different brand of headers and HP/TQ gains

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crap...ihave a 98. how do i know which i have. all i see are heat shields

Your 98 should have tubular headers, lots lighter than the cast manifolds. On the gains, the 96-99 cars seem to pickup more HP due to the camshaft profile. Also, if you add into the mix, straight thru exhaust(no cats) 1.7 RR, you will see that 50HP increase. Just headers alone wont achieve the big gains.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers & RR's are one of the most expensive cost per HP mods you can do for the Viper. If you want a good bang for the buck upgrade, the do rear gears. 3.55 or 3.73's will give you a great SOTP feeling at 1/3 of the cost. On our race cars we originally had the stock tubular headers, we added full stepped race headers and only got about 17 additional HP. Big bucks, for HP I couldn't even feel.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is that the intake mani on these cars ***** so bad it almost doesn't matter what you do to the exhaust. If we could get a good intake mani I bet you would see 20-30rwhp. The issue though is hood clearance, simply not enough room under it for a good intake mani. You would need a custom hood or a dry sump and lower the engine down or better yet a combo of both. But that wouldn't be economically smart as at that point a bolt-on SC would cost the same or less. So, we are basically stuck making ****ty power N/A(unless you want to spend big $$$$) or going boosted.

Not certain why you believe the intake is problematic, in fact I've heard nothing but positive things about it from many engine builders. I asked Jeff Morys why he didn't have an intake package to go along with the Striker heads, and he said most units they tested were not nearly as good as the factory unit. My car makes plenty of NA power on a completely stock manifold and throttle body package.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 Gen 2 with Balanger headers, 3" in/out Randomtech high flow cats and a 3" catback dynoed on the same Dyno I got +25 RWHP to 434 RWHP and +40 RWTQ to 474 RWTQ.