Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the nut under the shifter?

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've gotten french fries pretty far back under the seat, but never managed to lose nuts under the shifter. I use a vacuum cleaner in small circular motions to collect debris in the car....

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post a pic of which nut you're referring to?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This nut is "jammed" meaning, that alone, the nuts are just that, spinning freely up the bolt. Once they are brought together and tightened using opposite force, they become unmoveable and thus your shifter will not spin.

To unjam the nut, just do the oppisite. Sit in the drivers seat, take 2 wrenches, put one on the bottom nut at 4:00 and another one on the top nut at 8:00. With ONE HAND, squeeze them together. This should break the jam and you can then remove the nuts. At first you think you are tightening them, just keep with it. Watch your knuckels, Good luck.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Email if you'de like detailed instructions for the Dilusi Short Throw shifter kit aa it contains details on how to remove the nut along with wrench sizes and more.

Regards,
Tittle

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve's right for 97.01 cars with rivet's in the shift boot make that nut tuff to crack.I had to fabricate a wrench.