DOES ANYONE HAVE INTRAX SPRINGS?????????????

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay.. This has been asked a few times before. Usually the next 10 responses are "Go with Eibachs, I love mine." Well I've been there, done that. EIBACHS ARE TOO DAYAM STIFF!!!!!! :( Even when the shocks are optimally adjusted (Tator did the install before I bought my first Viper) there is too much bounce!!!!! I bought another Viper with a stock suspension and it rides a helluva lot more comfortably! :ooo:

I put NWE spring caps on the back of the new car. The first side took me 4 hours, the second about 60 minutes, each side was without removing the suspension (I learned some tricks along the way.) THESE SPRING CAPS WILL LOWER THE CAR BY 3/8THS INCH AND NO MORE - you can measure the difference between the two spring caps off and on the car - it's 3/8". Don't believe the 1/2" to 5/8" claim!! Not a lot, but some improvement and the ride quality did not suffer.

Is there anyone out there who actually has experience with INTRAX springs, and even better, experience with both brands? Which spring gives a reasonable ride or are they both about the same?

I guess if no one else has ever compared the two, I may be the first to do it side by side. :cool:

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Intrax on my car. Happy with the spring rate, not noticably stiffer than stock. Happy with the rear spring install, unhappy about the fronts. They have slop that at full extension could let the spring rotate and get slightly out of place on the perches. Most high Qual. springs will have a slight variable rate portion to keep the extra length taught but not the Intrax. How were the Eibachs for this? MGH

OP
OP
D

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs don't have the problem that you are describing. In real world use have you had an actual problem with the inadequate front spring length when unweighted? It could be a big problem if you crest a hill going fast enough to get airborne (only happened once to me and not in a viper) because if your spring cap gets partially unperched on one side, you will now have asymmetry in the front suspension which could cause loss of control of the car.

I like the fact that the spring rate doesn't seem different than stock. How much did the Intraxs drop your car in the front and rear?

DrDJ

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had a problem yet with the inadequate spring length but I don't drive my car that much this time of the year and I just installed the springs a month ago. Intrax claims 1" drop front and rear and I would say that is pretty close, maybe a little less. MGH

OP
OP
D

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This a copy of an email that I got from INTRAX on the difference between Eibach and Intrax springs:

Quality wise we are the same, Chrome Silicon, Cold Wound, etc.. our warranty is technically longer (ltd Lifetime) however the main difference is the lowering height and ride. Are designs are generally more progressive in nature and we lowering the vehicle further. In this application we lower the vehicle about 1.0” front and rear. I have no idea what their spring rates are but ours are,
Front 325lbs/in
Rear 407 ~ 758lbs/in

Hope this answers your question,

Best Regards,

Technical

Does anyone know the Eibach spring rates?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960