Does the color significantly effect resale price?

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has color made any significant difference in resale value?

I am not talking about “special” limited runs but regular production colors.

I am looking purchasing a new 2002 Yellow or Graphite GTS. The price is the same fore either, $68,899.

While I like both colors, it just seems that the Graphite might be a little understated for the Viper.

Thanks,
Steve

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought that yellow was the in demand color for
the RT/10
laugh.gif

good luck and I highly recommend yellow fever.
mine has turned into jaundice
laugh.gif

Jim
smile.gif

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the factory in March, all of the colors sitting there, the charcoal with silver is one of the most attractive looking combs ever on the Viper, even made me rethink my sapphire with silver that I have thought was the best.

OP
OP
S

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a long look at the Graphite this afternoon...

It is growing on me. Maybe not the law enforcement magnet that the Yellow would be.

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I feel a one year color like Graphite would be a good asset come resale time.

A new 02 for 69K, nice price.

I'm looking to buy a near new GTS 02 Graphite with Silver Strips in December. Go buy that devil and call me in December at 602 233 6488. Maybe we could make this happen. Kevin "Shake" Shover

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never gave graphite a second thought. But I saw one in Tysinger Dodge here in VA and it's absoltely beautiful.

Steve

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have people ask me all the time if the cops mess with me, but since my GTS is almost the same color as the road, I think I "fly under the radar". I've always wondered....have the yellows gotten more harassment?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
YES!!!
I once was pulled over for going from a stop light
0-40mph in 2 sec.
the officer told me it would be a long summer if I continued to pull away from lights like that. Only problem. i was in a 45 mph
zone.

He was in an undercover car and in undercover apparel. I think he
just wanted to see the car.

That was last spring .. so we will see what happens this year.

JIM
smile.gif

OP
OP
S

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have an '02 Yellow Z06 (lets not start another vette/viper thread) and I love the color. The truth is that I had not even looked at a yellow car until I looked at a Viper last December. I bought the Z06 instead but did go with yellow.

I do not drive the car much but I do feel like the color gets me a lot of "special" attention from the local cops. On the Viper it would have to be 10 times the attention.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color?? What about STRIPES
smile.gif
Want to get attention - put two big ole racing stripes on the car!! Me, I'm partial to red with white stripe!! I, too, like the steel grey.....Kurt

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the viper draws attention to itself pretty readily. i originally wanted a silver gts as i thought it would fly under radar and look a bit more refined. I though i'd never want a black car with the dust, maintenance issues. I've changed my opinion on black since purchasing my red acr 6 months ago. My car stays very clean, black would show off the enjoyment i have in my car even more than the red i have now. my red car makes me feel conscientous of being seen (a mile away!) and even with radar it does mildly detract from the thrill the ride.

My $.02, while i love high impact(yellow black is cool!), the graphite (no stripes) would be a nice car to keep under radar. Stripes would set it off a bit more and would look really nice too. Are stripes even available 2002?

Jason

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GO SILVER !

Could be overtopped by a golden Viper only.
BURNOUT.gif

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intoduction colors will be in demand for collectors down the road. Red RT10 and Blue and white coupes.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe color does effect resale value.. if someone has their heart set on a certain hard to find color, they will be willing to pay extra..

im going to say the C word, but yellow LT1 Corvettes sell for a few thousand more than comparable cars that are the more usual colors..

unless of course, your color is nasty (like aqua)..

- eddie -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog