Did you buy your Viper sight unseen?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine sight unseen and had the option to send it back without question. As mentioned by Aperugini, while I am happy with the outcome, it was a bit of a gamble and the dealer could have been more upfront about the car. Dont take me wrong, my car was in near perfect condition but the dealer seemed to "overlook" a few minor rock chips and a small spider crack in the bumper. I asked them several times regarding the condition and they said perfect. While it was near perfect, it was not perfect. IN the end becareful since you inevitably are dealing with a salesman.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 02 without physically looking at it myself.
I has 3 different VCA members look at the car at different times, and the owner sent me about 100 hi-resolution pictures of specific areas of the car along with my specific questions about the specific areas of the car.
When it was delivered, it was in as good if not better condition than I thought it would be, and I am very picky.

I am in the process of doing it all over again on a GEN3.....LOL!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought 2 Vipers and went over both of them as much as possible considering each circumstance and access I had to equipment, documentation, etc. at the time. For the future, now that I know the cars and the reputations of some of the dealers and people on this forum, I would be more inclined to buy sight unseen from a particlar few.

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought Paul Scharf's personal GTS with a salvage title sight unseen, I can't be more pleased and would do it again, that was nearly 4 years and 25,000 miles ago.

Abq Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought two VIPERS sight unseen. The lastest (last year I bought a 2002 GTS) was done in conjunction with the Ohio Viper Club going to look at it (I live in New Mexico), and with the help of Gary Almond to coordinate delivery of the check if all was as it was reported to be.
It went flawless both times.

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased a Jag XJS-V12 out of Florida via EBay, trucked it in, met expectations. Bought my 99 RT via Ebay out of Dallas, drove down with a check, exceeded expectations, drove it home. Two for two, but I think your odds of success are much better with higher end cars than a 10-20k average vehicle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte