Do you get sick and tired of...

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People telling you not to wreck your Viper, making references to wrecked Vipers, asking you if you wrecked your Viper, sending you photos of wrecked Vipers?

Sh*t, this is as bad as having a sportbike when everyone makes references to donor-cycles, and tells me about their brother's cousin's uncle who was hurt on his bike... and the ultimate "I could never own one of those, I'd hurt myself".

I'm getting tired of hearing this crapola!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People telling you not to wreck your Viper, making references to wrecked Vipers, asking you if you wrecked your Viper, sending you photos of wrecked Vipers?

Sh*t, this is as bad as having a sportbike when everyone makes references to donor-cycles, and tells me about their brother's cousin's uncle who was hurt on his bike... and the ultimate "I could never own one of those, I'd hurt myself".

quoted for future use

OP
OP
J

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL

Sorry guys... I was venting. I've gotten this crud every day from someone or another at work. Ridiculous!

Anyway, never mind me LOL

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually hear, "omg you must be rich" or "***** gas doesn't it?", "get any tickets?", "How fast do you go?", "how many woman you pullin in?", "Must **** having a small dingaling!", "Do a burnout! Gun it!" But never anything about wrecking.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Ricer once stated how he didnt understand how i could handle all that power in a rear drive car... priceless!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was showing a co-worker my car on youtube since he didn't believe me. Another guy walked in and saw it and was all, "Viper, pfft those things can only go straight." He is all about japanese cars and drifting, he was stationed there and going back soon.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we here tell noobs that, then let men (and some women) be men (women)

but i get the bike thing all the time (thus no bike......for now)

:drive:

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had people warn me to be careful, don't wreck your Viper. There all jealous, and know they would crash if they had a chance to drive it ,no one drives my Viper. Only rides ! Now shut up and hold on.

OP
OP
J

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we here tell noobs that, then let men (and some women) be men (women)

:drive:

Right. Don't get me wrong, friendly and INFORMED warnings from Viper owners to new Viper owners are TRULY appreciated (see my post in the sticky). I don't pretend to be anything special behind the wheel of this car and any/all advice from those here is generally taken to heart :)

It is the uninformed... and I was getting tired of the bad vibes from peeps LOL.

OP
OP
J

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was showing a co-worker my car on youtube since he didn't believe me. Another guy walked in and saw it and was all, "Viper, pfft those things can only go straight." He is all about japanese cars and drifting, he was stationed there and going back soon.

While I respect the amount of control required for drifting (I do), I've never really "gotten it". I guess I've spent all my behind-the-wheel hours trying NOT to let the rear slide out because it makes you slower :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually hear, "omg you must be rich" or "***** gas doesn't it?", "get any tickets?", "How fast do you go?", "how many woman you pullin in?", "Must **** having a small dingaling!", "Do a burnout! Gun it!" But never anything about wrecking.

I've heard all the following from people, except what I underlined. :smirk:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well tell your co-worker one of the top cars in the Red Bull Drifting Championship was a SRT10 Viper driven by Kevin Huynh. I forget when this was, but I remember hearing about it. Drift cars in general are normally light to moderate weight rear-wheel-drive coupes and sedans, and the Viper is technically considered one of them. :2tu:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a lot of folks saying how much fun my Viper must be.

Based on my insurance rates, the claim data on Vipers must be very good. I'm paying $490/year 100/250 deductible with max liabilty. A car that is bashed up frequently will reflect that in the rates.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had anybody mention anything about being careful.
I do get the "that must be awful on gas" comment a lot. I just smile and tell them I'm driving the Viper to SAVE gas! It gets a about the same around town as my H2, but any highway driving and the Viper is a LOT better on gas.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should say, "It is hard to keep from crashing when all these women keep flashing their ****** at me."

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have never had this question asked of me or any reference to it.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't really been told yet to be care in my car, but maybe thats because everyone has already said it about me on gixxer.
And i love getting that " I can't own one because i'd hurt myself on a bike." Like they would be riding crazy on it. I usally just laugh and say what ever. Some people just try to hard to ack like a hard ass. I've been riding crotch rockets for over 10 years and haven't hurt my self. (knock on wood)Same goes with the car. If you respect the bike/car's power, you'll be fine. Just me 2cents.

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Drifting is for kids.
As for only going straight, not true. If you don't know how to drive, then curves can be problematic, but that is directly related to inferior driver skill sets. Vipers are not like other cars and require a different technique when driving. Besides, any perceived agility inadequacies in the corners that some may feel Vipers to have, is gratuitously countered by undisputed acceleration.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang