid of the four cats. Heat NOT a problem now, but I'm wondering if I add the crossover will the heat come back a little, a lot, or in the middle.

Also wanted to know if I made a "mistake" by choosing the belanger over the B&B. Are the gains with the B&B that much more??? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and has anyone had the belanger WITHOUT the crossover and then INSTALLED the crossover later? Does it quiet the car down???

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
rayven

same as the pics here
http://visionsofspeed.net/custpics/04viper/
this is my new mamba. I saved the big bucks for the btr nos/propane setup thats going in this sat, and a vec 2 as well. I have heard different header/ exhaust setups and am not impressed at all.(hp gains only) I can't see spending $5,000 for the new step header and exhaust setup to m a y b e gain 50 rwhp when you probally do that with just a vec2 for $998 and make the car sound the same or close to it for an extra $300 in mufflers and cat sims. I will get a 200rwhp gain with nos/propane and still have $1500 left over and go mid 10's on street tires.

But thats just me and in no way am I taking anything away from guys who put these on their cars its just that I like to see big gains for big bucks.

vd..

If the install goes smooth I will post pics, vids and dyno sheets soon

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper d

i was thinkin of goin with nos as well but from west coast because they are closer to me... so results would be appreciated

also, whats a vec2? i think this has been asked before... sorry if it has...

thanks

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in putnam county.

V O S just got a real mustang dyno.

vd..
apparently they have cleaned up their act a bit then....i used to hang out down there with those guys around when they first opened...had some bad experiences with them, and havnt been back in over a year....

Anthony

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They just spent $40k on a dyno and I can tell you that they do what they say they will do. They had the biggest display of vos cars at the dutchess stadium show, bigger than any tuner there. I trust them with my 100k viper. Its almost done. I will start a tread next week with pics, Its going to be insane. RED Powercoating polishing gauge pods in carbon fiber, nos, propane, exhaust, vec2 (1st one ever in a srt viper) and ???????????

I will be hunting that svt guy that talks smack.

what happened btw you and them?

vd..

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper D: Don't know, might have met you at Tators. I was there, left around 1:00. I live over by Hudson Valley Hospital; Cortlandt Manor.

You didn't go to the New England car show a couple of weeks ago, did you?

Andrew

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
andrew

I didn't go to the new england car show. if you ever head out to putnam of dutchess co let me know, we can hook up.

sometime soon i will be setting up a viper dyno day in poughkeepsie

vd..

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the following on my SRT: K&N filters, belanger headers and exhaust (no crossover), and 3:55 Gears.

I saw some post about the B&B yielding consistently more horsepower. Is this accurate?? Should I have gotten the B&B????

ALSO, the noise level or drone is just unbearable. Anyone put the crossover back in after installing this system? Is the heat bad again???? Is the B&B quieter??
I got a chance to drive this car this past thursday night and I simply have to say that Greg you are a ***** !!! The car is gorgeous, and sounds awesome!! Not loud @ all, not even close to being loud even cruising ~ 1500-2500rpms. *** are you smoking Greg, cause it's good $hit and you need to pass it this way lol :p One thing I did notice, it was toooooooo slow for me, I wonder why ;) Anoyone looking to buy one of the sweetest SRt10s you need to check out this car!!

Mike :headbang:

OP
OP
U

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must admit, I drove it today and for some reason it does not seem nearly as loud as it did. I remember seeing something about the car quieting down after a few hundred miles - never believed that could happen but it seems as though it's true. F-you Mike!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper