Dodge Super Viper in Viper Magazine

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a peek at Dodge's new "Stealth Viper" in the latest Viper magazine.

625 bhp; carbon fiber; new aero pieces. Looks very nice, although I don't particularly like the grey color.

Didn't mention the projected price. An awesome car, basically a factory direct "tuned" Viper which should mop up just about anything else.

Did anyone else get excited at the prospects?

Kai

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got a peek at Dodge's new "Stealth Viper" in the latest Viper magazine.

625 bhp; carbon fiber; new aero pieces. Looks very nice, although I don't particularly like the grey color.

Didn't mention the projected price. An awesome car, basically a factory direct "tuned" Viper which should mop up just about anything else.

Did anyone else get excited at the prospects?

Kai

I did.Anytime you reduce weight,add H.P.,and make it look different,IM EXCITED!!

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My reaction to seeing the actual car at SEMA was, well, yawn. :rolleyes:

In my opinion they need those hp numbers and performance upgrades in a body that looks like the CC.

:usa: :2tu:

dangerous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone get more info or pictures please post. Just what I'm looking for.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the SRT-10 Carbon introduced last yr at SEMA. I'd be interested on one if made. I have no idea on the price. I'd have to assume at least $100K given the mods.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone get more info or pictures please post. Just what I'm looking for.

Ask and ye shall recieve

You must be registered for see images

THIS IS SICK....Dont know if it'll be production tho....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a photoshop I just did...I think a body colored top looks better...

vs

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the those last 2 pics. I never noticed how the underside of the cowl hood was formed to integrate the induction stacks. Quite nice.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want the hood.
Notice the location of the vents?
I wonder if the relocated vents in the hood would keep less hot air from entering the cockpit?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vents and and the under hood ducting are for the air extractor from the radiator(racing type set up) and the intake looks like cowl induction.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBitten, Right on. Great look with the same color top and wow what wheels, somewhat reminisent of the Halibrand kidneybean wheels of the max wedge era. Man I would buy that carbon concept right now if it were available for around 100k. But I want those wheels too. Who makes those wheels?

eagles

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels on the SEMA version SRT, I think will be aftermarket items supplied by Dodge for the SRT in the SRT catalogue.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few tidbits from this issue of VIPER magazine about this car:

1. Completely new air induction design that has now been patented by DC based on this car. Future Viper material? Would also be killer to be able to buy that hood/intake from Mopar Performance.

2. Wheels ARE available from Dodge today, only not powder coated would be my guess. They are in the Mopar Catalog (www.mopar.com) but do not list a price. They are described as "ultralight, forged aluminum, 5-spoke design for optimum weight reduction and style. Sold individually." Interesting to see they are also selling 3.55 gear sets and a Hurst short throw shifter for the SRT in this catalog.

3. As to production of the SRT-10 Carbon, the closing quote from the article: "So will Dodge build more of them? 'Well that depends on the response,' Gilles said. 'We hope that after the people get a chance to see it in person, there will be a big demand. If that happens, then we may make a case to build some more. In this business you never know.' "

My totally uneducated guess? You will see this car in Dallas at VOI 8 and a very limited run will be produced for around $110,000 (if they can charge $4K for special paint [VCA SRT] then $25K for all this stuff is probably a minimum). Fingers still crossed for a coupe with this engine/intake setup and horsepower...

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto to Y2K3SRT....put the intake, hood, and engine/wheel(in chrome rather than powder coated) mods in a Blue/White SRT coupe. My check book is ready.

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they make this in red for around $100-110k, I would buy it. What is going on with that induction system? Anyone have any guesses from the pictures how it works?

Kai

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this will be one of the "surprises" that the Dodge boys are planning. If the engine makes 625hp, expect a lot more that $100K, though. I bet $115K.
Chevy charges $10K for their ZO6 upgrade. This is much more extensive and I think it'll cost you like a Henn'sy upgrade!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBitten, Right on. Great look with the same color top and wow what wheels, somewhat reminisent of the Halibrand kidneybean wheels of the max wedge era. Man I would buy that carbon concept right now if it were available for around 100k. But I want those wheels too. Who makes those wheels?

eagles

Eagles if you were refering to the wheels I ps'd on the pic I have no idea what rims they are...It was on a sapphire GTS pic I have...Maybe HRE's...How about this for a coupe...Some GTS dna mixed in...

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT IS IT.......

EXACTLY the car I want. DC needs a flood of E-mails and faxes with THIS picture as what we want. Yellow included.

Snakebitten = genious

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this will be one of the "surprises" that the Dodge boys are planning. If the engine makes 625hp, expect a lot more that $100K, though. I bet $115K.
Chevy charges $10K for their ZO6 upgrade. This is much more extensive and I think it'll cost you like a Henn'sy upgrade!

I agree. I was thinking...the SRT has an MSRP of $85K. The engine upgrade alone on this car is worth over $10K. Plus you have the wheels, CF hood, top, trunk and front splitter, seats and other items. I'm guessing conservatively the car would sell for $110K. If they made 50 or so, I'm sure they'd have no problem selling them all.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

eagles

Eagles if you were refering to the wheels I ps'd on the pic I have no idea what rims they are...It was on a sapphire GTS pic I have...Maybe HRE's...How about this for a coupe...Some GTS dna mixed in...

Thats terrific.Excellent job!!!!!!!!!!!!

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
man I would definitly buy that! Geez i'm no fan of yellow but that photo shop SRT-10 coupe looks awesome!!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to have at the MOTOR! an AMAZING 625 bhp with a new intake setup. For this reason alone I see a Recommitted DC focusing their atttention to the Viper brand AND THIS IS A GOOD THING!!