Do VCA Vendors Give 15% Discounts on Parts?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as I consider the next thing to do to my RT. Was wondering if VCA vendors give 15% discounts on parts and, if so, who...my impression is that it isn't done by all. Since this is my third year as a Venom member, thought I'd at least look into it.

Thanks.:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose, Plum, but haven't really bought parts from him. Clearly, his work is first rate and his pricing is more than fair. I was just curious about other vendors, when and if I buy parts.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer here in redneck central gives me 20% off list. Now, I don't mind supporting the gearheads here at forum xyz, but gimme a break, I get it the next day at 07:30 and tax versus shipping cancels the additional wait and potential damage claim.

You're only getting 15% :dunno:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is true, good point Dave! Again, it was just a curiosity more than anything else.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer here in redneck central gives me 20% off list. Now, I don't mind supporting the gearheads here at forum xyz, but gimme a break, I get it the next day at 07:30 and tax versus shipping cancels the additional wait and potential damage claim.

You're only getting 15% :dunno:

The one in Cleburne? He mentioned you when I went to get an oil filter for mine. Burleson Lube and Oil knew you as well as one of the customers in there. :D You seem to be known all over town!:omg:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question it depends on the vendor. Each offers something a little different. Why would you think there is a standard 15%?

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one in Cleburne? He mentioned you when I went to get an oil filter for mine. Burleson Lube and Oil knew you as well as one of the customers in there. :D You seem to be known all over town!:omg:

Who's your daddy :rolaugh:

On a more technical note, Mike, my office is scross the street from them if you ever want to save the beautiful drive down 174 to pick up parts.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that is what it said you get when upgrading to Venom level. Not that I care all that much, but if you can get a discount for the same part carried by someone else, why not use it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I walked into the dealer and said I can buy these parts from you for 20% off, or I can buy them from someone else for 20% off. They're pretty smart for rednecks. Pretty easy business relationship to establish.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, I totally support Chuck and his is the only shop to touch my car. I go with all his recommendations, but there are times when I buy the parts at his suggestion.

Listen, I was only curious about it...honestly, I don't care and at this point, realize I just shouldn't have bothered posting the question. I could have just called Chuck and he would have told me...sometimes, I just like posting questions on here.

So, for me, I'm outta this thread:eater:!