Direct Lift brand lift for Vipers

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a "Direct Lift" four post lift for my home garage and was curious if anyone has used one of these. It is designed for lifting one car and parking another below. I've actually seen one in action at Street Dreams auto sales in Houston while vacationing this week. Open to suggestions if another brand is recommended! Garage ceiling height is a concern, but the Viper's low profile should make it possible.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much? Most bought during the Completehydraulics buy. They charged $1600 plus shipping and I am completely satisfied with mine. www.completehydraulic.com. Call tehm and tell them you are buying for your Viper and just missed the group buy. Ask for the geoup buy price.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Pro Park 7 Direct Lift bought from Greg Smith Lifts: Here is the link:

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=28

I'm happy with mine, and the customer service at Greg Smith's is excellent. Even though the reps at Greg Smith's said there was no need to bolt it down, I found it to be not as sturdy as I wanted when a car was on it, and the lift was up, so I bolted it down, and I highly recommend it. It's fairly easy to "un-bolt" and "re-bolt" if you ever wanted to utilize the casters, however if you wanted to use the casters all the time, you might want to look at a lift such as Revolution, or the Perfect Park 7, as their posts are much thicker in diameter, and are sturdy enough without having to bolt them down. You can click on my avatar for a closer look at the lift.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much? Most bought during the Completehydraulics buy. They charged $1600 plus shipping and I am completely satisfied with mine. www.completehydraulic.com. Call tehm and tell them you are buying for your Viper and just missed the group buy. Ask for the geoup buy price.

I am with you 100% also very happy with them

640008-06-05_2309-med.jpg

vd..

OP
OP
R

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and feedback. Greg Smith is offering the Pro 7 for 1795.00 with a bunch of accessories. I think that is the way I'm going to go. Bolting it to the floor is definitely a better way to sleep at night. The casters with a car on it and one below is scary! Thanks for all the input.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful!

Direct Lift is a distributor of a Chinese made lift...have heard of problems with them...

I would recommend going with an American Made lift, a little more money but longer warranty and much higher quality construction, here's my favorite:

http://www.aclift.com/

-J

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Complete Hydraulic lift American made? They don't tout it as such on their website so I'm guessing not.

They quote 92" (7.8') between posts. Anyone find that kind of tight to drive the Viper between?

Do any of these have a safety catch that would engage if the cable would break while the car is being either raised or lowered? Thanks,

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful!

Direct Lift is a distributor of a Chinese made lift...have heard of problems with them...

I would recommend going with an American Made lift, a little more money but longer warranty and much higher quality construction, here's my favorite:

http://www.aclift.com/

-J

the American Made lift is only rated @ 7000. The complete lift is 8000lbs

vd..

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up with a Revolution Lift.

You must be registered for see images

Jerry's lift:

You must be registered for see images

I liked the additional safety features and the fact that all the mechanism is inside the column (no external pinch points). It weighed a lot more than the other lifts I looked at with its huge 5" x 7" columns.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the Revolution as well on the group buy...
Trust me, I dont have lots of money to burn, but I couldnt see myself standing under a "cheap" lift...

Cheers,

OP
OP
R

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the "Direct Lift" before some of the last posts. Must admit, it is already installed with the Viper in the air, and I'm very satified with the construction and performace. I looked at one of these being used in a commercial environment on a daily basis and the owner was happy with it. It's rated for 7K. Assembly was easy and straight forward, but definitely not a one man job. Thank goodness I had chain falls in the garage for unloading it and assisting it the ramp installation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness