Do Vipers Attract Tailgaters and Aggressive Drivers?

Do Vipers Attract Tailgaters and Aggressive Drivers?

• Yes

Votes: 126 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
R

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that viewed and responded to this poll. I think the results speak for themselves and are very convincing. 100 people voted yes and only 8 disagreed with the premise that Vipers attract tailgaters and aggressive drivers. There you have it directly from ViperNation. :drive:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the 8 people who disagreed with "Do Vipers attract tailgaters" are, coincidentally, the same 8 people who could not point out where their rearview mirrors were inside the vehicle
;):rolaugh:

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it the most troublesome when I'm hauling the GTS to the track on an open trailer. I usually run the outside or middle lane at reasonable speeds. People will always rush thru traffic to get close, then they'll pull abreast of the trailer and gawk, not paying attention to the traffic dynamics around them. I'll invariably close on slower cars and need to move to the passing lane, which is effectively blocked by the gawkers. I always signal way ahead, but most times they're so focused on the car that they are oblivious. The only thing I can do to to wake them up is to start drifting left to begin the overtake I'm engaged in. Pretty soon, the gawkers get the message and slow down so I can continue my driving.

I can certainly relate to that Dean, Remember when I met you at TWS for the Viperdays Finals in 2002? The only thing worse then towing one Viper is 2 vipers being towed in a mini caravan. John Dearing and I towed our cars from Los Angeles, Ca. to College Station, Tx. on open trailers and we were swarmed. I chocked it up to there only being Gen Is and Gen IIs at the time so they were a lot more rare :rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc